Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Take IT ANYMORE!  (Read 6058 times)
GregsRancher

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2005, 10:56:58 AM »

Here goes my rant

I'm from Naples, FL. A few years ago being from Naples was probaly the best thing in the world for us ATV'ers. First they closed down badluck (I was there the last night and smoked 2 packs of cigs at the sign haha) Then they closed down our second favorite spot ( Pipers Fence Line or 951 EXT) This spot basically connceted to the Bonita Springs Prarie which I aint gonna go into details about cause it's secret HEHE. Then they closed THAT DOWN JESUS! So we all started going out to the tram which runs 10th off the bvld all the way to Everglades Bvld or used to. WHERE DO I GO? WHERE DO ALL OF US NAPLES BOYS GO? WHAT NOW? SEE FOR US IT'S OVER. IM EVEN THINKING ABOUT SELLING MY BIKE ITS  SO REDICULOUS. I'M SERIOUSLY READY TO STRANGGLE SOMEONE.  Angry Cry Sad

2003 Honda Rancher S 4x4
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 11:08:15 AM »

Here goes my rant

I'm from Naples, FL. A few years ago being from Naples was probaly the best thing in the world for us ATV'ers. First they closed down badluck (I was there the last night and smoked 2 packs of cigs at the sign haha) Then they closed down our second favorite spot ( Pipers Fence Line or 951 EXT) This spot basically connceted to the Bonita Springs Prarie which I aint gonna go into details about cause it's secret HEHE. Then they closed THAT DOWN JESUS! So we all started going out to the tram which runs 10th off the bvld all the way to Everglades Bvld or used to. WHERE DO I GO? WHERE DO ALL OF US NAPLES BOYS GO? WHAT NOW? SEE FOR US IT'S OVER. IM EVEN THINKING ABOUT SELLING MY BIKE ITS  SO REDICULOUS. I'M SERIOUSLY READY TO STRANGGLE SOMEONE.  Angry Cry Sad

i'm in the same boat man. I'm sick of all this. I might get out of the sport but then what would I do? Drugs? lol. anyway i understand your pain.
Wannagofaster

Tuck in behind me. I will show you where to crash!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:10:24 AM »

Don't sell it untill after hurricane/tropical storm Wilma comes through. you may need it to get around for a few days.
z400stunter

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 11:47:34 AM »

Yeah I'm with ya on that one.  I was also out at the prarie on the last day.  I say we get about 100 people together and go out there.  They can't tow all our bikes.

JUMP IT!
2ndtime04gt

buythisatvstuff is my B-WORD!!!!! crybaby!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:02:53 PM »

Thats what happens when the northern people retire and move to FLAWRIDA. They want to come here and have peace and quiet and spend hundreds of thousands on their homes and developers want to take their hundreds of thousands. Its the same here in broward county, almost all of the land being built on and what is left they wont let you ride on. As soon as my son graduates high school im moving to Tennessee.

Im a redneck and i vote. Racist rednecks give us all a bad name. I love the USA and will fight and defend it any way possible.

Its all Clintons Fault!! WAHHHHHH!!<<<< Reps cry during the bush Admin, Suck it d-bags !!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 12:08:53 PM »

You know in TN they have a term HALFBACK.  It is for the northern people who moved to Florida and are now in TN/NC.  They figure they are half the way back.  They wont tell me what they call FL people who move there.  I think it starts with As and ends with les.
ish

It ain't fast without mixed gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 01:43:13 PM »

i understand completley. here in miami is the same thing they build houses next to some of our greatest spots all kinds of diff ppl used to ride(firefighters, cops, and so on). hell the squares, when things got really bad here in miami we used to head out to the squares. i would have to say last year alone we went to the squares about 20 times to camp for the weekend. yes i was there the last weekend of the squares and it was great and sad at the sametime. all i know is this dam state is getting worse and worse( here lets save this land but lets also build more houses on the everglades). i just don't get it.

o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 02:33:51 PM »

Here goes my rant

Yeah and they closed the tram too, friday night a bunch of kids got breatalizers. Even as a kid, I thought Naples was the best place to live, now everything gets closed. Sad My dad is one of the few left that was born in Naples, and even he wants to move. To make matters worst the sports park is getting closed too. Sad
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 04:10:25 PM »

Everyone that lives in Naples really needs to get together and start attending every commission meeting and start complaining.  That's the only way your going to get anything done.  You can even send them emails.  It's ridiculous with the amount of places there are to ride there that the City, County and State can't do anything for you.  There has been alot of media covered on this too.  It might even take a lawsuit to get them to change there thinking since they promised a place by October 1st 2005 which has come and past.  Start making phone calls and complain.  I just sent an email to Mike Long who is the director of DOF and here is what he said.

From: "Long, Mike" <longm@doacs.state.fl.us> [Add to Address Book] [View Source]
To: "Gamer"
Subject: RE: Picayune State Forest
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 23:46:53 +0000

The meeting did not go well and it looks like if we are ever to be able to come to a solution for OHV use on the forest that the US Fish and Wildlife and the Army Corps of Engineers are going to have to have a complete mind change.  They will not flat out say no but they can give no guidance on what they will be willing to accept.

Bases on not being able to get a clear answer as to what is acceptable we are moving forward and sending our plan out for approval.   At least then they have to comment in writing if they do not approve it. 

I think we may be able to allow OHVs but it is still a long uphill battle.
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 05:07:16 PM »

yea
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 08:14:10 PM »

Screw naples riding, that is why I joined FTR to race in sanctioned events so I was legal in riding..

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 01:18:52 AM »

GregsRancher,

The good news is .......................wait there is no good news.
I've been ridin' atc's since 1977 and in that span of almost 30 years its deperessing  when i think back to all the land thats been developed in that time. Florida and the so called rural life some of had is going if not gone all together for some.

One  example of how our old past times are goin' is  the loss of farm lands to develoment  and the loss of hunting areas near them .

Take up another hobby like golf , there are plenty of golf courses   in the state .Thats going to be about the only outdoor sport we'll have .

Airboaters are facing the same problem , new water front homes are built in the swamps of ol florida .New residents move in ,weekend comes and the good ol' boys go riding like they've done  but now the sheriff's gettin' calls regarding noise .
  Hate to say it but its only going to get worse.  Angry
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 01:27:16 AM by foreman1 » Logged

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 03:14:30 PM »

I got one place to ride that is Sunshine MX or I can go to croom or dade city!! Angry That really pises me off whene there is no where to ride!! Angry

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
grass-catcher

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 03:24:16 PM »

What really sucks is now everybody is moving from southern part of the
state and buying up land up here in northern part.On top of that people
from other place coming in too.One day the only legal outdoor activities
will be mowing youre grass or golf.
indianjoe
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 03:42:38 PM »

Gamer you mention lawsuit..That might be a possibility if an attorney with b$$$ could be found because bedies what the different counties have said they would do the state has been collecting money from the title fees of atv's, and fl. is ranked 3rd in the nation for new sales...and they have only opened one new riding area int he panhandle even though water management owns 1,000 of acres around the state that is sitting there or being leased for cattle leases..maybe a class action?Huh?
GregsRancher

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 05:37:21 PM »

yeah man one day my friends and i got so fustriated about 10 of us road like 2 miles down a sidewalk and were just f**k**g around around a walmart cause we have no where to go...and sh*t i see crap like that happening more and more if we got no where to go and a bunch of bikes to ride!

screw this lets organize the biggest protest in the world and lets do it out near badluck and just camp out there till we get some attention

2003 Honda Rancher S 4x4
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 08:14:58 PM »

The only attention you will get is a ticket. I don't think they care if we have a place to ride or not, they just want to get money off of the tickets that they issue us.
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 08:31:23 PM »

If you decide to protest let me know, so I can film it and get it on TV

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 11:24:23 AM »

I'm down for the cause.  Maybe we can all get together and go to the capitol some time.  Tate's hell is right near there so we can ride too.  Maybe a convoy of trucks and 4wheelers will make something click in Jeb's mind that we are serious.  If I have no place to ride by '06 I'm taking it to the streets.  Catch me if you can!  I'm just fed up with all the garbage I have to put up with.  I pay taxes just like everyone else.  Boaters and jetskis still have lots of places to go.  What about buggies and quads?

JUMP IT!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com