Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: any online investors  (Read 2720 times)
Chuck_Norris

« on: October 23, 2005, 10:15:02 AM »

Looking for heads up in this area. anyone here dabbling in it?
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 12:01:27 PM »

My neighbor has, If you have questions maybe I could get an answer for you!

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 05:04:50 PM »

I have a great portfolio I have been doing on paper just to try my luck and I have picked some great winners. I am not wanting to do day trading just invest over time.  Google jumped $35.00 on Frinday Grin somebody came out a winner on that one... None the less I looked at online companies like Ameritrade, charles schawb, etc. looking for someone with experience in this area to educate me.
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 06:32:24 PM »

I`ll see if I can get some info for ya!    Good luck with it !!!!

The " Black Pearl "
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 09:28:37 PM »

ohhhh, that kind of investing,,,nah I don't do that ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 11:03:05 PM »

Got one if you have the Huh?? SIRI sirrius sat radio is projected to hit the teens early 06 when Howard Stern starts, it is around 6 now. I bought in @ 2.00 a share and sold @ 9.00. bought back @ 6.00 and waiting for the next wave with my free shares to pay-out. Long term you should make a ton,
    But with stocks nothing is a sure thing!!! Shocked

Good Luck with whatever you buy!!!   

Should have bought stock in genorators Grin
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 11:27:05 PM »

Do you think the stock market is making a comeback? Houses are where its at now.

Good luck and keep me in mind when you hit it big Wink
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 07:30:02 AM »

Do you think the stock market is making a comeback? Houses are where its at now.

Good luck and keep me in mind when you hit it big Wink
I agree realestate is also sound investing. I had some big winners as I mentioned earlier on paper not actually trading. thought I'd get some insite.
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 08:32:21 AM »

Real Estate is the way to make money.  My dad bought a peice of land in clearwater that was 2 acres for $200,000 now we got a offer for $475,000.

dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 07:26:45 PM »

My neighbor was doing the day to day thing, But say`s he knows a little about long term.   I just dont want to see anyone take a loss!!
  I talked to my parents, who have done a lot of mutals, they have done pretty good with them, but its still a gamble!

The " Black Pearl "
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 07:21:45 AM »

My neighbor was doing the day to day thing, But say`s he knows a little about long term.   I just dont want to see anyone take a loss!!
  I talked to my parents, who have done a lot of mutals, they have done pretty good with them, but its still a gamble!
Thanks Don
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 12:05:11 PM »

Real Estate is the way to make money.  My dad bought a peice of land in clearwater that was 2 acres for $200,000 now we got a offer for $475,000.

Yea, How long did you own it? Why is it worth so much? Is it on the water?
Bush Hog

A pair of '04 330 Outlanders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 04:19:44 PM »

Real estate has historically been a safe investment, but lately it's been an extremely hot investment.  A lot of people say the bubble is going to burst soon on the re market, but it hasn't yet.  I think it will too.  When people buy things just to turn around and sell it for a profit, it contributes nothing to the economy, and can only ride so far.   It's like the dotcom market.  When things are selling for amounts that are astronomically more than they are worth, someone is going to be left without a chair when the music stops.

Talk is the Fed is going to raise intrest rates again a quarter point.  One of the reasons RE has been so hot, is due to cheap money.  Once the mortgage rates start really climbing, buyers for big money RE won't be as plentiful.

DISCLAIMER:  I have no degree in economics, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Also, I just refinanced my house this morning getting out of an ARM I had, because I don't see rates coming down anytime soon, if at all during my lifetime.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 06:15:11 PM »

Rates are going to keep climbing for a while but so are the values. Florida is a long ways off from California's or the mid Atlantic states values. With 1000 people a day moving to Fl we have a long way to go before values level out. Here's a Market Commentary that I sent out today to all of my accounts.

Fed Funds, simply put, is the interest rate that banks charge each other for overnight monies needed to meet reserve requirements. It is currently 3.75%, and is expected to go to 4.0% today, and 4.25% on December 13th, the next Fed meeting. With 11 consecutive rate hikes behind us, the Fed funds target is quickly approaching most estimates of the long-term neutral target rate of 4.5%, but the long-term neutral rate is not necessarily where the current tightening cycle will top out since the top is determined by short -term cyclical conditions unique to each business cycle.

But what is a neutral rate and will it be 4.5% in this cycle? No one knows. The neutral Fed funds target rate is the rate that is consistent with the economy expanding at its long-term potential, with monetary policy neither stimulating nor restraining growth. It includes and considers productivity growth, inflation expectations, and labor force growth. In the last 10 years, the highest Fed Funds rate was 6.50% in mid-2000, and the lowest was 1.0% in early 2004.

Stocks posted their biggest two-day rally in almost a year as oil prices closed below $60 a barrel and mortgage prices remained roughly unchanged from Friday afternoons levels. And so far this morning mortgages and Treasury prices are roughly unchanged ahead of the Federal Open Market Committee meeting.

One item of interest to institutions who invest in mortgage-backed securities is the breakdown of coupons. For example, currently the 30-yr issuance is as follows: 40% 5.5% (5.75%-6.125% mortgages), 50% 6 (6.25%-6.625% mortgages, and 10% 6.5% (above 6.75%).

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com