Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR Question  (Read 2068 times)
Laurie133

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2005, 07:52:16 PM »

Okay I have a dumb question (trying to learn more about FTR)...
What is the difference between "Quad Scrambles" and "Hare Scrambles Quad Classes".

By husband wants me to think about racing.. I love riding (fast!) through the woods, but never thought about FTR before... Any help/info on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Any while we are on the subject... how many stock bikes ride FTR? Just wondering... Thanks!
ratrider44

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 07:59:57 PM »

Laurie, the quad series is new this year.  The only difference in the racing is that the hare scramble quad race is 1 1/2 hours long and the quad scrambles will be 2 hours long.  Lots of quads are stock.  After you ride one, the one thing you will understand is that making your quad faster is not something that you will need to do.  Making your quad ride smoother will make a big difference in how you ride and feel after the race..... Good luck. 

2003 Suzuki Z400
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 01:55:59 PM »

Rat, you summed it up very well.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 03:57:55 PM »

One other thing to remember that is different between the two is that the QS is just Quads.  There are also many more classes for you to chose from.  They also have youth classes at the QS.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 05:52:50 PM »

Laurie133,

You should definitely come out and try a woods race! I was hesitant when I first started and now I am  hooked!!

The first Quad Scramble is the weekend of 10/22 & 10/23. I have attached the link to the flyer which gives you the classes, schedule, directions, costs, etc. The first race is in Madison...we just raced there this past weekend...what a blast...GREAT course!! http://www.floridatrailriders.org/flyer/BLACK_JACK_QS_05_3.pdf

The next Hare Scramble is on 11/19...I have attached the link to that flyer as well!! If you noticed the HS has many dirt bike classes…quad classes are smaller and we race on Saturday.
http://www.floridatrailriders.org/flyer/Benefit_HS_Flyer_112005.pdf

I have been racing FTR for 4 yrs now and would be happy to answer any additional questions you have!!!

Come out and try it...the sport is great...and the people you meet are even better!!

Jennifer Albright

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com