Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HS at Mayo, FL  (Read 11916 times)
Pat

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2005, 05:01:13 PM »

Looking at the Hare Scramble race in November at Mayo, FL to be my first HS. Any details regarding the track there would be greatly appreciated. For example, is it a good "first track"...in terms of my first Hare Scramble?
Thanks,
Pat

Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 09:42:38 PM »

Hey Pat, I"ll say that every track is good for a first race, it is all in you, every track is different and most of them are between 8 and 11 miles, you just keep your own pase, the speed that you feel confortable with, and enjoy the race. There is a practice lap where you can became familiar with the terrain

There are only two places that have MX tracks combined with the woods, this are Big Cypress and Gatorback and you can always roll the jumps.

So go ahead get in shape and get some sit time so when the race comes you will be ready, I guarantee you will enjoy it.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:44:54 PM »

For further info, you can "pm" me, I'll be more then happy to help you

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 10:35:15 PM »

Pat, I have been wanting to try one of these races too. Maybe we can both try it. I can only imagine how bad my body will hurt come monday morning Cry

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 10:51:57 PM »

Hehehehe !!! well, let me tell you guys something, before I race the HS, I used to go to Ocala and ride all day long, we are talking some times about 80 or 95 miles, then I heard about this races, I though 1 1/2 or 2 hours, shuldn't be that bad, I was wrong after the practice lap I was done  Huh but I race and like "Chillin" next day I was all sore, but this became a nice challange, on the first races all I wanted was finish, then I found my self on good positions, and got 2nd place by the end of the season.

I'll see you guys on the track, and join us this coming Saturday "speed ride" in Ocala, check groups and rides for more info.

Luis C.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Pat

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 11:17:36 AM »

Thanks for the details...I just got back from Ocala Saturday and was pretty sore Sunday. I can't wait for the muscle ache from the HS. I'm shooting for Mayo to be my first so I'll definitely catch you all there.
Pat

Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!
Teej

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 07:19:34 AM »

Where exactly in Mayo is this event going to be held?? i looked on Florida Trail Riders site and all they have is a map showing Mayo. I asked some people that live in Mayo and none have known anything about it.

More people would go if more knew about it, even better, knew where it was going to be help. There is no, established track in Mayo that I know of.

Thank you, Teej

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons
Terry Arick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 01:53:39 PM »

Teej,
All your questions are answered on the web site
www.floridatrailriders.org.
Click on Schedules then click on the particular race you are looking for and it will bring up a map to the exact location.
These tracks we race on are not established tracks. They are on a farmers property out in the middle of nowhere and are not accessable to the public.
Everyone that is interested in raceing FTR needs to read the rules and welcome guide located at the FTR site I listed above.

FTR HS SS 181
FTR QS A 181
GNCC SS 181
Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 08:44:33 PM »

Terry,

Thank you, but I have done that already. Twice in fact. The map shows how to get to Mayo. That is it. There are no directions to this track.

I live in a town next to Mayo. I own a business and I would be willing to post flyers. I have been metioning it to locals and some from Mayo, and as of yet, no one knows anything about it.

Like I said, I would be willing to help promote it if I could get some more info. Thanks

Terry Arick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 10:12:26 PM »

Teej,
I copied and pasted this quote below from the FTR Forum. Maybe this will help. When he talks about "Arrows", he means that "Flouresent Orange Arrows" on cards will be stapled to polls, mailboxes, sticks or anything they can find to attach them to, showing all the Riders where to turn to get to the track. They are placed in the same way as they are used to mark the race track. Arrows facing up mean go straight, arrows to the right indicate a right turn is coming and the same with lefts. Once you see the 1st arrow then it will lead you to the track.

We have flyers that have been sent out and distributed to many Motorcycle/ATV dealers throughout Fl. But we can use all the publicity we can get. You can print all the flyers you want from this websight.
http://www.floridatrailriders.org/Quad_Information.pdf

The following is a Quote from the FTR forum

"The map on the flyer has the wrong road number. CR25 should be CR250. Arrows have been placed at both ends of CR250. Hopefully no one will get lost. The property is actually on CR251, which runs between CR250 and US27. GPS coordinates are N 30 13.1317  W 83 15.7147."

Thank you for your interest and willingness to help, hope this helps,
Terry
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 10:21:23 PM by Terry Arick » Logged

FTR HS SS 181
FTR QS A 181
GNCC SS 181
Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 07:09:56 AM »

Well Terry, I must be doing something wrong. I clicked the link you posted and I get the flyer for the Maddison event, not the Mayo one. I went back to the web site and clicked schedules and get the same chart listing the events and again clicking on the Mayo event only brings up a map to Mayo and no directions. I don't see the info you posted on CR250 & US27. Is it possible that you have to be a registered member to view the info you apparently are viewing? Or am I looking in the wrong spot?

Thanks, Teej

Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 01:16:05 PM »

Hi TeeJ,

This was posted today on the FTR forum in regards to directions to the Mayo race   Wink

From I-75 Northbound
Take the US-441 exit 399 to Alachua - go 0.2 mi
Bear right onto the US-441 N ramp to High Spgs. - go 0.1 mi
Bear right at US-441 N - go 1.2 mi
Continue on S US-441 - go 2.5 mi
Continue on NE Santa Fe Blvd - go 1.1 mi
Bear left and head toward NE 1st Ave - go 0.0 mi
Bear left at NE 1st Ave - go 0.6 mi
Continue on NW 1st Ave - go 2.3 mi
Continue on US-27 - go 45 mi
Turn right at CR-251 - go 7.7 mi

Hope you can make it!!

Jennifer Albright
 Wink

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 06:44:03 AM »

Thank you Miss Albright. Those directions will bring everybody right past my driveway on US 27 before you get go the town of Branford. Everyone coming this way can figure a 50 minute drive from the flashing light in Branford to the race area in Mayo. {1 hr 20 minutes from the 75 Alachua exit}

We recrational ride and I have never been to races before but I plan to bring my wife and kids. We all ride. We'll look you up and introduce ourselves if you don't mind.

Teej
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 10:56:28 PM by Teej » Logged

Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 06:52:10 AM »

PLEASE come by and say hi  Grin

You will have a great time....bring your friends!!

Jen

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 11:31:27 PM »

Just a heads up to anyone taking the N. on I 75 route, especially if you are towing a trailer. The I 75 Alachua exit is a short hairpin exit ramp. Many accidents on this ramp. Be careful.  Grin

Teej

svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 08:05:31 PM »

Hey guys, I read on the FTR website its going to be a 6.8mile course. for saturday and a 8mile course for sunday.

Good luck all, Ill see you up there.. Look for me 823C SPONGE BOB!!

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 09:39:52 PM »

OK, what happened? Originally I saw two races listed in Mayo, FL. One for the weekend of November 5 & 6th and then the other listed for November 19 & 20th. Now I only see one weekend listed in Mayo. What happened to the November 5 & 6th races?

Thank you, Teej

Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 09:49:27 PM »

More confusion! On the FTR web site home page, clicking the events schedules,{events calander} it comes up listing QS in Mayo for the weekend of Nov. 5 & 6th. Then it lists HS in Mayo for the weekend of Nov. 19 & 20th.

When I bring up the printable Quad Scramble flyer, it lists QS in Mayo for the weekend of Nov. 19 & 20th, nothing listed for Nov. 5 & 6th. What gives? I have been planning to take my son to watch in Mayo on Nov. 5th.

Thank you,
Teej

svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 09:54:53 PM »

QS and HS are two different series. One is quads and bikes, the other is strictly quads.

They are trying to setup quads only series and most of the places you see the HS a QS will be there also. Just like this last race, the QS#1 was on the site of HS#2.. Get what im sayin?

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 10:02:04 PM »

Just to clear somthing up, You AND your son can race at the QS, they have classes for the youngns too. Not sure how old your son is, but to race a 110, he would have to be 13.

Quad mini 51-70CC is 6-11
Quad mini 91-300 is 13-15

Also, a QS has classes for Utility bikes. Im not sure if you can race one in a HS, but I saw a golden girl (womens class i think 35+) was riding a prarie.

Good luck, hope you and your son have a good time there. If you have any questions, dont be afraid to ask on the FTR website.

823 for life!

Teej

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2005, 06:42:02 AM »

Thank you svtbolt04,

I hope you and your family are fine through this storm. As I type, it looks like you are starting to get hammered pretty good by Wilma.

Thank you for clearing things up for me. I could make the 11/5 event, but I really wanted to take my family to a Quad event and the Mayo race is almost in our back yard.  Unfortunately I have family flying in that are going to leave the 19th and I think we have to drive them to Jacksonville Sunday.
As for Saturday, I am having a one day only holiday sale at my business until 4pm, so coming to watch Saturday is out.

If my family visitors don't need to be driven to Jacksonville, we'll be there to support and meet all of you.

Thank you Teej

PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 05:14:05 PM »

If any Quadracer has never raced a utility quad before you are missing out bigtime, I raced my wifes suzuki twin-peaks at the QS1 race and had a blast so if you have a utility quad bring it to the races at the QS2 you will have the time of your life on it, you will leave the starting line with only the utility quads and race against them only so hope to see some more utility quads racing at this one!!!!!

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 05:41:09 PM »

Good call Will, and remeber you guys can bring the little ones, they had a blast at the first race.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 06:15:12 PM »

Hey, some info from the FTR website. The track is 6.8 miles... Looks like atleast a 5-6 lap race if you can do it.

823 for life!

PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2005, 05:58:48 PM »

I hope to be able to do 5 laps on saturday but I think it will end up being 4 so it is gonna be another sprint in the utility class plus from what I have heard there will be some NEW utility quads at this race so good luck and take it easy on this old man in the utility class!!!!!!!

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com