Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scottsmore  (Read 13172 times)
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005, 08:10:50 AM »

allrighty, so would a sport with an open airbox be OK for most of the trails out there?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Brute Force

Dont sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2005, 03:11:21 PM »

Well I'm not sure that I know what an open air box is but I would venture to say you should be able to make it just about anywhere. There may be some places where it seems like there is no way around the mud but there is if you know your way around.
Most of the deep mud wholes have a trail off to the side that the sport bikes have made to get around the whole. No guarantees that you won’t get muddy.

2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2005, 10:15:31 PM »

The trails around the holes should be dry enough by now. Me and the family are coming out there on Sat. around 10or11. We usually park on the 95 side.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
grumpster

What are you - Stupid?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2005, 01:15:04 PM »

The wife and I were out there Saturday and Sunday (9-17 & 18).  Saturday morning it was pretty quiet, but Sunday the place was paced.  Met some great people out there (we usually ride in Canaveral Groves) who let us in on some of the local secrets.  Again, nice folks - pretty much family or an older group of riders.
Excellant riding for all skill levels and desires.  Some mud, some sand, some great trails to just kick back and relax on.  Don't park on the dairy queen property of risk getting towed or ticketed. 
Looking forward to next weekend.  This place rocks!

Kaw 750 Brute Force
Honda 650 Rincon
Lookin' for some fun...
Crashking

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2005, 07:41:07 PM »

The wife and I were out there Saturday and Sunday (9-17 & 18).  Saturday morning it was pretty quiet, but Sunday the place was paced.  Met some great people out there (we usually ride in Canaveral Groves) who let us in on some of the local secrets.  Again, nice folks - pretty much family or an older group of riders.
Excellant riding for all skill levels and desires.  Some mud, some sand, some great trails to just kick back and relax on.  Don't park on the dairy queen property of risk getting towed or ticketed. 
Looking forward to next weekend.  This place rocks!

what times were you there? saturday, me and a buddy of mine got there around 2 or 3 i believe.... and didn't leave till around 8pm.... really nice place to ride at.... the first place that i rode at that is known by many..... and it's pretty friggen awesome out there.... can't wait to go again....

i was on a 01 honda trx 250 (ain't the greatest but for $550 it ain't bad!!!...gets me ridin)
and my buddy was on a banshee

those little side trails around the water are nice.... but damn there a pain to ride over... by the end of the day i was the depth tester....(i was the only one with reverse.... lol)

and some of that mud is slliiiiiccckkkk... wow... lol

def can't wait to go out there again... lots of fun to be had
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2005, 04:57:51 PM »

Is there anywhere to camp at this place ??      Can you ride there day and night ??  How much riding area is there ??  And last question, is it wet this time of year ??

Thanks,

~MudMan~

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
Truegrit

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2005, 10:05:21 PM »

Very wet right now. but i tdries out pretty quick. You can get through most of it w/o a snorkel but you have to know where to go. You should be able to cover more than 1/2 of it w/ no probs now though.

I think its around 20,000 acres (someone may know a better number) you can ride all day and night. I have seen some folks camp there but they are usually locals (dueling bajo types) or the guy that took their truck out alone, sunk it and had to wait for someone to tow it out.

'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
http://www.hondaforeman.com/
team_quad_green

Your gonna need SUM!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2005, 11:13:18 PM »

dont be out there during hunting season trust me Ive almost been shot at.

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80
Kodiak

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2005, 01:25:43 AM »

this place sounds great but i dont have a snorkel and i have never been there and the cops dont give you crap
Truegrit

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2005, 11:43:40 AM »

No the cops do not bother you as long as you are not one of the idots ridinng wheelies along the blacktop, and do not park in the vacant Dairy Queen lot. Just park on the side of the road and be smart and you won't have any issues.

'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
http://www.hondaforeman.com/
Crashking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2005, 01:22:58 PM »

camping- if you can clean out a pretty flat area... then sure

went out there just past sunday.... toooooons of people out there.... had to be 15-25 trucks there... didn't go riding on the bigger part of it ... instead we went down a trial that had quite a bit of water/mud(i had reverse, new mudlite's, and a strap(and a trx250ex) ) so i was the guniea(sp?) pig for most of the mud holes..... first big mud hole was a little hard... spent about 20 mins there..... then it was pretty much sand and stuff till we got near the power poles.... then the mud got harder to go through with not many side trails... one hole we were stuck at for atleast 40 mins with couple of dirtbike people helpin us out... my friend got his banshee stuck (his tires suuuuuck in the mud) so we tried mine..... got it through pretty easy..... went to work on his... got it out.... and we decided it was time to go home.... dead tired from pushin/pullin through the mud... and we were covered in it..... couple of holes that we got through... 4x4 guys were havin problems with....

there is a lot of water out there.... but if you take it cautiously weather your on a 4x4 or a sport quad... you can get through just about anything out there... a trx 250ex and a banshee went through some tough stuff... but we did it.... awesome place to ride... would be better if there wasn't so much water.... but it's been rainin lately... so that explains it.... i say give it maybe a week or 2 with minimal rain and you really won't have to worry about the water holes.... might be goin back out to scottsmore this weekend... or headed to ocala to see what it's like there.... just won't be fun not bein able to ride at night
cypress33415

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2005, 11:44:48 AM »

How big is this place?? It's sounds like it's worth a 2.5 Hr dive from w. palm
Crashking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2005, 02:16:53 PM »

the place is pretty big from what i have seen... i wouldnt suggest going now though.... neeeds possibly 3-4 weeks of little to no rain... and you can get to the bigger area's.... a lot of it a sport quad couldn't go past because of deep slick mud.... or deeeeeep water

but from what i have been able to ride... it's decently big... and i looked at it on google earth (map program) and there seems to be tons of places to ride past where i was able to go
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com