Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: People At Boat Ramps! Are they all idiots?  (Read 2994 times)
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2005, 09:43:18 PM »

Well being only 20 years old I have heard many people talk about the greatest form of entertainment is at boat ramps. I got my first boat(nitro 170dc) when I was 16 and I now am on my 2nd boat, I fish quite often so I am at the boat ramps a couple times a week. I have seen many husband and wife combonations that just crack me up watching them launch and land a boat, but yesterday while driving down the road I found the 1 boat ramp mishap that beats all ive seen. This guy went out for a days fishing and didnt catch any fish and saw the storms rolling in so he decided to put his boat up, he got it on the trailer and pulled out and when he went to strap the boat to the trailer forgot to put it in park! I have a 2002 1500HD Crew Cab 4x4 and It pulled him out with no problem. I didnt have a snatch strap with me and he didnt either so he called his wife and she brought about 60feet of 1/2" vinyl coated cable, and we double it up and it didnt break, thank god.  sorry for the poor quality pics but they were taken from my nextel.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 09:44:14 PM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
bbf
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 01:19:48 AM »

try to explan that to his insurance company
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 02:16:31 AM »

Now that's one way to get a new truck. I've seen stuf like this several times over the years. The waterways are some of the most dangerous places to go now a days. Anyone with some cash can buy a boat and hit the water with NO idea what they are doing. Many times I have gone to launch my boat with someone there trying to launch theirs, and I have parked my rig, warmed up my engine, and left with them still having their boat on the trailer. Very sad. I have gone down to the ramps when I had nothing to do and just watch, it's amazing what you will see. Makes you wander just how did they get their rig to the boat ramp in the first place.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 09:12:57 AM »

ROLF Shocked Grin
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 09:41:37 AM »

Oh My, That guy must feel about 2 inches tall  Embarrassed

Boy have we experienced boat ramp hysteria  Shocked
Jeff and I have been launching boats together since 1978  Wink and we have seen some of the stupidest people trying to go boating.   "I AM THE BOAT RAMP QUEEN [smiley=bow.gif]  
Jeff drops me off on the beach or the dock and I run up to get the truck and I usually get the
"Watch this woman try to back down"  Grin Grin Grin I back that trailer down first time I jump out stand on the tongue Jeff drives up on the trailer I hook it and drive out of the away done Grin

05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 09:45:08 AM »

Try pulling up to the boat ramp like this and watch the peoples expression saying there's no way he can get that on the trailer, much less pull out.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
KFXhead

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 12:00:06 PM »

^^^DIRTY NETTERS!!!!!
ZRIDER

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 02:04:06 PM »

I fish the Winter Haven Chain a lot and you wouldn't believe how many times I've seen that happen.  Another good one is when people try to pull out a big boat with a 2wd on a wet ramp.  They burn off half their tires trying to get out of the ramp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com