Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katrina's aftermath, NOW WHAT!?  (Read 2706 times)
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 31, 2005, 09:35:15 PM »

I have so much time on my hands sitting recovering and I watch the endless tape and coverage of this horrific event. This is truely the worst desaster most of us will see in our lives. I just wish there was something that could be done to relieve some of the agony of these folks. The one thing I wonder about is applyable in a few situations in our world which I'll get into. Now that this event has happened. They knew would happen sooner or later, it was inevidable that a storm strong enough to breech the dykes would flood the city of N/O.  Question. Should they rebuild? Should they let mother nature have what she has reclaimed? Right now 80% and climbing od the city is totalled and needs leveled and rebuilt completely. Should it just be Lake new orleans and everyone move on down the road and live in an area that has a lesser chance of this happening again? If its rebuilt it will happen again. Maybe not this year next yr next decade or more but mother nature will reclaim it again. We here in florida do the same thing as far as building in an area that we know will sooner or later be take a hit from a storm strong enough to devestate everything in its path.  Or why is it that with all these advances in construction there are no houses being built with poured concrete reinforced walls that will withstand a cat4 or 5. We have the technology but you see everyday these cookie cutter partical board houses being stamped out like candybars hundreds at a time. Why aren't our legislaters doing something about this or the insurance industry. They are the ones that must pay out every few years when an area is wiped out. If the houses were built correctly to the punishment they know they will take that would save in the long run ,,, right???
 This mentallity and mindset applies to another worldly problem that everyone hears about if they stay up late enough to see the infomercials.  FEED THE CHILDREN and or starving people in africa or the desert or mexico or wherever. I'm 43 and have been seeing and hearing and donating allong with my family and church to these type charities as long as I can remember. After all the BILLIONS of dollars that are spent and all the poor people that have died because they couldn't get a meal or live where they couldn't grow a blade of grass WHY do they not supply either birth control or transportation. So the kids who are innocent in all this are born and maybe to someone that can take care of them. Or maybe we could get a bunch of busses and GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF THE DESERT!!!    I am a strong believer in " IF YOU CAN'T FEED THEM DON'T BREED THEM" I think its criminal to be allowed to have kids knowing that your already starving yourself and when you have a child they are going to starve. Doesn't that make sence to anyone else??? I pray for all the people in the storm ravaged area's and hope the death toll doesn't get as high as I fear it may.  But as far as rebuilding right next to the gulf in an area that is below sea level just puts my mind in a spin thinking thetre has to be a better way to enjoy the earth god gave us without endangering ourselves to the level we put ourselves living on the water. Undecided

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 09:53:43 PM »

Well said
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 09:57:27 PM »

I think its BS how we step up to the plate to help with the Tsunami relief yet not one country has stepped up to help us. And they dont need Marshalls law to be in effect in Downtown New Orleans but they need it in Biloxi! Id love to go over there and unleash some anger rambo style!
Id love to go over there with a 12 guage and 100's of shells.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 10:04:33 PM »

You forgot to mention the looters of this. I understand if you break into a grocery store for some food during a time like this, but most of them are breaking into "bestbuys" and taking plasma TV's. Angry
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 10:04:57 PM »

If the looters are taking clothes and food you can't really blame them. They have lost everything and there is very little help right now. They have to survive somehow until they can get to safer ground.

I do agree that that city was probably returned to nature for a reason and we aren't the ones with the ultimate plan. Rebuilding if the place is a 100% loss doesn't make much sense. The problem is people fear change. They can't handle the thought of moving on....

I actually have not seen enough of the news to get the full picture, but this is my opinion based on what I have seen so far.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 10:07:05 PM »

who's idea was it to build a city 12ft. below sea level Huh

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 10:07:32 PM »

The looters taking the plasma tv's dvd players' dvds all that stuff need to be shot on the spot! Food and chain saws and amenities that are need are understandable to me but anything else the fuggers need to be shot.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 10:12:59 PM »

well i dunno about shot on the spot, theres already been a few hundred deaths, and as for them stealing tv,wtf!!! what the heck are you gonna do with a plasme screen tv at a time like this......... thats just $tupid
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

Finally, a place to meet other riders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 10:20:57 PM »

Think about loosing everything you have overnight and being told by authorities that you must move on, WHERE and HOW.  This does not seem like AMERICA.  How come we can save the world  but we cant save our own?  What the hell is this about?

The Bush admistration can stick their nose in every world event and race to give aid yet cant get thier chit together and start to provide transportation to evacuate the remainding people the hell out of the affected area.  Rent out every hotel for 1000 miles around and put people in livable conditions until they can organize and put a plan into affect to get the city under control.

They expect people not to loot, look at your own children and imagine them saying, daddy or mommy I am hungry, thirsty or whatever.and tell me you would not do the same.  Why is there not food distrabution centers on every corner? 

Dont understand dont care, I just cant believe this is the American way we are better than this. We prove it over seas helping others all the time.
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 10:23:44 PM »

I agree with the looting being wrong unless its for definate needs such as food clothing water etc. But there are so many people still stuck in atticks,stranded in or on the roofs of houses that I do not agree with the mayor taking 100 or 2 cops off search and rescue to stop looting. Peoples lives are worth more then any plasma tv or ather things they are stealingthey need to get all the people out of N/O and open the flood gates and equalize the water pressures before they are going to stop the breech in the dykes.Maybe they should just leave it flooded and make it a memorial lake of some sort. Submerged houses must make great cover for fish to live. JK not trying to be funny just lighten it up if thats possible.

As far as what our gov is doing if you really think about it , its only been 3 days since they got hit. The gov has to find the worst hit area and then try and clear and make there ways into the areas affected. At the same time rescuing people as they go along. They were prepaired but is there any way they could have know how prepaired they needed to be for this is much much greater devistation then any of the experts thought possible. I have a flat bottom jon boat and if I could get there I would be there along with everyone else trying to relieve this torture. As seen first hand after Andrew time,nieghbors and prayer are only thing that will heal .
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 10:33:28 PM by sport66 » Logged

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 10:25:41 PM »

Think about loosing everything you have overnight and being told by authorities that you must move on, WHERE and HOW.  This does not seem like AMERICA.  How come we can save the world  but we cant save our own?  What the hell is this about?

The Bush admistration can stick their nose in every world event and race to give aid yet cant get thier chit together and start to provide transportation to evacuate the remainding people the hell out of the affected area.  Rent out every hotel for 1000 miles around and put people in livable conditions until they can organize and put a plan into affect to get the city under control.

They expect people not to loot, look at your own children and imagine them saying, daddy or mommy I am hungry, thirsty or whatever.and tell me you would not do the same.  Why is there not food distrabution centers on every corner? 

Dont understand dont care, I just cant believe this is the American way we are better than this. We prove it over seas helping others all the time.

AMEN BRO!!!  I couldnt agree with you more !!!

Always been my BIOTCH about the government, a lot of big spenders with big noses, and there all stuck up the wrong places.

Mike

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 10:37:16 PM »

FEMA Should help the people without means relocate and pay for short term leases or hotel rooms in other cities until they can get jobs and begin rebuilding their lives in a safer place. If I lost everything but myself and my family we would ultimately have no reason to stay. The government should help start over elsewhere. It really is a shame that we can afford to help so many others in the world but we cannot help our own.

Also it is not new news that N.O. is below sea level. So why wouldn't the government have stepped in to provide evacuation transportation for the poor BEFORE the storm. They new the levies were only built to withstand a level 3 storm and that this was bigger. Many more people could have been saved if the state or city officials would have planned for it. Hurricanes are not earthquakes we know when they are coming...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 10:42:59 PM by Mrs.Nightbreed » Logged
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 10:49:05 PM »

I think the cruise ship idea was a great idea. Everything they need right on board. If supplies are needed float to a port and get what they need at the gov's expence.  Not like the cruiselines need any help with P/R right now.

AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com