Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: '03 F-150 SVT Lightning  (Read 5845 times)
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2005, 12:59:13 PM »

I light to do something to my dad's truck.  I want to get some more horse out of the engine.  I got a lil over 385hp++ but I wanted to get SuperChips but do they really work?  Im thinking of putin' a tight belt around the Supercharger so I can get about 2lbs. more boost.

MxRacingChick21

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 01:12:27 PM »

I have an 02 lightning. I've never heard of puting a tighter belt around the supercharger but I would recomend getting a power programer, better pulley, headers, etc. You can do tons of stuff to these trucks. You can go to www.ftwtrucks.com for more ideas. They have a lightning section and there are tons of guys on there that really know the lightnings motor in and out.

02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400
Jford

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 03:01:44 PM »

I have never heard of getting more horsepower out of a tighter belt. Change the pulley, you can get about 10-15 horsepower from that. Exhaust will free up about 15-25 horsepower. As far as the super chips, everbody I know who has put a superchip in either a mustang or a Lightning, has had nothing but problems. Go spend the money on the "Diablo" programmer. It's worth every penny. We used it on an 03 cobra. With just that,H-pipe,Pulley,and cold air intake kit, we got 467 horsepower dynoed at the rear tires.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 04:35:25 PM »

I have an 02 lightning. I've never heard of puting a tighter belt around the supercharger but I would recomend getting a power programer, better pulley, headers, etc. You can do tons of stuff to these trucks. You can go to www.ftwtrucks.com for more ideas. They have a lightning section and there are tons of guys on there that really know the lightnings motor in and out.
\

This is the way to go. different blower pulley and and programer.
butang

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 06:51:01 PM »

Exhaust won't gain you anything until you're more heavily modified. Go with an intake system,(air box/filter), 4 or 6# lower pulley and a tune. This will be the best bang for your buck. www.nloc.net has a ton of info too.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 07:10:17 PM »

THERE IS NO WAY YOU ARE PUTTING DOWN 385 TO THE WHEELS WITH ONLY A INTAKE!!!!!!! KID!!! LEARN THAT ITS NOT POSSIBLE!!!

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 07:14:01 PM »

Ok, tighter belt wont do anything, you are talking about replacing the pulleys. Therefore, you would need a BIGGER belt. I suggest a 4lb cheapo for around 100bucks. Get your chip flashed, gain 40hp, plus the pulley adding maybe another 10 to the wheels.

Trust me, you are NOT putting down 385 or heck even close to 370 to the wheels with only a intake. MAYBE 340-345 if you are lucky.

Exhaust, you might gain 10-15hp, but dont expect it to be all RWHP.

Remeber, its what you put to the ground, not where its coming from.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 12:38:08 PM »

You should get some headers man.  It will give you at least 5-10 HP.

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 08:01:57 PM »

drain the gas out of it and fill the tank full of diesel. Of course you will also have to remove the truck from the tank and install an F350 onto your tank. This little mod will get you 560lbs.ft. torque stock and over 700 with some simple mods.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 12:03:45 PM »

drain the gas out of it and fill the tank full of diesel. Of course you will also have to remove the truck from the tank and install an F350 onto your tank. This little mod will get you 560lbs.ft. torque stock and over 700 with some simple mods.
AMEN brotha....

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 12:06:18 PM »

AMEN brotha....
After that put a rag in the tank, light it, then go out and buy a real truck like a Chevy with the Duramax

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 12:56:57 PM »

If they made Chevys with Dana 60s in the front I would probably have one.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 01:17:36 PM »

Then I could not let a brother be seen like that so I would come to your house hook up to it and drag it to the Ford dealership so you could buy yourself a real truck.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 01:17:58 PM »

AMEN brotha....
After that put a rag in the tank, light it, then go out and buy a real truck like a Chevy with the Duramax

We can go on and on

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 10:34:14 PM »

LOL it would last forever.

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 10:41:33 PM »

Chevys do not need the dana 60 front,... you can go in 2 wheel drive any place that brick powerstroke will go in 4. only kidding Grin
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 04:40:29 PM »

How about you put nerf bars, just kidding

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 10:56:03 PM »

out of curiosity, why are you looking to mod it even more?  if it's an SVT, I hate to see what an inexperienced driver can do with that to begin with.

for your own safety kid, just keep it the way it is,,,,then maybe a year down the road start messing with it.

people ask me all the time if I'm gonna make a lightning out of my truck because it looks like one,,,,heck no, my truck is way more unique than a lightning already ;-)

now, the power of the 5.4L without being supercharged has never gotten away from me in that truck, but just be careful dude.

by the way, I have the superchips programmer and I use it for towing and performance occasionally and I can attest to the fact they they do work,,,,especially on the drag strip.  I gained about a second on the drag strip just by reprogramming at the strip one night.

and no, I'm not gonna post times,,,,,I don't want people to know how slow my truck is ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com