Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it legal?  (Read 13360 times)
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 12:08:15 PM »

look man, I talk to you on instant messenger and your a cool guy. But doing this is wrong. Right now I dont have a job and my life savings is 10.00 and I still manage to get enough gas to go back and forth to school. See if you can make a deal with your parents like if you do good in school mabey they can help you out.

Good luck.
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2005, 12:09:59 PM »

I have to agree with not doing a Kat/Quad fundraiser. People that donated would get mighty upset when they found out you kept 20%, and if you tell them up front they won't donate. I would suggest going to work for everyone thats willing to pay you. Buy your parts as you earn the cash that way you don't spend it on something you don't really need.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2005, 12:27:40 PM »

You may not like this, but

Do it the old fashioned way,

Earn it.

You'll be a better person for it.

yes,  dont take money from a disaster fund raiser type thing.
if you want to help so bad, get a job at publix and for every $10 you make give the red cross $2 or something.

glhf,

rl.

For someone to even fathom taking money that people donate because they feel bad for those affected by Katrina/ Rita is just WRONG..... For those of us affected by anyone of the four hurricanes last year we all know how hard it was to recover from that.... Whats so hard about getting a job at Publix or Winn Dixie or somewhere.... Babysit if you have to or do chores around the house & then ask your parents for the money .....

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2005, 12:33:34 PM »

i can't believe i am actually reading this post...and u would even suggest an idea for such a thing....for a quad no less, mines broke too, and i have not come up with such an absurd idea...it's broke, and i need to WORK and EARN my money to fix it.....not look for a handout at other peoples expense.....it'll just fall in line with many of the katrina SCAMS going on and lots of folks getting arrested for it....wanna join them?

wheres yer sense of morals?

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2005, 12:41:46 PM »

Yeah, what are you thinking. You keep 80% and give 20% to the victims.

xtremeraptor

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2005, 02:13:03 PM »

get a job and save like everyone else does....................the whole fundraiser is a bad idea

FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY...................FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT NONE WILL SUFFICE
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 04:48:01 PM »

dude thats funny! you get a "+" for that.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
JustC1582

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2005, 03:58:32 AM »

There are some useful ideas on here, LISTEN to some of them.

Taking money from people who want to help hurricane victims & putting it in your pocket is pathetic, fraud, illegal, etc...

2004 POLARIS Sportsman 500 HO (50th Anniversary Edition)

26'' MudLites
K & N Air Filter
Brush Guard
jwscroll
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2005, 06:05:00 AM »

These cats that are gettin all excited are funny. The kid was asking for advice, not critisism for a bad idea. I'm sure he's not the only one that has thought of it, at least the kid was willing to donate and do the work. I know it sounds wrong but most charities DO keep part of the donations they recieve to take care of overhead costs, some charitable organizations KEEP a majority of the donations and only donate 20-40% to people that need it. Be careful who you donate to, do your homework or they'll get your money and run.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
NP04Foreman
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2005, 06:52:49 AM »

GEEZE I TOLD YOU ALL I WAS SORRY FOR MAKING SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND ALL OF YOU ARE GETTING WORKED UP.I AM PUTTING IT ON EBAY AND ON HERE... EVERYONE JUST NEEDS TO CALM DOWN! Angry

'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2005, 10:21:19 AM »

You should not be incouraging this type of activity !!!  Evil

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2005, 10:30:43 AM »

Just trying to help the kid out and get 50% of the profit  Devil

enniehall

Get busy living or get busy dying!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2005, 10:33:34 AM »

I think we may have a little con man on our hands.  You know as well as we do creating a fund raiser for the hurricane victims and keeping 20% of the monies raised is wrong or you wouldn't be asking.  I understand the situation your in it's not that easy to get a job you can work more hours at due to the child labor laws.  I think if your only 15 you can only work like 16 hours a week or something.  Just do as many side jobs as you can.  Walk dogs, cut lawns, wash cars...or 4-wheelers, do anything you possibly can.  

Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2005, 10:42:44 AM »

Most of you know... my quad has been down for a year (as of October 23rd). Yeah it kills and yes it would be nice to for once get a bit of help when it comes money, lol. Unfortunately, fund raisers really arent the way to go. And charities like what you were talking about are just plain absurd and it is truely disappointing to know you even thought of that! Charities are set up for a specific purpose and they are non-profit (meaning the collectors do not see a dime of that money). No one would want to donate to a cause knowing that at the same time they are feeding your pocket. For now, stick with washing cars, mowing lawns, doing errands, etc to get the money... it'll come eventually. I have another 3000-4000 to save up... so it's going to be at least another 4-6 months before I can even think about getting back on my quad... we're all in the same boat... we're middle class americans.... the ones who always have to worry about where the money they make is going and how to acquire what they need.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
enniehall

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2005, 11:31:37 AM »

Wow  Oh my god! I don't know if I could handle a year, mine has been down since the begining of Sep I had an oil leak and then the rear end blew out (need about a grand if i want to fix it right) and I feel like pulling my hair out it is so hard not to take my truck out just to get a quick fix of that sweet temptress mud...ummm mud.  SkyHigh your building yours from the frame up right?  How’s the progress?

SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2005, 12:00:43 PM »

Trust me Ennie, it has been a LONG year. It's getting even longer now because the quad is a roller... so i can sit on it and pretend, lmao. Basically everything is together, I just have to save up the money to have my motor redone and get the last few odds and ends. I've got black race cut plastics also... here is a current photo.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
enniehall

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2005, 03:47:17 PM »

looking better all the time SkyHigh

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2005, 06:52:19 PM »

Well if save your money in long run it will be worth it.Thats what i'm doing.

So your not from my area in lake city.Well at least area you live in is good for
side jobs.We have alot farmer type jobs here in this area.I going have a goat farm soon later down road.

Well if your 15years old well try  look in newpapers for  any side jobs.If looking
for tree trim cutting job.All have do is just cut little branchs.Or ask   your dad if paids you to do yard or take out trash or clean up yard or do yard trash for clean up.

Well don't  do  No. No.  hurrcaine Katrina dontate money thing.And Alot that
crap is cracking down with fbi.I have heard it the other night on cnn with aaron brown.So if wanna donate money at church or any food store that will be my best bet.

I know alot people posting in here and I do agree  Thumbs Up with atvflorida members in here about don't setup your own hurricane katrina donating fund.And they are  right about it. Grin

thanks,
amhighlander  Cool
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 07:04:59 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2005, 10:55:16 PM »

We have plenty of lawyers ("For the people")  Devil and politicians to scam people out of hard earned money, no need for you to jump to the dark side, but I think you figured that out by now.  Smiley

Here's another idea, get yourself a set of numbered stencils and a can of spray paint and offer to paint people's house numbers on their curb on a black background.  Tell them that it makes it easier for the fire/rescue/police to respond to calls faster in finding their homes.  Most people will give you $5 or $10 to do it.  Just beware of some homeowner's associations in the ritzy neighborhoods, best to get permission first.  Good luck.

themensh

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2005, 08:01:02 PM »

How many people in your neighborhood?  How many have water meters?
  Go door to door with a hand trowel (or small scoop).  Tell each person you are raising money to help your hobby.  Offer to scoop dirt from each water meter box and tell them you will also check to to see if  there is in the box.
 .75 cents for a couple minutes is not bad..and most people (like me) remember what it was like to try and raise money as a youngster.
   Don't 'hide' behind disater relief to gouge money......not very honest at the least.
  Cleaning meter boxes, unlike mowing lawns, you need very little equipment and probably very little competition....a can of bug spray to
kill ants/roaches in the box might be the clincher to the deal.
  Hey....it's an idea    (I heard of a kid that had a dog 'poop scooping company')......the idea is to make money.

Chuck

trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2005, 09:09:51 PM »

I think the boy had a good idea its legal. You know that up to 50% of donation money never makes it to the sorce, they take there cut first sometimes its that high. You know those fire fighters that call asking for donations, there not fire fighters there telemarketers and they take up to 50% legally. I know this because my friend owns one of these businesses. I don't agree buts its legal. Thats why I only donate goods or money personally. He's to young though, maybe get a beer stand like on the man show.  Roll Eyes

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2005, 10:19:25 PM »

We have plenty of lawyers ("For the people")  Devil and politicians to scam people out of hard earned money, no need for you to jump to the dark side, but I think you figured that out by now.  Smiley

Here's another idea, get yourself a set of numbered stencils and a can of spray paint and offer to paint people's house numbers on their curb on a black background.  Tell them that it makes it easier for the fire/rescue/police to respond to calls faster in finding their homes.  Most people will give you $5 or $10 to do it.  Just beware of some homeowner's associations in the ritzy neighborhoods, best to get permission first.  Good luck.

haha way to carry over ideas from our very first "ATVFLORIDA MOVIE VIEWING" Tongue

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2005, 10:54:24 PM »

haha way to carry over ideas from our very first "ATVFLORIDA MOVIE VIEWING" Tongue

Sharp memory there Curtis  Bow

The hyrbid kid
Supreme Member

LIFE'S SHORT RIDE HARD.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2005, 11:01:53 PM »

u know idk you or your situation.
but.
i always hear about how awsome atp is mabe they could do a payment plan with u or somthing..
idk just a option.

07 CHEVY 2500HD DURMAX LMM 4X4..
06 TRX450R FULL WALSH  AND AXIS... SOON TO BE WHITE..
03 CRF450EX FULL HOUSER AND AXIS.. HYBRID BABY..
jwscroll
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2005, 05:08:46 AM »

It's hard to give someone credit when you know they don't have any income. You could ask ATP for some asistance but I wouldn't expect alot cause they gotta make money to live on and to feed their growing family. Get yourself an honest job that pays over the table(it's easier to get your money if your being payed over the table), seeing that your a little young you might have to work on the sly. Which means under the table(no taxes).
The kid was only following the example of a lot of "not for profit" groups. 40-80% of donations made go to the company soliciting the donation to pay for things like overhead, salaries, and maintain vehicles.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com