Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone please read!  (Read 22462 times)
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 08:28:38 PM »

I dont know about the WhiteHouse but maybe his ranch in Texas will do - yeeehaaaa Grin
Bigred

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2005, 08:47:39 PM »

Just signed up
Its_a_Jeep_thing

ITS A JEEP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2005, 06:27:20 PM »

I agree with eric... I would love to shred with old George W.

You might can out run me.. but I bet you cant out mud me!!
sk8r_dude
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2005, 12:59:04 PM »

Of course we all know you are just kidding, but it is exactly that kind of behavior that is our problem.

05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

http://www.beachinlineskates.com/
http://www.123skate.com/
http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/
http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2005, 08:46:08 PM »

Im in.SO is family Cheesy

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 04:54:55 AM »

So we all signed up. Now what. We just lost the squares and bad luck. whats left. Not much. Personally I think the dealers, riders , manufacturers should get organized and push for riding areas. We are a silent group. The bird watchers are more organized the the OHV riders. OHV riders can be a force to reckon with if they could organize and push for the same rights as the rest of the outdoor people.

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2005, 05:11:50 PM »

I agree

K5OSCAR

Pimpin Aint Easy...If It Was,We Would All Do It!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2005, 11:26:33 AM »

On the trailer was:
2005 red Honda 450r bent grab bar removed tail light stock
2004 red Honda trx 90 stock ridden a good bit but no broken plastics
1987 quad sport 230 beat up a bit with a new croom sticker
2005 blue Yamaha pw80 stock  
2001 raptor 660r raptor +8 swing arm with scat track haulers and a full pro circuit exhaust renthal bars and aftermarket levers and grab bar
2000 Honda cr250r red and white

all stolen on a home built trailer, Saab wheels  with extensions on the rear of the trailer to fit the raptor and a wood box up front

If you have any info please either call the police or let me know.

A better description of the trailer, the frame is 1X3 channel iron. The deck is extended metal. The trail itself is 21 feet long by 5' 6" in the back. There is a wooden tool box painted gray on the front. The right tail light is very hard to see because of the 6" extension for the raptor on it. It also has SAAB wheels, a 4" pipe along the back where the tail lights are. The tag number is out of Pinellas County 193eh, located on the left hand side of the trailer. If anyone sees or knows anything please help us by calling the Marion county police department.

Here is some information that might help. I have all the Vin Numbers for all the bikes

2005 Yamaha PW80-JYA3RV0355A048410
1986 Suzuki Quad Sport 230- JSAAJ43A8FZ113800
2001 Yamaha Raptor 660R 4-wheeler - JY4AM01381C024465
2004 Honda Sport Trac 90 - JH3TE18024K904163
2005 Honda TXR 450 R - 1HFTE300X5A105751
2000 CR 250 We do not have a vin as of yet.

SOMEONE CAME INTO THE CAMPGROUND AT 3 AM--SAW A GUY BY THE TRAILER AND BIKES--AT 3:20 SOMEONE GOT UP AND FOUND THE TRAILER AND BIKES GONE!  SOMEONE WAS IN A CANVAS CAMPER RIGHT BY THE TRAILER AND DIDN'T HEAR A THING.  BY THE WAY- THE TRUCK THAT WAS STOPPED WAS PROBABLY THE GUILTY PARTY.  TIRE TRACK MARKS MATCH THE TRACKS NEXT TO THE TRUCK.  THERE HAD TO BE AT LEAST 2 OR 3 GUYS. THAT WAS HEAVY WITH ALL BIKES.  THE TRUCK THAT WAS STOPPED WAS A LOCAL.

It was mid 80 square body FORD F-150 white with a primer bed.

I am posting this to all the forums I can so all can see this!
LonesomeTriZ

By what ever means necassary.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2005, 04:16:09 PM »

I just joined. Thanks for the information.

Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.
mud_monkey

i rather be in mud than school

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2005, 09:52:36 AM »

just got done sighning up will help in any way i can
qt314nfla

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2005, 05:34:48 PM »

Better late than never I guess.  I just signed up.
Raceme

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 10:02:48 AM »

Me to just signed up
MotoMike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2005, 06:35:19 PM »

Signed up!
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2005, 06:52:37 AM »

Just signed up!!!

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2005, 11:21:18 AM »

Im in
yesitsfast

aka.. HERO

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2005, 08:24:29 AM »

just did my part. hope everyone else will do the same
dirty2

a little crazy!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2005, 08:28:31 AM »

I did it I'm a member now [smiley=Approve.gif]
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2005, 03:53:12 PM »

Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee Meeting:
April the 26th from 1 pm to 7 pm
International Game Fish Association Hall of Fame and Museum
300 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004

For more information, contact: Chris Reed at 352/ 544-5136, email reedj1@doacs.state.fl.us.

I emailed Chris Reed and here's his replay;

Robert,

The OHV Advisory Committee Meetings are open to the public and we invite your comment.  The status of potential areas being sought to provide OHV recreation will be discussed.  At this time I do not have a finalized agenda, but as always there will be a time on the agenda for public comment.  I understand folks have to work, so I plan to schedule the public comment portion of this meeting from 5:30 to 6:45.

Chris Reed, OHV Coordinator

FDACS – Division of Forestry

So, those of you in SFL should attend the comment portion of this meeting two weeks from tomorrow. See ya there!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
ROC0999

My God is an awesome God

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2005, 12:40:50 PM »

Just signed up the whole family !!!

Psalms 24:1 the Earth is the Lords and everything in it;

2006 Raptor700r SE white/silver (mine) Moose bars,Razors,HMF-EFI,DMC duals, Razor's,k&n intake
1998 YZ250 Pro Circut pipe (son's)
www.tci.org
http://wayf.wayfm.com/
www.quadsforchrist.org
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2005, 05:24:43 PM »

OH, I am SOOO jazzed! I just joined the board and what do I find? A thread talking about the exact thing I joined to talk about! Now, before anyone gets mad at me, I want to clarify something; I don't own an ATV. I joined because we all, all of us who use the parks and forests, need to band together.

A parade from Miami to Tallahassee of just ATVs is a good idea; a parade of ATVs, Jeeps, Mud Trucks, RVs, etc. en masse is a better one!  [smiley=EvilSmile.gif] THAT would get state wide media attention.

There is a site being put together (note, not operational yet) called F-R-A-N, Florida Recreational Action Network. The site will be a clearing house of environmental information for all state parks and forest users. There will be information on bills that will affect the parks and forests; there will be information on what environmental groups are doing to push for closings, etc. If you want to check it out, the link is: http://www.F-R-A-N.org Please note, the site is still being constructed and not operational yet.

I am working on getting information on the Future of Florida's Forests. This is a 25-year-plan that will affect the future of our forests and their usages. So far, no user groups are involved on the panel, but there are three "greenie groups" involved that have actively worked to close areas to public use.

I live in the ONF, I hear how USFS is thinking of closing a lot of land for ATVs there as well, making all ATVs use a circuit of 2,000 acres (or miles, I don't remember which) of trails, banning ya'll from any trails except those allocated to you. This is wrong. Everyone of you pay taxes and have as much right to ride our trails as I do.

If you are interested in working here in our state to get closed places opened back up, or to keep potential places from closing, feel free to pm me. We can turn the closings around, we can protect the trails we all have right now.

Okay, well, that is about it for now. I look forward to getting folks together and standing for our rights! Fighting back to keep our trails and our woods open for us!

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
FRAN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2005, 06:38:01 PM »

This is bigger than we really think. It forces people to ride in areas that are already restricted or private lands. Eventually there will be additional closures because of the additional riders to these areas. We are almost out of riding realestate in S. Fla.  What can we do other than sign up? Ride our quads to Tallahasee and park them in front of the capital building? What the hell.  

In response to the question what can we do other than. . ?

Joining ARRA is good. However joining an organization that represents your particular user group within the State of Florida would be even BETTER. National level organizations wont ride in on a white horse and "save the day" unless there is a rec user organization that's doing the leg work.

I've been working with a handful of people in the state and with a number of rec user groups orgs in an effort to get better organized in so much as being a clearing house or a com link from one group to another so that when there's a issue or online advocacy campaign concerning public acccess, or public "water" access each of the other groups can weigh in on an issue in a show of solidarity and support. Much like the anti-recreationlialist and animal extremeists are doing with online networks.

For example, recently rec boaters and fishermen came to the aid of Airboaters in Citrus county when there was a proposed noise ordinance being proposed that would have greatly limited public access. Together and through a combined effort from four state rec user organizations they were successful in preserving public access. Those organizations were Standing Watch, Florida Guides Association, Save Our Sandbar, and the Florida Airboat Association.

I use this as an example for what can be accomplished if we all pull together with the common goal being protecting "public access".

Sooooooo if you have a chance, please check out the Florida Recreation Action Network (FRAN)
Web: http://www.f-r-a-n.org

and if you know of, or belong to an organization in Florida that represents your user group, please have them get in touch. E-mail: info@f-r-a-n.org

Stand together or hang divided.
HondaBeaterSFL

I shoulda packed a lunch or two.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2005, 09:57:39 PM »

cool good idea

Truck
ATV
Fishing pole
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2005, 10:42:44 AM »

I have started a blog on environmental issues here in our state. The link is: http://politicalgalgab.blogspot.com/ I have links to environmental groups to watch, and issues the public needs to be aware of an involved in.

Please feel free to add comments, links or anything else that will help others get motivated to be involved!

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2005, 09:15:15 PM »

I encourage each of you to look at this bill real close.

I understand the advisory committee that is being established in this bill now has an OHV-person seat on the committee. It was changed from a motorized-person seat to OHV. Good and bad; what about Jeeps/airboats/swampbuggies?
There is a horse-person seat.

Also, the bill has "health" mentioned a bunch of time.  What is a "healthy recreation"? What is an "un-healthy recreation'?  This bill should not be supported or passed until these terms are defined in user activities names.  It must be an important issue because the horse people now have "horse riding" as a listed activity. Along with hiking and biking.

The Greenways and Trail bill also states "nature base recreation" a bunch of times. Well, what is "nature base Recreation"?  They list hiking, biking and horse back riding. Is not OHV riding and hunting "nature base recreation"?  We can do neither if we do not have a natural area to do these activities in. We cannot ride OHVs or hunt in a new town area that once was woods or swamps.

The Greenways and trails bill also states that OHV trails will be drastically reduced.  Read the handwriting on the wall.

On HB331:  The bill states that State Agencies can post inland waters and canals. This means that any State Agency can do so or any local agency can do so.  Thus a Water Management District can post their canals to get motorized boaters 50 feet from the bank. It can also be used to keep PWC's 50 ft from the bank and make more space for canoe and kayak people.  DEP can post any of these water ways and to only allow for canoe people to use these areas.

My blog has some new information as well:
http://politicalgalgab.blogspot.com/

In His Hands,
Lisa
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com