Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: adjusting valves  (Read 4023 times)
Roostin300ex

Yall dont keep it Fresh Azimiz

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2005, 02:05:02 PM »

does anyone know of a site where it says how to adjust the valve on a 300ex or does anybody feel like typing it out....

thanks i need to adjust them bad theres a hguge clicking noise and i cant ride until its fixed

1997 Honda 300 Ex...some mods...FOR SALE
1993 KX-125 pro circuit exhaust, renthal bars, khlein carb, flywheel, excel rims, powdercoated rims and forks, moose bar guards, ceet, oh yea a spare engine!
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 05:03:46 PM »

I checked with jayz400 and you have to remove the fuel tank, set eng at top dead center and remove the two caps on the valve cover (1 frt of eng. one rear) inside the caps is the rockers useing a 10mm  box ended wrench on the locking nut and a small needle nose vise grip in the top of the stud loosen jam nut, take a .004 feeler gauge between top of the valve and bottom of the rocker stud and snugg the rocker stud to the feeler gauge and then tighten jam nut back up. rember snug cause you can over tighten and to tight is worse than loose. Repeat for the other side. this is short but to the point but if your not mechcanicly incline dont do this most bike shops chg. little to do this. hope this helps.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 06:05:05 PM »

I went to the dealer and spent $30 on a Clymer book and it was the best money I ever spent.
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 09:04:32 PM »

I checked with jayz400 and you have to remove the fuel tank, set eng at top dead center and remove the two caps on the valve cover (1 frt of eng. one rear) inside the caps is the rockers useing a 10mm  box ended wrench on the locking nut and a small needle nose vise grip in the top of the stud loosen jam nut, take a .004 feeler gauge between top of the valve and bottom of the rocker stud and snugg the rocker stud to the feeler gauge and then tighten jam nut back up. rember snug cause you can over tighten and to tight is worse than loose. Repeat for the other side. this is short but to the point but if your not mechcanicly incline dont do this most bike shops chg. little to do this. hope this helps.

I am pretty sure the intake and exhaust valves have different clearances. I know other bikes are like YFZ and 400ex.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 11:24:10 PM »

I am pretty sure the intake and exhaust valves have different clearances. I know other bikes are like YFZ and 400ex.
most do, the valve clearance should be somewhere on the quad, usually on the underside of the intake box lid.  or on the outside...to many beers can't remember. but it is somewhere, maybe fuse box too.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
mid keneval

Da Bears

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 07:37:46 PM »

Go to (www.atvriders.com) & look in the articles it showes pics and inctructions on a 400ex. A 300ex can't be that much different hope this website helps.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 09:01:42 PM »

I got the info from jayz400 who has built a couple of 300ex eng. I know all the suzuki 4 strokes I have done were diffrent from the ext. to intake. just trying to help

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com