Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Cypress is for the Big Dogs only!  (Read 16616 times)
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 06:55:22 PM »

I have yet to even look on a map to see where Big Cypress is........
what area of the state is it in?
     Seems like every place charges $50 for the year to ride, and none of these recipricate?  (I could spend $50 for Croom, $50 (coming soon) at
Ocala and $50 at Big Cypress......and only use Croom and Big Cypress once.
  That is allot of dough to be handing out.......hopefully they will come up with a 'day pass'....kind of "try-it-before-you-buy-it-for-a-year".
     Anyhow....got to add Big Cypress to the list.

Chuck

Chuck-

Let's load your & my 4x4's on my trailer and GO! I'll bring my 2 tow straps and get a pair of hip boots or waders!

Can you say-

GROUP RIDE??

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
themensh

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 09:49:58 PM »

sounds tempting don't it?      mention some dates.....and I have still yet to find it on a map.   Where is it? Down south?
  Can I drop my girlfriend off in Boca at her cousins house?    LOL

Tow straps?      You have two?  Maybe I should get ONE.....LOL

chuck
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 10:21:13 PM »

DATES: Well, Gamer mentioned  the 20, 21,22 of January, he will be there. I am planning for then also. So maybe we can plan for those dates.  I would like to go before then, ANYONE  Grin want to ride with me sometime during the week of the 18th through the 23 of December??? Anyone.
I was planning on camping there the 17th and hitting the trail Sunday for about 4-5 hours. I also want to ride during the week also. Sitting around the house is going to kill me.

Dirty1, if you have anymore pics, please post them. My wife doesn't believe how beautiful it is out there. I almost have her convenced to buy an atv for herself and join me.

To locate BC, look on a map at I-75 were it goes East-West. Just East of Naples off of HW 29 South of 75, North of 41, and East of 29. There she be.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2005, 09:35:03 PM »

sounds tempting don't it?      mention some dates.....and I have still yet to find it on a map.   Where is it? Down south?
  Can I drop my girlfriend off in Boca at her cousins house?    LOL

Tow straps?      You have two?  Maybe I should get ONE.....LOL

chuck

Just to be safe, bring 2. Drop the GF at Boca, and come across 75 to BC.

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
themensh

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2005, 10:17:09 PM »

Glad I checked my calendar....I bought Allison Kraus (and Union Station) tickets for Daytona Beach...wouldn't you know it....the concert in Jan 21st.
    I will continue to watch for rides and dates.......(I really want to ride with you all! LOL)   

Chuck roast
MrsPureLogic

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2005, 10:44:12 PM »

Big Cypress is a great place to ride......in my opinion if you're going to ride, relax, take it easy...look at the scenery.  However after experiencing the other areas offered to us......I'd much rather go somewhere else myself.  It's a great place to ride every so often.  Just my 2 cents.  Wink

BTW going alone is NOT something you want to do out there....hubby did that last year, his bike took in water on Big Bear Island.....so did the cell phone....hiked 18 miles.....

never been back since.... TskTsk
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2005, 11:57:04 AM »

Glad I checked my calendar....I bought Allison Kraus (and Union Station) tickets for Daytona Beach...wouldn't you know it....the concert in Jan 21st.
    I will continue to watch for rides and dates.......(I really want to ride with you all! LOL)   

Chuck roast

I am sure someone would buy the tickets from you. Get your priorities straight, mister.

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2005, 12:00:31 PM »

Big Cypress is a great place to ride......in my opinion if you're going to ride, relax, take it easy...look at the scenery.  However after experiencing the other areas offered to us......I'd much rather go somewhere else myself.  It's a great place to ride every so often.  Just my 2 cents.  Wink

BTW going alone is NOT something you want to do out there....hubby did that last year, his bike took in water on Big Bear Island.....so did the cell phone....hiked 18 miles.....

never been back since.... TskTsk

Good advice.

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
HondaBoys

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2005, 07:51:44 PM »

Just for informational purposes. The NPS is in the process of making the entire Big Cypress a designated trail only area. A lot of it has to do with what they say is damage from ORV just riding anywhere they want. It has already happened south of U.S. 41 and WILL happen north of it as well in due time. I hunt out there and hate the fact that I have to stay on designated trail and can't get to where I want to hunt legally without walking. They limit the number of permits to try and keep the ORV traffic down. The permits go to not just ATVs but to buggies and airboats as well and they only sell 2000 per year. If you happen to be one of the people that rides hellbent just because you can, please don't go out there and ruin it for the rest of us that use it for other puposes.

Mine '02 450S,Big Bore Kit, cammed, Locked, lifted, gorilla'd, 28/12.5/12 Laws, jetted, dual snorkeled, clutch kit, FMF pipe, 3000# Warn
Hers '04 450S, 26 Outlaws
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2005, 11:20:36 PM »

Well, I rode the Monroe trail south. Wow! good ATV trail. I also rode the Oasis trail again, Wow! some knuckleheads in buggies have tore that trail all to sh..    Angry Trees were run over, the land was shreaded. This damaged happened recently. Buggies are the culprits of the damage not ATV's.  Buggie permits should be limited and ATV's increased. I do not know about ya'll but I have never seen an ATC run over and snap a 4 inch thick 20 foot tall pine tree.
Going off the trail to go to that special hunting spot is one thing, short cutting the trail just to get back on it 50 feet later..why? Angry

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
MiamiE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2005, 11:25:23 PM »

Whens a good time to go a 2006 permit?

1988 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4
25" Vampires

1988 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4
25" Stockers
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2006, 12:48:54 PM »

Fridays Saturdays and Sundays I think 10 till 3. Check their site 

http://www.nps.gov/bicy/orv/orvpage.htm

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2006, 08:06:03 PM »

I've had a permit for the past two years and can't talk anyone into riding there. Does anyone want to lead a group ride soon?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2006, 09:34:01 PM »

AintSkeered  Looks like we are puttin one together for the weekend of the 20th. Looks like Gamer started it and I am arranging accomodations,,are you in? Smiley

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Durkan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2006, 10:05:59 PM »

There will be 4 of us going that Friday morning of the 20th. Gamer, myself, and two others with two wolverines a big bear and a sportsman 500. Hope my new gps gets here in time  Undecided
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2006, 12:53:22 PM »

Durkan What time you looking to get there Friday? Did yo get my PM with my Nextel #? 

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2006, 03:49:15 PM »

Let's move this over to the group ride section.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,10140.0.html
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com