Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High RPM Racer...Do Not Buy from them!!  (Read 10974 times)
Teej

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2005, 09:28:10 AM »

High RPM Racer is a web based mail order company. Less than two months ago, I bought a new Kazuma MKll Falcon 110cc from them. It was dropped shipped here. I did the basic assembly and checked all the visible bolts I thought. (I have bought Kazuma's before and have not had any problems, but never from High RPM Racer)

While my 9 yr old was riding, the front wheel almost completely came off. he was going slow breaking it in. Any faster and he could have been badly hurt.

The bottom bolt behind the front wheel that holds the bottom A arm to the wheel had worked its way out. [i did not check these] Anyway, with the brake assembly in the way, this does not appear to be easy to thread back in.

I immediately contacted High RPM Racers warranty dept. for directions in how they wanted me to handle this, or even instructions directing me how to fix it.

It has been 3 weeks and High RPM Racer has yet to get back to me. The ATV is not usable. My son could have been badly hurt. And they appear to not care at all. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL! This is terrible and seems to be a constant complaint concerning High RPM Racer. Other purchasers need to be warned.

Teej.........on irritated parent!!!

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 09:38:09 AM »

It sounds like a ball joint. Those dont thread, they pop back in. You need a hammer to *tap* on the top, not beat it in.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
sickmojave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 09:43:29 AM »

I have heard that alot about High RPM Racer..they get your money then forget who you are.. Angry

I bought my daughters 90 from raceway and have been very happy so far...

03 400ex. HMF s/o. XR cam. sparks flywheel key. pep dampener.AC bumper.PRM skid.Tinner scoops
Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 09:53:49 AM »

It sounds like a ball joint. Those dont thread, they pop back in. You need a hammer to *tap* on the top, not beat it in

Nope. This is threaded and the hole it came out of is threaded. The entire break assembly has to come off before I can thread it back in. I have lock tight but the threads in the hole feel like they may have gotten messed up when the bolt worked its way out.

Thanks, Teej

Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »

This is a threaded bolt that threads into the ball joint. Contacting the company in China, I found out that a safety notice was issued over 1 year ago stating that  pins needed to be inserted to keep this from coming loose.

HighRpmRacer is aware of this. I spoke to a woman there and she told me that the unit should have been updated. She was going to give the message to "Jack". I have left two phone messages for "Jack" as well as e-mails. No one from HighRpmRacer has gotten back to me concering this.

HighRpmRacer is knowingly selling 110cc Kazuma Falon MKll (called "deluxe" by the factory) that have safety problem and they are doing nothing to fix them and nothing to notify the purchasers.

HighRmpRacer is located in the state of IL. Someones child is going to get severly injured or killed with one of these bikes. Who can I notify to investigate them and force them to fix the problem as instructed by the factory? I am taking steps to get the factory in China to take action, but I want to get someone in IL to act immideately to stop the sale of these unsafe units.

Thank you,
Teej

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 12:31:38 PM »

Call the BBB. www.bbb.com

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 09:48:48 PM »

Well today I called the BBB, the Consumer Product Safety Commision, the Federal Trade Commision, and the Comsumer Protection Agency. Guess what??

This evening I got a call from HighRpmRacer. I was asked what I wanted to do to have this repaired? I won't bore you with the conversation, but I am going to remove both A-arm/ball joint wheel assemblies and send them back to HighRpmRacer to be repaired, then they will send them back to me.

I was again told that this unit should not have been shipped to me in this condition. I learned that they have had to repair others with the same problem and that Kazuma makes the new ones different.

I was told that they will not take to long to repair and get back to me. We will see. I will update when I get my repaired parts back.

Thank you, Teej

MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 06:15:18 PM »

Hey Teej, I just found this forum and I thought I'd check it out and whatdya know you're here from atvsource. Hah. Well, great that you got them to fix that for ya.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 12:46:57 PM »

bump

Nocturnal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 02:29:59 PM »

Is everything fixed now? Or did they continue to blow you off?

Just curious

2007 Camo King Quad 700 - 26" 589's
2005 Honda Rancher AT - Tamarack Front box, Kenwood stereo, 25" 589's, K&N

2006 VTX 1300C - K&N, windshield, bags
Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 02:34:54 PM »

It took a lot of work on my part and the envolvement of the BBB to get them to respond to me. They did finally take care of everything. I want others to know of them though.

Teej

the/4/horsemen

life is so beautiful when riding

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 02:09:31 PM »

High RPM Racer is a web based mail order company. Less than two months ago, I bought a new Kazuma MKll Falcon 110cc from them. It was dropped shipped here. I did the basic assembly and checked all the visible bolts I thought. (I have bought Kazuma's before and have not had any problems, but never from High RPM Racer)

While my 9 yr old was riding, the front wheel almost completely came off. he was going slow breaking it in. Any faster and he could have been badly hurt.

The bottom bolt behind the front wheel that holds the bottom A arm to the wheel had worked its way out. [i did not check these] Anyway, with the brake assembly in the way, this does not appear to be easy to thread back in.

I immediately contacted High RPM Racers warranty dept. for directions in how they wanted me to handle this, or even instructions directing me how to fix it.

It has been 3 weeks and High RPM Racer has yet to get back to me. The ATV is not usable. My son could have been badly hurt. And they appear to not care at all. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL! This is terrible and seems to be a constant complaint concerning High RPM Racer. Other purchasers need to be warned.

Teej.........on irritated parent!!!
           wow i was just getting ready to order from them  thanks dude that was very informative funny the guy i spoke to on the phone said there great quads and they never have a problem d!@k head
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 02:13:44 PM by the/4/horsemen » Logged

2006 roketa 250 water colled (mine) 2005suzuki king quad 700 snorkel,winch,rims,tires (mybrothers)
BreathlessPerformance

Enjoy life to the fullest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 05:05:37 PM »

I bought 3 atvs from them and was treated like sh---- after the sale. They charged my credit card and did not ship for 4 weeks. When I called the owner decided open his foul mouth at me. Never again will I deal with that company.

Ernie

www.BreathlessPerformance.com
06 Bombardier 800 & 400 H.O
06 Falcon 110 & 250 for the Kids
Ez Eric

Ride it like u stole it!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 05:18:12 AM »

I bought 3 atvs from them and was treated like sh---- after the sale. They charged my credit card and did not ship for 4 weeks. When I called the owner decided open his foul mouth at me. Never again will I deal with that company.

Ernie

Hey Ernie, I know these guys.....I talked with them and they remember your order and attitude.  Said you used a credit card alright but wanted shipping to a different address other than the billing address.  Master card and visa rules require purchases to be shipped to the billing address and proof of delivery signed by the card holder.  They also said they made an exception in your case to ship to your buddies place of business after verifying more info.  And that you kept calling everyday wanting rush shipment, triggering their online security department and demanding that shipment be made to buddies place----couple that with the fact that you made a LARGE ONLINE purchase.

It seems like there has been numerous cases of ATVs being shipped into florida especially the miami area and I think it is called "INTERNET FRAUD".  Another major ATV onliner besides these guys have also lost numerous ATV's in Florida due to fraud after shipping to "other than billing addresses".  There is dudes bashin around down there on FREE ATVs.  I know for a fact that there is a black ATV and a green ATV that are now classifed stolen after a fraudulent transaction because I handled the investigation with the shipping carriers security team.

I would be gun shy about shipping large purchase on credit card sales too---especially if a guy was calling every day demanding rush shipping to a buddies place and a large transaction amount.

Seems like there is always two sides to a story.  And they also said you are way out of line about the 4 weeks thing because they have the documentation on when they processed your payment and the signed delivery reciept from your buddy when he took delivery of the three ATVs.

Sounds like to me that you may have backed the guy in a corner and he was protecting himself from you and any possible fraudulent transactions.
IMPO (in my personal opinion)
yfz#78

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 02:13:35 AM »

next time go to your local atv dealership.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com