Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who all Has Property out in Holopaw  (Read 6619 times)
fishingurl04

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2005, 10:23:46 AM »

Just trying to see how many other people on here have property out there.

Setting up a group ride  on the Weekend of January 14th........ ride.....bbq.....ride....camp...........ride.......you know the drill........

Hope to meet you all soon..Smiley
Brute Force

Dont sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 01:53:30 PM »

I dont have property out there but am real good friends w/ people who do and go riding... camping...etc... all the time.  January 14th is a Saturday and a good day for riding all day long. I'm down.  Toast
I would have a group of 3-5

2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.
qt314nfla

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 04:21:12 PM »

I'll be there for sure.
bbf
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 09:24:56 PM »

i had a lot out there a  year ago  did not ride there to much  . i will go on this ride
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 10:29:53 AM »

We do, but have not been there in awhile.  Last time we were there their were so many people and unattended children trashing the place I could care less about going back.  We have done a few clean-ups and put culets in at the swimming hole but most of the owners and so called friends out there could care less and destroy it just because Sad  On one of the clean-ups we picked up "COLD" beer bottles  Angry  Kids skip school and rob and burn camps out there Huh The last fire out there was our camp area  Sad

I have a bad taste about that place every time we leave  Sad
I heard the Quads guys cleaned up the pavilion area, let me know if the wildness has calmed down and maybe we will try it again.  I did not like cruising down a trail and have a crazed 6-7 year old w/o a helmet coming around a corner at you at 40 mph, also have seen a few people air-lifted out of there  Cry and some did not make it  Cry

Sorry I'll shut up now.

Seabeejim

SPAZUKI

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 12:48:15 PM »

That weekend at Holopaw is the FTR race out there.  It will be crowed and plus they will have all the support/emergency vehicles and racers and campers.  Might not be a good weekend for a group ride.  I will be there helping with the race though and hope to be able to do some riding.

XR 50 with stickers and mods
flmedic911

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 01:00:44 PM »

I have prop. and a key in Holopaw,but  I think we are making a trip to Mill Dam over those days.  Keep me informed.....would like to meet with ya all!!!!

FLMEDIC911 Smiley Grin Wink Cool
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 01:08:06 PM by flmedic911 » Logged
indianjoe
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 01:28:32 PM »

The map shows the FTR race on property that adjoins the Holopaw area you are talking about, it is north off the Holopaw Groves RD. before you get to the gate at the end.

I agree Kawgirl, I was out there a while back with a friend who has property and it is was another world out there!!!
bbf
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 04:17:14 AM »

that was one of the reasons i sold there
suburbangirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 12:41:07 PM »

Now this is why Suburban Estates gets a bad name.  People that don't really know anything about the place or don't own property out there to understand.  I own property out there and me and my family ride all the time.  Responsibly I might ad. I have a five year old daughter who rides better than most adults, but let me tell you she is geared up from head to toe. 

And if you don't own any property in this place, you really shouldn't be in there.  Yes, come in with a land owner and enjoy the day, but there is a big problem of individuals who don't lock the gate behind them and every tom, you know what and harry comes in and trashes the place and makes it the way it is for the land owners.  It has cleaned up out there quite a bit.  Alot of landowners have put in there time to make the roads better.  You only make it what you want to in this area.  But, you have to look on the other side of the coin, it is a place to ride and alot of land to ride on.  Remember, just like driving a car, you have to be in control of your bike and the other individuals. 
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 01:30:06 PM »

Now this is why Suburban Estates gets a bad name.  People that don't really know anything about the place or don't own property out there to understand.  I own property out there and me and my family ride all the time.  Responsibly I might ad. I have a five year old daughter who rides better than most adults, but let me tell you she is geared up from head to toe. 

And if you don't own any property in this place, you really shouldn't be in there.  Yes, come in with a land owner and enjoy the day, but there is a big problem of individuals who don't lock the gate behind them and every tom, you know what and harry comes in and trashes the place and makes it the way it is for the land owners.  It has cleaned up out there quite a bit.  Alot of landowners have put in there time to make the roads better.  You only make it what you want to in this area.  But, you have to look on the other side of the coin, it is a place to ride and alot of land to ride on.  Remember, just like driving a car, you have to be in control of your bike and the other individuals. 

If you are referring to me...Yes we have owned property there for 2 1/2 years, and I do know all about the place!
As I said in my last post we helped put in the culverts at the swimming hole and did some clean-up rides.
It just pissed me off the last couple of times we were there all the irresponsible "NEW" people out there hanging out at the pavilion.

We are members of the POSSIE and member # 28 on the S/E board

fishingurl04

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 05:08:46 PM »

IF YOU NOTICE, MY FIRST QUESTION WAS....... WHO HAS PROPERTY OUT THERE........ JUST WANTING TO MEET PEOPLE WITH PROPERTY, SINCE THE SUBURBAESTATES FORUM IS NOT VERY ACTIVE.

NOT ONE TIME DID I OFFER FOR ANYONE WITH OUT A KEY TO COME, WHICH IS WHERE MY FIRST STATEMENT COMES IN ONCE AGAIN....

i AM A FIRM ENRIVOMENTALIST, AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT WITH ME LEAVING TRASH, ETC.  I DONT REALLY APPRECIATE PEOPLE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT MYSELF AND MY FAMILY, BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN

GOOD DAY

Curtis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 07:23:47 PM »

fishingurl04,

If you'd post something about a group ride on the SE board, you'd probably get some fellow landowners interested to meet new fellow LO's and go riding. If you haven't applied for membership to the LO's section, do it and post there.

The best way to meet new people is to introduce yourself and offer beer!  Tongue
suburbangirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 08:48:41 PM »

I believe someone is taking everything the wrong way about what I posted about Suburban.  It's nice and all to start a group ride out there, and I never said there was anything wrong with that, but so many people are giving the place a bad rap.  Lighten up.  And who said anything about not being an enviromentalist.  Have a good time out there and don't take everything so seriously.  Grin
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 08:52:27 PM »

WOW! You don't have to yell  Shocked
I was just stateing why we no longer go there  Sad
If you are a member of the landowners section on the S/E Board you would know that posting about S/E on an open forum is a big "NO No"

I'm outta here  Tongue

P.S. Hey Curtis  Wink Sorry

fishingurl04

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 09:08:51 PM »

I just didnt like the way everyone was replying so negativly to this post, all i want is people to get together and have a good time.  Undecided
ezgator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 06:35:21 AM »

Seems funny to me. I owned property from 1979-1995 as a hunting lease we never had to to deal with these kind of issuse's from week to week. If landowners don't get control of the gate it's all down hill from here.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:22:13 AM by ezgator » Logged
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 10:17:22 AM »

i'm actually leanind towards trying to get some property in holopaw cause of the rr 100.00 guest fee. but i think i'm gonna take a back seat and see how it all pans out.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com