Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STATE OF FLORIDA OFF ROAD OR ATV LICENSE PLATES  (Read 4500 times)
FOREMANRON

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2005, 12:47:20 PM »

YOU KNOW THE STATE HAS SPECIAL LICENSE PLATES FOR EVEYHTING FROM MILITARY TO COLLEGES ETC WITH A PERCENTAGE OF THE MONEY GOING TO THAT GROUP. WONDER WHAT OR WHO YOU COULD CONTACT ABOUT A OFF ROAD/ATV LICENSE PLATE WITH A PERCENTAGE OF THE MONEY GOING FOR PLACES TO RIDE AND IMPROVE THE PLACES ALREADY OUT THERE.

2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 12:59:23 PM »

Thats an excellent idea. I really hope they go through with it. Is there anyone good with photoshop that would like to make a mock up that we can send to jeb?
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 01:47:19 PM »

It's a great idea. Maybe a petition is in order? We can try, but I don't know. They seem to strictly regulate where we can ride, I doubt they would want to promote it. It would mean more people demanding more places to ride in the future.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
ish

It ain't fast without mixed gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 02:14:33 PM »

Wait a moment, a percantage of the title money we pay for our bikes is already going to get more riding areas, and what we are getting is areas that are restricting our riding more and more everyday. Not to say the ones that we have lost entireley. i don't want to give another dollar until i see 2 or 3 new ATV freindly parks open in south florida(from orlando down to the 18 mile stretch).

It's the same scam as the lotto. oh this money is going to go to education, yet the school system sucks, the teachers get paid crap. its all just a big scam.

Njoutlaw88

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 02:24:07 PM »

Wait a moment, a percantage of the title money we pay for our bikes is already going to get more riding areas, and what we are getting is areas that are restricting our riding more and more everyday. Not to say the ones that we have lost entireley. i don't want to give another dollar until i see 2 or 3 new ATV freindly parks open in south florida(from orlando down to the 18 mile stretch).

It's the same scam as the lotto. oh this money is going to go to education, yet the school system sucks, the teachers get paid crap. its all just a big scam.

This is true. The man limits us from riding. who needs school? Grin anyway thats most of the reason why I stopped going to croom because I dont mind paying 50 bucks I just think it should go to maintain and building new trails.
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 02:41:22 PM »

Ok hold on..........Every semester I get $1000 from the lottery scholarship to pay for my COLLEGE education. If I didn't get it, I wouldn't be able to pay for school. So, you are wrong about the lottery.

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
ish

It ain't fast without mixed gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 03:13:16 PM »

thats great for you but i am talking about the money thats supposed to go to the school system. were is that at. why are the teachers not being paid enough. we have to hire teachers that can't even speak english without an accent and then we wonder why our kids aren't learning anything. i for one know this fro a fact. i had to take my daughter out of public school because they were going to fail her because she couldn't comprehend the teacher, hell i coul;dn't understand the teacher when she spoke to me. now i have to pay tuition for private school(which by the way i don't mind paying because atleast there the teachers want to make a difference) which by the way my daughter has gotten all A's in the subject she was failing in public school.

MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 03:23:49 PM »

Ok anywhere you go there is going to be poor english speakers. The lottery does give money to schools and the schools pour most of it into technology. Right before I left high school, my school got all new computers from the lottery money. I don't think that your daughters old teacher was hired because the lottery isn't giving enough money to schools. It is because there is a major shortage of teachers.

Instead of picking on the lottery maybe you should consider the problems with the F-CAT. The school system is soo concerned with having eveyone do good on the test that the school cirruculum is based on the FCAT now. You know why? Because if they do good, they get money. Now does that make sense? Giving money to the schools who do good rather than giving it to the other schools who aren't doing so well so that they can improve on their technology and resources. The schools who aren't doing well on the tests and school inspections are the ones that don't receive good funding and are still sharing class books between students.

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 05:03:17 PM »

thats great for you but i am talking about the money thats supposed to go to the school system. were is that at. why are the teachers not being paid enough. we have to hire teachers that can't even speak english without an accent and then we wonder why our kids aren't learning anything. i for one know this fro a fact. i had to take my daughter out of public school because they were going to fail her because she couldn't comprehend the teacher, hell i coul;dn't understand the teacher when she spoke to me. now i have to pay tuition for private school(which by the way i don't mind paying because atleast there the teachers want to make a difference) which by the way my daughter has gotten all A's in the subject she was failing in public school.

That's because it's  "No Child Left Behind", not "No Teacher Left Behind"  Shocked

You did the right thing for your daughter by the sounds of it.  Smiley

dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 08:47:54 PM »

We have gotten a little off track here!,
 On the "topic" again, I don`t know if I would be in favor of that or not!?!, In Michigan we had a ORV ( off road vehicle) sticker that you have to purchase. Which the price continually went up, & up, But then there were not anymore places to ride! I believe the stickers are around 65.00 per year now. I dont think that I would want to keep spending more money until there is proof of more area`s to ride.
                       Just my opinion though!

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 09:42:48 PM »

I have already made a post like this in the past. I even went as far as to get the paper work to start one. You need $60,000 to get it started amoung other things.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 08:18:41 AM »

by the way, I'd love to have an ATV license plate.

AND about the lottery money,,,yes, a large portion of the lottery money goes to public education in this state, but what happened when the lottery was formed is that in the language of the law that created it is stuck a little clause that basically states that other regular funding for the education system was cut in the approximate amount that the lottery was going to provide.

I know this because my grandfather was a school board member in Orange county at the time this all happened.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 06:23:21 PM »

It would be great to have an ATV tag.  We did talk about this earlier this year and it would take thousands of people to get together for the money and the signatures required.  To be honest, I would rather we spend that kind of money on riding places.  In mean time, I might have to make my own tag.  Window stickers are cheap too.  Try here:

http://www.crashers.com/

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 08:14:34 PM »

That will be  cool to have atv tags in near future.That could help out alot farmers  to ride their atvs more on country dirt roads in near future. Grin Thumbs Up

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2005, 10:53:25 PM »

I for one would love to see a fourwheeler on a plate, but I will not put a plate on my fourwheeler until I can ride it on the road.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 12:07:36 AM »

I have a plate on mine already it has #17 on it !  Wink Smiley

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 08:03:13 AM »

That's the worst idea ever!

You already pay a title fee.  And instead of more rights for ATVers and more legal riding areas, we're getting more and more restrictions.

Why is it that Americans want to get government involved in everything they do?

LESS GOVERNMENT = MORE FREEDOM

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
MrsPureLogic

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2005, 09:19:55 AM »

AND about the lottery money,,,yes, a large portion of the lottery money goes to public education in this state, but what happened when the lottery was formed is that in the language of the law that created it is stuck a little clause that basically states that other regular funding for the education system was cut in the approximate amount that the lottery was going to provide.

I know this is off the subject....but I just want to comment on this....

Yep!  Id you're exactly right.  As an employee of the school board, let me just say.....our system sucks down here!  The FCAT idea was created to "inspire" schools to "try" harder to get better scores on their FCATS.  That idea in itself has not only put more stress on these underpaid teachers....but in essence has put a HUGE strain on these kids! 

So yeah, lottery money may be helping some people....but don't speak for everybody.  Find someone who's a teacher in one of these "low FCAT scoring classes" and she if she/he really gives a $hit about the lottery money!!
tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2005, 10:14:37 AM »

Huh the FCAT is a sham... schools only teach how to take test  for the scores, that isn't how it was intended.  Hopefuly the kids will LEARN the INFORMATION from the classes and be able to take the test 
School's are getting it bassackwards and the teacher's are stuck in the middle just trying to hang on

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 08:02:45 AM »

by the way, I'd love to have an ATV license plate.

I know this because my grandfather was a school board member in Orange county at the time this all happened.

Id@
You are exactly right the State removes from the budget what they take in in Lottery monies so there is no actual benefit from lottery monies for education.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com