Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEX EDUCATION RIGHTS  (Read 7783 times)
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2005, 07:36:17 AM »

Over the years, our childrens' history books have been constantly rewritten to INCLUDE the contributions of people who were NOT white men. So, are we saying that we should have the right to remove your children from a history class which teaches about George Washington Carver or Rosa Parks, etc. just because we want to shield our children from those facts? I'm sorry, but, I've much more respect for and confidence in my smart 9 y.o. and 14 y.o. children that they can separate fiction from fact. Furthermore, I support the notion of our public schools teaching Darwinism. But, I also believe they should teach a non-denominational course to help children understand and respect why tens of millions of Americans believe God created man(instead of man simply evolving from a monkey).  Ignorance is NOT bliss!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:39:20 AM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2005, 07:55:37 AM »

My point, exactly. A "civilized" society teaches their children socially-acceptable behavior. But, some parents teach anti-social(prejudice, racism, hatred, intolerance, FEAR, etc.) behavior. Or, they don't teach their children about human sexuality or otherwise neglect or abuse their children. Since these children don't wear labels on their foreheads, all children should be publicly educated. If, as a parent, you are truly that concerned with public school curriculum on sex education, get involved in it, instead of just preaching doom and gloom or a "burn-the-books' mentality!

you are simply amazing, the only point that most here are trying to make is that we don't want the government to control our lives or our children's lives, and while we may disagree with someone on this point we do not try to convince them that they are wrong and need straightening out.  You however seem to think that whoever does not follow your point of view needs to be thrown in a padded room with a straightjacket.

Do you not see the irony?

now, who want's to go ride?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
rappy350

faster than yours

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 08:29:03 AM »

If you you guys want to here it from a teenager then read my post if not move on to the next thread.  You guys are making such a fuss about what the schools are teaching our kids.  But the fact of life is that kids tell other kids info.  So by the time that the kids are ten the pretty much know everything. And if your 11 year old son asked where are babies from he already knows and he is just asking to get your reaction.

2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
 Big Red (sister in-laws)
enniehall

Get busy living or get busy dying!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2005, 12:55:44 PM »

As far as I can remember you were not allowed to participate in any sexual education course at any grade level until your parent(s) signed a wavier.  The article didn't reflect whether or not they still used that method but if the public schools do require parental permission then how have the courts "stripped away" any parental rights?

Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.
Anoriginal

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 01:21:55 PM »

" and this one time, at band camp......."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 03:33:40 PM »

" and this one time, at band camp......."

I could play music out my backside without a trumpet ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2005, 06:05:58 PM »

I apolgize. My intent was to stimulate discussion, not nerves. But, that's difficult to do on emotional topics like these.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 06:16:48 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

beware of the green trucks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2005, 06:52:24 PM »

well i have no problem with the ruling. the problem is there are too many parents not teaching thier kids themselves so we tax payers get stuck with the results of ignorant kids screwing up. when people dont govern themselves the feds step in.

just my opinion.

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com