Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's not funny! Are you laughing?  (Read 2732 times)
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2005, 05:59:33 PM »

A friend emailed this and I thought it good enough to share!

In light of the many perversions and jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke, it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding the attacks on Sept. 11).

Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives.

And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?"   

In light of recent events...terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK.

Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school . the Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.   

Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.   

Are you laughing?

Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they WILL think of you for sending it. Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in!!

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 06:11:13 PM »

that is soooo true!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 06:52:30 PM »

That's the absolute truth.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 07:39:06 PM »

wow, thats deep.

05 kx 250f
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 07:46:55 PM »

wow, thats deep.

BUT TRUE!  Lecture

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 07:58:12 PM »

Thats what i meant. Smiley

05 kx 250f
caospop
Supreme Member

BOOMSHAKAALAAAKAAA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 03:21:30 AM »

AMEN

2007 Polaris Sportsman
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 07:51:52 AM »

amen brudda.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 11:05:25 AM »

And then on the flip side-from her sister's recent behavior-Anne's sister may need a little more God and keep all firearms/weapons away in the mean time:

Rev. Billy Graham's Daughter Facing Domestic Violence Charges

POSTED: 4:33 pm EDT July 7, 2005
UPDATED: 6:17 pm EDT July 7, 2005

NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. -- The Reverend Billy Graham's daughter faces domestic violence charges after police say she tried to choke her husband in a New Smyrna Beach parking lot. It all happened along a stretch of State Road 44.
According to police, Graham and her husband were having an argument. They pulled off the side of the road and that's when things got physical.

According to the police report, Victoria Graham's husband, Chad Foreman, got out of the car and started to walk away. But witnesses said the evangelist's daughter would not let him get away. At least four people said they saw Graham grab her husband by the throat and begin to choke him.
Graham's husband was able to break free from the chokehold. Witnesses say he then ran across a K-Mart parking lot and tried to hide behind a furniture truck. According to the police report, Graham pursued her husband into the parking lot with her car.
Police arrived on the scene and arrested Graham for domestic battery.
Graham has followed in her famous father's footsteps as a speaker and author. Channel 9 tried to contact her at her DeLeon Springs home, but neither her nor her husband were at home.
The Billy Graham Evangelical Association did release the following statement: "They regret the recent report of an alleged altercation involving Victoria ... Unfortunately at this time we do not have details which would enable us to comment further."
Graham was released on her own recognizance from the Volusia County jail. Her husband stated to police that he does not intend to press charges.
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

Finally, a place to meet other riders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 07:07:15 AM »

I cant speak for anyone else and I wont, but I never wonder about my son.  I dont need or count on the media, internet or any school to teach my son about God.  I certainly dont need any organizations like Billy Grahams to teach my son anything.  WE DO IT AT HOME   When my tax bracket is higher than his I might consider it.  Religion is his business just like Benny Hin, what matters is the bottom line and they are not starven.  They live far more comfortable than anyone on this site, guarenteed.

And yes your are right, people always ask, Why does God allow these things to happen?  Read your Bibles, he has given man free will, its not his decision, ITS OURS! 

I was taught by preist and nuns my whole life, I was in Cathlolic schools my whole life, and the clearist thing I realized was that ORGANIZED RELIGION IS A GREAT BUSINESS.  My education was no better than anyone elses and I read the Bible everyday for 10 years.  18 years later my son is in a Christian school and nothing has changed, BUSINESS FIRST, GOD SECOND. PERIOD!

If you teach your children at home you never have to count on anyone else, the problem is America is out chasing the almighty dollar and has no time for the children.  Both parents are working to make sure that mom has that nice new suv and dad has the new boat, and yet there is nothing wrong with that, as long as you never forget whats important, OUR CHILDREN! It just so happens the majority forget and the kids do all those terrible things just to get attention from their parents.  Sad but true.

TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 10:53:28 AM »

I cant speak for anyone else and I wont, but I never wonder about my son.  I dont need or count on the media, internet or any school to teach my son about God.  I certainly dont need any organizations like Billy Grahams to teach my son anything.  WE DO IT AT HOME   When my tax bracket is higher than his I might consider it.  Religion is his business just like Benny Hin, what matters is the bottom line and they are not starven.  They live far more comfortable than anyone on this site, guarenteed.

And yes your are right, people always ask, Why does God allow these things to happen?  Read your Bibles, he has given man free will, its not his decision, ITS OURS! 

I was taught by preist and nuns my whole life, I was in Cathlolic schools my whole life, and the clearist thing I realized was that ORGANIZED RELIGION IS A GREAT BUSINESS.  My education was no better than anyone elses and I read the Bible everyday for 10 years.  18 years later my son is in a Christian school and nothing has changed, BUSINESS FIRST, GOD SECOND. PERIOD!

If you teach your children at home you never have to count on anyone else, the problem is America is out chasing the almighty dollar and has no time for the children.  Both parents are working to make sure that mom has that nice new suv and dad has the new boat, and yet there is nothing wrong with that, as long as you never forget whats important, OUR CHILDREN! It just so happens the majority forget and the kids do all those terrible things just to get attention from their parents.  Sad but true.

Amen.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com