Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil Filters...  (Read 9643 times)
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:04:24 AM »

Which do the job better?    Re-usable(steel) or Paper oil filters?

Im looking to buy a Re-usable oil filter but not sure if they can collect all the particles that a paper oil filter can?Huh  or does the steel oil filters filter out more than the paper oil filters Huh
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 08:11:33 AM by 2006YFZ450 » Logged

NPRVinson

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »

I would go with the titanium filter with the maxi-pad inserts. Just make sure you get the super absorbent ones with wings. But you need to replace the inserts once a month or sooner if leakage occurs. This should gain you
79 hp with a HMF pipe.
debatethis

I'll be a martyr, but I'm no hypocrite or thief

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 09:53:39 AM »

I could be mistaken but I thought it was a full 80 hp when you got the pads with wings. Also make sure to check the pad often. If it fills up quick you should switch to the ones for heavy days. These will catch more clots, but if this is the case beware.... your quad will be off about a week per month  Shocked

The world is filled with hypocrites and martyrs....the difference is one has the nerve to stand tall against injustice while the other uses injustice to stand tall

"I don't trust anything that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die "

floridaatv.com Home of the Short Bus !
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 02:46:32 PM »

Well I got a NMotion and I'll be putting out 95HP with the Magnesium OIl filter Wink

2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 08:31:20 AM »

Is a steel oil filter better???

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 01:43:40 PM »

I personally don't like reusable oil filters. I would rather put a new paper one in every time I chane the oil. I buy the Hi-Flo ones on ebay 10 for like $35.00.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 02:30:47 PM »

i put the crt hi flow reuseable in my 450r  it works great and never buy another paper(stock filter again

if u can't be good be good at it
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 03:52:51 PM »

i put the crt hi flow reuseable in my 450r  it works great and never buy another paper(stock filter again

So you clean it with Warm soapy water right.........

T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 09:11:42 PM »

All I know is since I put the resuable filter in, My oil stays cleaner for a longer period of time. I like it better the paper now. At first I didn;t think I was going to like it, but now I"m happy I did so.

arod
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 08:14:51 PM »

i have the stainless steel reusable on my yfz. i get same results as T2, oil is alot cleaner. also changed oil to MOTUL brand.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 08:19:50 PM »

I just double up a coffee filter and cram it in the hole real tight. It works great on mine.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 12:42:45 AM »

I just double up a coffee filter and cram it in the hole real tight. It works great on mine.

Are you ever going to leave this kid alone? lol he asked a decent question for once.

Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 11:04:09 PM »

gotta becareful buying those super absorbants.....clerk might want to get a price check on your aisle....haha....

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 12:29:44 PM »

gotta becareful buying those super absorbants.....clerk might want to get a price check on your aisle....haha....

KOOL

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »

KOOL

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 01:57:38 PM »

KOOL

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

You tell em' o4250

Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 05:57:27 PM »

KOOL

You tell em' o4250
LOL...
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006, 05:58:45 PM »

KOOL

Y
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 05:59:14 PM »

KOOL

Y

O NVM
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 06:01:16 PM »

KOOL

OMT TEH ROFLEZZ!  Cool
ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 10:11:25 PM »

haha

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: