Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can see the future......  (Read 4314 times)
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2005, 10:08:51 PM »

The mayor of New Orleans wants to let over 180,000 back into the decimated city. He stated that he thought it would provide "closure" for those effected by the hurricane. This even though the city is not yet inhabitable due to the disease, sewage, and contamination issue still prevelant there. This is another example of how people now see it more important to do what quiets anyone screaming loud enough than to do what is right. political correctness at work. And as soon as the mayor lets these people back in and they begin dying from disease, exposure to such conditions, or once again turn to looting, raping, and killng, the media and ultra liberals will surely once again point a finger at Bush.  Where is the emoticon for a shaking head with obvious look of disgust when you need one ?

floridaatv.com come join the fun
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 10:15:37 PM »

The mayor of New Orleans wants to let over 180,000 back into the decimated city. He stated that he thought it would provide "closure" for those effected by the hurricane. This even though the city is not yet inhabitable due to the disease, sewage, and contamination issue still prevelant there. This is another example of how people now see it more important to do what quiets anyone screaming loud enough than to do what is right. political correctness at work. And as soon as the mayor lets these people back in and they begin dying from disease, exposure to such conditions, or once again turn to looting, raping, and killng, the media and ultra liberals will surely once again point a finger at Bush.  Where is the emoticon for a shaking head with obvious look of disgust when you need one ?
I prefer one of these for this situation  Bang Head  Wacko  Bonk

Njoutlaw88

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 10:23:16 PM »

they shouldnt rebuild that city. Its just going to happen again. I would like to see them turn it into a riding town.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 09:14:09 AM »

Politics, sometimes you just got to wonder some times ?

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 09:20:12 AM »

I thought this was great!!!

Welcome to the land of the free. Free to come and go as you please. Free to board up windows, free to ignore weather warnings, free to stand on the side of the road out of town with your thumb out begging for a ride, free to take your gasless car to a gas station and beg for gas, free to wait for someone else to come save your ass, free to sit on that ass and pray to god for help. What ever happened to "[insert your favorite deity here] helps those who help themselves."

Here again, in times of strife, the question on everyone’s mind becomes: “Who is to blame?” Well I know the answer…. I blame NOAA for not calling you personally to tell you a HUGE hurricane is coming to your house and to leave the area. I blame the Red Cross for not setting up a five star resort outside the predicted hurricane path 3 days before it hit and for not shuttling you there on a charter bus. I blame the mayor for not sending a limo to pick up your poor ass to get you out of town. I blame your mother for not smacking you upside the head more often as a child to knock more sense into you, and you for not smacking your stubborn mother when she said she wanted to stay. I believe it’s President [insert whomever you like here: Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Lincoln, Washington… whatever.]’s fault for making you live below sea level in a geographic region prone to hurricanes. It’s his fault you are poor, have 5 kids and no spouse, car, gas, food, water, scuba gear or gold chains around your neck. It’s his fault your welfare check can’t afford you an Escalade (or in this case a Zodiac with a 15HP Johnson outboard to get your soaking wet ass off your tin roof). [At least the numbskulls in the tornado belt have the common sense to build tornado proof basements to hide in. Oh wait… trailer parks… never mind.]

The people of this nation are becoming weaker and weaker- always looking for someone else to blame for their own predicament. It is always someone else’s fault. I’m tired of people using socio-economic or “poor” as an excuse. “I can’t feed my family ‘cause I’m poor. I can’t get a job ‘cause I’m poor. I can’t get an education ‘cause I’m poor. I can’t [whatever] ‘cause I’m poor.” I grew up poor and busted my @$$ to not be poor. This country gave me the freedom to do just that. I know that 99% of poor people are poor because they are just plain lazy. “Poor” is a choice, not an excuse.

What has happened to this area and the people in it is a tragedy. We as a country should do what is reasonable to help them. But before you go placing blame and pointing fingers at anyone else, point the finger at yourself (especially those of you waist deep in water) and ask yourself if you personally did everything you could to prevent it.

And before certain people go off on their "what about the handicapped" I have talked to some handicapped people and they all say the same thing, "This thiing has wheels and I will get further than you will just walking." Yes I know there are some cases few and far inbetween of an extreme handicap that they can't help and couldn't get out, but this isnt about them.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 09:24:03 AM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 10:49:54 AM »

I thought this was great!!!

Welcome to the land of the free. Free to come and go as you please. Free to board up windows, free to ignore weather warnings, free to stand on the side of the road out of town with your thumb out begging for a ride, free to take your gasless car to a gas station and beg for gas, free to wait for someone else to come save your ass, free to sit on that ass and pray to god for help. What ever happened to "[insert your favorite deity here] helps those who help themselves."

Here again, in times of strife, the question on everyone’s mind becomes: “Who is to blame?” Well I know the answer…. I blame NOAA for not calling you personally to tell you a HUGE hurricane is coming to your house and to leave the area. I blame the Red Cross for not setting up a five star resort outside the predicted hurricane path 3 days before it hit and for not shuttling you there on a charter bus. I blame the mayor for not sending a limo to pick up your poor ass to get you out of town. I blame your mother for not smacking you upside the head more often as a child to knock more sense into you, and you for not smacking your stubborn mother when she said she wanted to stay. I believe it’s President [insert whomever you like here: Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Lincoln, Washington… whatever.]’s fault for making you live below sea level in a geographic region prone to hurricanes. It’s his fault you are poor, have 5 kids and no spouse, car, gas, food, water, scuba gear or gold chains around your neck. It’s his fault your welfare check can’t afford you an Escalade (or in this case a Zodiac with a 15HP Johnson outboard to get your soaking wet ass off your tin roof). [At least the numbskulls in the tornado belt have the common sense to build tornado proof basements to hide in. Oh wait… trailer parks… never mind.]

The people of this nation are becoming weaker and weaker- always looking for someone else to blame for their own predicament. It is always someone else’s fault. I’m tired of people using socio-economic or “poor” as an excuse. “I can’t feed my family ‘cause I’m poor. I can’t get a job ‘cause I’m poor. I can’t get an education ‘cause I’m poor. I can’t [whatever] ‘cause I’m poor.” I grew up poor and busted my @$$ to not be poor. This country gave me the freedom to do just that. I know that 99% of poor people are poor because they are just plain lazy. “Poor” is a choice, not an excuse.

What has happened to this area and the people in it is a tragedy. We as a country should do what is reasonable to help them. But before you go placing blame and pointing fingers at anyone else, point the finger at yourself (especially those of you waist deep in water) and ask yourself if you personally did everything you could to prevent it.

And before certain people go off on their "what about the handicapped" I have talked to some handicapped people and they all say the same thing, "This thiing has wheels and I will get further than you will just walking." Yes I know there are some cases few and far inbetween of an extreme handicap that they can't help and couldn't get out, but this isnt about them.

Now that's the truth! But it's not politically correct and ultra liberal and pointing the blame finger at a white male republican, so be prepared for an attack by someone on the site.

Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 11:21:43 AM »

Hey want to hear something that will really piss you off?

In Houston it appears that some of our evacueies(sp?) have been using their FEMA cards at local strip clubs. This was on the Houston news. lol. 2K dollars can get you alot in a strip club.  Cheesy  Best spent government money EVER! LOL.  Cheesy

-Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 12:29:17 PM »

Just shows the mentality of many of those that lived in N.O that were already milking the system. They didn't leave because they expected the Gov to take care of everything. They ignored the warnings. Then they loot, rob, rape, and kill each other. Then fire at cops and rescue workers. Then scream the gov. didn't do enough to prevent probs and help them. Cry racism, discrimination based on financial net worth. Then further abuse the system by squandering the funds meant to help them in times of nees. I'm guessing they'll expect the Gov. to refill the cards so they can continue spending now. For the people that have behaved in these ways, they should be cut off from any help. If they want to lay around and wither away I say let them. The US would be much better off without so many lazy, worthless, system milking morons anyway. Not that I have a strong opinion about it or anything  Wink

Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 12:53:01 PM »

Just shows the mentality of many of those that lived in N.O that were already milking the system. They didn't leave because they expected the Gov to take care of everything. They ignored the warnings. Then they loot, rob, rape, and kill each other. Then fire at cops and rescue workers. Then scream the gov. didn't do enough to prevent probs and help them. Cry racism, discrimination based on financial net worth. Then further abuse the system by squandering the funds meant to help them in times of nees. I'm guessing they'll expect the Gov. to refill the cards so they can continue spending now. For the people that have behaved in these ways, they should be cut off from any help. If they want to lay around and wither away I say let them. The US would be much better off without so many lazy, worthless, system milking morons anyway. Not that I have a strong opinion about it or anything  Wink
I  cant  beleive  I  would  ever  agree  with  a  4-poke  rider [jk!]  but  Im  with  ya  on  this  Cain !!! Wink Brows

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 12:56:34 PM »

Preach on brother. Bow  Clapper  King

Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 01:08:17 PM »

I don't know I think it's a toss up:

Food vs. Boobies  Undecided  I plea the 5th.  Wink Grin  -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 01:48:25 PM »

2% of the people are/were the looters, robbers, rapist and killers.  TWO Percent. Think about it. The way people talk/write about it, you would think that all people from New Orleans are looters, robbers, rapist and killers.

Listen, there's corruption everywhere. From the rich to poor we pick up the tab, from the wealthy person's tax breaks to welfare for the poor. That's the way it is and probably will be for many years. God forbid these people actually get a little money to spend on themselves and I'm not talking about the lazy ones, but the ones who have children, could be single parents, working 3 jobs for minimum wage and trying to do the best they can for themselves and their children. A lot of these people now have nothing, absolutely nothing. That to me is nearly impossible to fathom. Why can't we focus on the success stories like abandoned children being reunited with their parents and let the city, state or government deal with the looters, robbers, rapist and killers. The other 98% need our support.

My $.02

gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 01:56:06 PM »

The other 98% need our support.

My $.02

i agree with you on most of your opinions trx, but heres an idea.
instead of them depending on our support, why dont they jump on the opprtunity of  1,000's of local jobs that will be created to rebuild the community. or maybe they will sit on their porches and watch.(oh wait they cant do that anymore there's no more porches. well i guess thats why alot of them aint going back.)

imagine that, working for money-what a concept

ps- i  do sympasize with the less fortunate, but i dont with the plain ole lazy people always whining for help.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 02:25:48 PM by gery350 » Logged

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 02:20:02 PM »

My $.02

instead of them depending on our support, why dont they jump on the opprtunity of 1,000's of local jobs that will be created to rebuild the community. or maybe they will sit on their porches and watch.(oh wait they cant do that anymore there's no more porches. well i guess thats why alot of htem aint going back.)

ps- i do sympasize with the less fortunate, but i dont with the plain ole lazy people always whining for help.

That's where my post was aimed. Not just at looters etc, or the ones that are simply unfortunate victims, but the losers that sit on their rears and let us pay for their welfare and food stamps while they do nothing to try to improve their situation. The money on those cards was to help them get through a terrible time, not for them to buy $800 purses or go to strip clubs. If it were something helpful or something to aid a child in dealing with this tragedy no one would say a word, but guys hitting the strip club is way out of consideration. Especially when they are probably the ones that sit on their rears taking from the Gov instead of working. I doubt it was the good citizens using the money on those cards in that inappropriate way. If you want such "luxuries" or experiences you should have to be off public assistance and paying for it yourself. the few working those 3 jobs wouldn't be going to strip clubs instead of acring for their kids. Yes focus on the success stroies, but know that their are such terrible things going on in society that need to be dealt with. There are human leaches existing in society that count on us to work hard to pay taxes to support them. They need to be dealt with.

TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 02:54:07 PM »

My $.02

instead of them depending on our support, why dont they jump on the opprtunity of  1,000's of local jobs that will be created to rebuild the community. or maybe they will sit on their porches and watch.(oh wait they cant do that anymore there's no more porches. well i guess thats why alot of them aint going back.)

imagine that, working for money-what a concept

ps- i  do sympasize with the less fortunate, but i dont with the plain ole lazy people always whining for help.

I do understand what you are saying and that's why I said: I'm not talking about the lazy ones
and should of included the whining bunch as well.

TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 03:00:20 PM »

My $.02

instead of them depending on our support, why dont they jump on the opprtunity of 1,000's of local jobs that will be created to rebuild the community. or maybe they will sit on their porches and watch.(oh wait they cant do that anymore there's no more porches. well i guess thats why alot of htem aint going back.)

ps- i do sympasize with the less fortunate, but i dont with the plain ole lazy people always whining for help.

That's where my post was aimed. Not just at looters etc, or the ones that are simply unfortunate victims, but the losers that sit on their rears and let us pay for their welfare and food stamps while they do nothing to try to improve their situation. The money on those cards was to help them get through a terrible time, not for them to buy $800 purses or go to strip clubs. If it were something helpful or something to aid a child in dealing with this tragedy no one would say a word, but guys hitting the strip club is way out of consideration. Especially when they are probably the ones that sit on their rears taking from the Gov instead of working. I doubt it was the good citizens using the money on those cards in that inappropriate way. If you want such "luxuries" or experiences you should have to be off public assistance and paying for it yourself. the few working those 3 jobs wouldn't be going to strip clubs instead of acring for their kids. Yes focus on the success stroies, but know that their are such terrible things going on in society that need to be dealt with. There are human leaches existing in society that count on us to work hard to pay taxes to support them. They need to be dealt with.

Cool. Maybe I overreacted.

I found new evidence of how far up the line the corruption goes Smiley

[attachment deleted by admin]

ronny86250r

keeping up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 03:36:38 PM »

that last one was funny but what in the heck do those girls need with those shoes? trade them for a boat?
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 04:48:38 PM »

speaking of corruption.... Clinton was in the back auctioning things off for sexual favors to the fact ugly girls...... and so was Hillary  Shocked

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 05:14:23 PM »

From CNN 5:13pm:  New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin suspends return of evacuees to the city, citing the threat from strengthening Tropical Storm Rita.

They go in, they go out.  The blind leading the blind.  Evil

TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 06:08:15 PM »

speaking of corruption.... Clinton was in the back auctioning things off for sexual favors to the fact ugly girls...... and so was Hillary  Shocked

Just had to come back with a Clinton joke, didn't you  Laugh

cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 09:04:19 PM »

From CNN 5:13pm: New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin suspends return of evacuees to the city, citing the threat from strengthening Tropical Storm Rita.

They go in, they go out. The blind leading the blind. Evil

No there eyesight is fine it's more like:
 The elected idiot leading the voting idiots  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com