Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy gas  (Read 4977 times)
DittoBabyGirl

There is NO such thing as too much mudd!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2005, 07:08:05 AM »

READ ON--
   Why didn't George W. think of this?

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.

It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought it to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into
the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't
import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up
the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me,
my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies
are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle
Eastern oil :

Shell............................. 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Citgo.......................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Conoco...................0 barrels
Sinclair....................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..............0 barrels
Hess........................0 barrels
ARC0........0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and
each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are
importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers.

It's really simple to do.
Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how
simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those
300 send it to at least ten mo re (300 x 10 = 3,000) . and so on, by the
time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have
reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each,
then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes on e level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.
How long would all that take?

GaryinSeffner

Dont ride it like you're still paying for it!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 09:00:46 AM »

what about RACETRACK gas....where does it come from?

just curious b/c they usually have the best price but I didnt see their name on the list (maybe i'm blind haha)

Qdawg76
Supreme Member

AKA FLblaster. AKA FLsportsman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 12:45:47 PM »

that is some cool information, thanks

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525
DittoBabyGirl

There is NO such thing as too much mudd!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 07:37:24 AM »

I dunno about Racetrack...maybe you should ask em Gary?

Yeah....do that...then let us know  Wink

Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 01:46:01 AM »

That's why it's Sunoco and Hess for me!  Grin

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 08:42:01 AM »

READ ON--
   Why didn't George W. think of this?

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.

It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought it to boycott their GAS.

President Bush and the Saudis have close ties.  Just do a search and check it out.  I definetly agree with you on the boycott though.  I'm pissed about these gas prices.
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:40:11 AM »

Boycotting oil over where it comes from is a joke. The number of oil companies not using imported oil from Suadi Arabia.....survey says.......ZERO!

All oil companies use the same oil/gas, it's just additives added later that makes Amoco gas clear or whatever gas companies do to sell you their higher octane fuel. I learned that all gas is shared when I worked in the Port. Also the History Channel had a show, I think Modern Marvels, that explains this.

Gas prices are on the rise and the public is confused on the real reason why. I'm not completely sure myself, but I do know they are drilling more in Alaska, we invaded Iraq, a country that has one of the richest supplies of oil and the Bush's are best buds with the Saudis which makes me think that either A: Bush and his cronies bought Oil Stock on the option and are raking in the riches by telling us lie after lie or B: We are truely running out of oil.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 09:42:17 AM by TRX350_On_The_Rack » Logged

high-jacked

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 07:53:34 AM »

Hey guys, I dont claim to be a know it all, but I have done MUCH reserch on this issue because i am just inflamed about theis issue. Since 1982 the cost of gas has not gone up, IT HAS fluctuated 1-3 cents but nothing to constiute the outragous prices we are paying. Ever heard the old saying? The rich just get richer?Huh? this is the sole responsability of the GAS companys raising prices not the towel heads!!! And no one claim price gouging because they can claim that oil prices have gone up. ITS ALL PUBLIC INFO PEOPLE, if you know where to find it you can buts there balls real hard. The people need to stand up against these money hording a$$ holes and do something, and NO i dont meen the "dont buy gas for a day" That is the biggest joke I have ever heard of. The gas companys just laugh at us if that ever would happen. Lets all not eat for a day, then we will pig out the next day, see where im going with this?Huh WE ALL not just ATV members, have to do something, not florida but the better part of the USA. And it doesnt meen going to washington and protesting. It meens standing up for whats right. Remember what your daddy told you when you were 16 and over thinking things? KISS!!! keep it simple stuped!!!! a simple show of the PEOPLE would make a HUGE impact!!! everyone get a sign, and get with your friends and neighbors and line the streets, your MAJOR streets, just stand with your friend holding your feelings on your shoulder. I GUANRENDAMNTEE you with the media attention the would come from 3 thousand people standing on the side of the road would get the presedents attention. DO SOMETHING PEOPLE, grumbling and complaning about it will do nothing, we cant stop buying gas, bills have to be paid. It would be awesome if we could convince everyone to just stop working for a week. ALL EMPLOYES OF EVERY JOB!!! UPS< USPS< GAS COMPANYS< MORTGAGE COMPANYS< EVERYONE, but no one will do it and thats cool, but lets make a stand. If someone rips up off at the steak house you would complain, LETS DO SOMETHING!!!

LIVE STRONG! Dance with the one you love. Go to HEAVEN shouting!!! pick your friends wisely, and your enemies with a little more thought. BUT DONT PICK YOU NOSE AND FLICK IT !!!!!!
KFXhead

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 12:09:20 PM »

Ditto, I love the thought of where you are coming from, but it is true, they all share fuel once it is at the port. One of my employees works the gas dock at Port of Tampa & he has assured me of this as a normal mode of operation. Also, the exact words you listed were debunked right after 9/11. It turned out to be an internet myth set up by the gas companies to actually cause you to do exactly the opposite of what you think it means. The companies listed...ex: BP/Amoco, I know for a fact used to be owned by British Petroleum hence (BP). I know for a fact they were bought by the arabs. Saudi, pakistani, lybian, syrian, Iraqi or Iranian, who cares, they all want us dead!!! The bottom line is if you are not MUSLIM they want you DEAD!!! It is taught in the Khoran(sp?). I admire your political enthusiasm for your local community & I share the same beleifs as you in right & wrong apparently, but the whole gas thing is a non issue. When I read that after 9/11, I was adamant about the issue, but I then found out the info was untrue. I wish it were true because we could all have some input on the fuel we buy, but to be honest it all comes from the middle east & they are all muslim, so unless we get hybrid atv's & cars it wont matter, they got us all by the little hairs!!!!!
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 12:49:37 PM »

Sadly we have more enemies than the Muslims. The gas prices go up, people buy into it's stock only to keep raising the price. Vicious cycle.
Also the oil companies own a good portion of the hybrid/alternative fuel  technology we will convert to, so we're back to square one and breaking free from the Oil Companies is only an illusion.

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 01:25:06 PM »

That info is VERY OLD!  I do work for all of these oil companies, and if you go back and read it you will notice the the names are incorrect.... I got this in a email about 4-5? years ago.

Some of the new Names:
Chevron/Texaco
Conoco/Phillips
BP/Amoco

Also these companies will team up just for one job or to HIDE there name  Shocked
It all gets very confusing but we get paid by these companies and the name is on the check  Lips Sealed  

Yes the world would be just fine if we did not get oil from the Middle East, believe me there is plenty of oil in the US and the rest of the world.
I'm sorry to sound negative but I have been doing this for 19 years at this Company and we go all over the World surveying the ocean floor for oil/gas.

It's all Politics  [smiley=angry2.gif]

KFXhead - BP/Amoco has many divisons...

BPEgypt
BP Exploration Company
BP Oil Company

and

Amoco Caspian Sea Petroleum Limited
Amoco Eurasia Petroleum Company
Amoco Production Company
Amoco Trinidad Oil Company

high-jacked

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 01:35:42 PM »

Ok so tell us Kawgirl, since you work for the a$$ holes, not takeing a stab at you!!!! What do we do to thorw that preverable wrench in there gears?Huh Tell me how so it can get done, I cant take much more of this price for gas, and there saying its going up to $3 soon. I really feel sorry for the man/woman that has to drive ther own car for there work.

LIVE STRONG! Dance with the one you love. Go to HEAVEN shouting!!! pick your friends wisely, and your enemies with a little more thought. BUT DONT PICK YOU NOSE AND FLICK IT !!!!!!
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 01:53:33 PM »

Solution. Put on street tires, brake lights, directionals and mirrors and drive our quads to work!

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 02:08:08 PM »

Hey if I knew that answer I would be Rich Tongue

Yes we do work for them but we also work for the gov'nt and the little people.  We have been busting A$$ in other countries surveying, there is a TON of Oil/Gas in the GOM and in FLorida (don't want to go there Lips Sealed) Alaska, Trinidad, Indonesia.  I worked on a job in Irian Jaya, Indonesia for 4 years and the oil company wanted to build a plant and pump gas to it (in the middle of NO WHERE) they moved a tribe, then had to build them a town Shocked and when they get it all done and the client that they were going to sell to decided to get there gas somewhere else  Shocked Shocked  I have not heard lately what the outcome was ?  Our contact's apartment in Jakarta was bombed and she quit and went back to Australia  :-/  So how much money do you think they spent on that  Huh  I know we got a few mill.
We have had a few Jobs in Qatar, Bahrain, UAI, & the Red Sea but for the most part we don't have but "ONE" employee that is wacked enough and can't wait to go there [smiley=Wacko.gif] so we try not to bid on those jobs.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 07:29:00 AM by kawgirl » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com