Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memberships for ATVFLORIDA.com  (Read 12645 times)
RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005, 10:26:36 PM »

all I can say is what has been said before: Welcome to the internet.

you totally stole my line  Wink

rl.
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2005, 10:27:33 PM »

Come on guys. I know some of the stuff lately has been lame but I filter thru it to find the more meaningful threads.
I know this, the people I met at the last ride were cool to me and I would ride with anyone of em again. Thats what this site is about for me.
At this time I am not a contributing member, but not for lack of not wanting to, just a matter of logistics. I will be one soon, and I hope the other ATVFlorida oldtimers rally to the cause of keeping this site up. I would really hate to see it go.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2005, 10:29:35 PM »

How about we stop responding to the stupid polls, and posts. if we all just start talking like we normally would instead of being idiots just to irritate someone it might be better. We are all decent ppl and sometimes we get a bit carried away.

Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2005, 10:31:17 PM »

I never said you didnt have a life. I said its good to have a personal life but when your bored you should still sign on here.
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2005, 10:38:07 PM »

They are almost as annoying as "I hate Croom" "I want this" "I want that" "How about this" "I need a new Job" "Publix Sucks" "me" "me" "me" "i want a quad" "Im gonna give up riding" "Im gettin this quad" "wait, what about this quad"

agree soo much. POST all that sh*t on MYSPACE. THats what its there for.....for all you emo kids who want sympathy.

Sorry to say but this site has gone from good to POOR. Way to much BS on this site for my likings. Im slowly drifting away from this site im sorry to say. Only here to talk to my select few true friends and yall know who you are.

look Im sorry that I upset you but i like to share my life and I dont think its stupid. I just dont like post with the happy birthday crap
Seabeejim

SPAZUKI

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2005, 10:55:58 PM »

ATV Alaska is looking for new members to share life experiences, daily.

XR 50 with stickers and mods
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 08:57:29 AM »

How about we stop responding to the stupid polls, and posts. if we all just start talking like we normally would instead of being idiots just to irritate someone it might be better. We are all decent ppl and sometimes we get a bit carried away.

AMEN Brother.

You will NEVER please everyone all of the time, it aint gonna happen.  As far as the birthday posts, so what?  Not everyone's birthday get's noticed and I must say it was nice to have mine noticed since noone here at work noticed including someone who has known me since I was 6yo.  Hell, I didn't even get a card from my parents and still haven't gone out to dinner like they promised,,,,but I have a lot going on and it was nice that someone noticed(thanks Jeff).

now, about the adults only section, I don't see why not, but that would be up to Mr. Bones.

As far as the site being "clicky", maybe, but you will get that anywhere because there are people who tend to hang out with each other due to fondness, conveinience or, geographical location.  I would love to ride every weekend and make every group ride from big to small, but I can't due to my work and personal life schedule, so there tend to be more group rides that I miss and don't get to meet everyone.

As far as posting the rules, I also do not see why they can't be posted, there are rules for pictures that are posted, and the rules about post hijacking are posted in the Open Discussion forum on the top,,,,what else is there?  How about another thread with some suggestions for rules for the site from everyone?

I know this, without exception, the people I have met here online have been great people to meet in real life, and that's what I think the site is about.

I read this, and many other websites for about 6 months prior to actually having the money to purchase my quad, and this is the site I picked to belong to because I liked it and the people so much.

Now, can someone air-drop a parachute to me so I can jump off the soapbox?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 09:30:14 AM »

Yes, some of the polls have gotten out of hand lately, but sometimes you have to have a good laugh from time to time.  Grin  Life is way to serious enough to worry about a forum.  I thought the turtle head/dingleberry was rather amusing myself  Grin

If some people don't like it here, no one is forcing you to stay, and no one is forcing anyone to read every thread.  Pick the ones you like and ignore the rest.

And I like saying happy birthday to my friends  Jester  Being friendly is how you have them, nobody wants to listen to a whiney party pooper. Nerd Give Hell
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 09:33:16 AM by Honda328i » Logged

lil_Mrs._Honda1

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 09:34:45 AM »

Amen read what ya like skip the rest !

imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg
APK400exRacer: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 09:46:56 AM »

Simple  but  true.  Dont  like  it  dont  read  it.  Wink   Hey  Honda328i , did  you  ever  get  Dreth  and  Cain73  to  quit  making  frog  sounds  in  your  back  yard ? Shocked Grin Grin

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2005, 09:57:19 AM »

Stop the polls, birthday threads and other rediculous topics, I don't come to this site to read about George Bush or endless moanings about things that are out of control of the ordinary person (Gas Prices).

The Photo section has grown kinda weak, I have made my video contributions to this site, and will continue to do so in the future.

But I say "Less Crap, More Content" you can qoute me on that one.

BTW This site was awesome last year about this time.

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2005, 10:08:39 AM »

Did  somebody  have  a  bad  morning ? Shocked  Maybe  you  need  a  Hug Grin Grin

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 10:17:54 AM »

"Less Crap, More Content"

Agreed

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 01:59:04 PM »

Stop the polls, birthday threads and other rediculous topics, I don't come to this site to read about George Bush or endless moanings about things that are out of control of the ordinary person (Gas Prices).

The Photo section has grown kinda weak, I have made my video contributions to this site, and will continue to do so in the future.

*round of applause* someone else sees where im comin from.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 02:04:31 PM »

I agree with the b!tching. Why don't we make a section where people can b1tch and rant?
ish

It ain't fast without mixed gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 05:11:21 PM »

i have been hear now for almost 2 years and you see my post count. to much bullcrap with ppl that you don't even know or haven't met yet. and i agree with asphalt last year at this time the forum was alot better.

RL400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2005, 05:19:11 PM »

wow, that reply was perfect.  seriously, perfect... quoted for truth!

only thing is birthday threads arent that bad, you wont see a bday thread for that person for another year.  although people are posting happy birthday threads about users that arent even active! now thats stupid.

*round of applause* someone else sees where im comin from.

agreed.

rl.
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2005, 05:31:14 PM »

Simple  but  true.  Dont  like  it  dont  read  it.  Wink   Hey  Honda328i , did  you  ever  get  Dreth  and  Cain73  to  quit  making  frog  sounds  in  your  back  yard ? Shocked Grin Grin

Yeah, I chased them out with a loud FMF  Drive

Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2005, 05:43:37 PM »

The only thing i hate is when people come over here from other forums when all they do is rip on atvflorida.com.... and the polls..... Wink

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2005, 06:20:09 PM »

A lot of you sound like a bunch of  Cry babys, just look past the post you dont like and move on that simple. Less talk and more riding. Wink

Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2005, 06:32:49 PM »

yeah call people neames... thats a good way to make friends....

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2005, 06:35:36 PM »

I don't get it.You don't come to this site to read about George Bush,  birthday posts, gas prices etc etc? If you see one of these threads then don't open it if it bothers you!! Look at the number to times these threads have been read. Alot of people must find them interesting. Politics, gas prices, after effects of hurricanes,religion etc are things we deal with on a daily basis that affect us all to some degree or another. That is why it's called OPEN FORUM!!!!!  Yes there are some posts that get on everyones nerves at times but you have a choice to read them or pass them up. I have read alot of the political and religious threads on here and have to say that we have some pretty knowledgable, articulate, sensible, interesting people that contribute to the quality of this site. Search the internet tonight and read some of the posts on other ATV sites "especially ones that aren't monitored" and you will see mostly garbage. This site caters to the FLORIDA  riding enthusiast and were DAMN LUCKY to have a site this good and as well mantained as it is. We have an outstanding for sale section that is for FREE and for the most part local. We have an Open Forum section that lets EVERYONE read and post threads that THEY find interesting. We have a great Photo section that enables proud parents or proud quad owners to show off there prize possessions. I don't find it weak and if I did I would go to the suggestion forum and give ideas on how to make it better instead of ridiculing it. And don't forget the tech corner that gives you the oppurtunity to ask for advice on working on your quad as opposed to having to take it some where for repairs. Mr Bones has responded to the comments and suggestion forum by adding a ladies lounge,a kids corner etc etc. The moderators do a good job of monitoring " FOR FREE" I would assume. In short, you can't please everyone. I'm getting off my soap box now but before I leave let me state for the record, "and you can quote ME on this one". I for one love this site and appreciate the time that Mr bones and the mods put into keeping it a cool site. If by chance I start to get tired or bored of it I will simply not log on anymore instead of complaining how bad it is . Keep up the good work.
RL400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2005, 06:42:31 PM »

the thing is those politic threads and stuff dont promote anything but arguments... LOOK! we're aruging over them now.  GOSH!

sure its an "Open Discussion", but its still suppost to be G rated.  And the thing those people say in those threads are usually not good.  Politics always is an argument.

rl.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2005, 07:07:19 PM »

the thing is those politic threads and stuff dont promote anything but arguments... LOOK! we're aruging over them now.  GOSH!

sure its an "Open Discussion", but its still suppost to be G rated.  And the thing those people say in those threads are usually not good.  Politics always is an argument.

rl.

I agree completely which is why you will VERY rarely see me contribute to a post that is political in nature.

Id@

ps: asphaltD, I got some music that would be perfect for an action clip or three ;-)

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2005, 07:21:43 PM »

Yes it's supposed to be G rated but that's basically for profanity or vulgarity. It doesn't mean G rated as in Disney classics. Again, if the issue of  politics is not for you then don't participate in that particular thread. YOU HAVE A CHOICE,DON'T READ IT!!!. It wouldn't be OPEN FORUM if you were told what subjects should or could be talked about. I don't agree with an adult section either because there is no way to verify your age. Besides if  the subject of politics " for example" was only allowed in the adult section then we would be excluding the minors that were interested in and had a valid opinion on the subject. The Birthday wishes don't hurt anyone. If you don't know the particular person or don't care to wish them Happy Birthday then DON'T RESPOND!! I really don't understand what all the complaining about certain subjects is all about. Nobody makes us read them or respond to them.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 07:24:59 PM by CABLEGUY1 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com