Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it illegal to ride in back of pick up trucks?  (Read 4769 times)
Njoutlaw88

« on: August 16, 2005, 12:55:57 PM »

Can you get a ticket for riding in the bed of a pick up truck? Does this vary county to county or is it a state law?
qt314nfla

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 12:57:06 PM »

It's illegal to the best of my knowledge.
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 12:58:17 PM »

It's illegal to the best of my knowledge.

Yea no one knows for sure.
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 12:59:52 PM »

maybe theres an age requirement. i dont believe its illegal cause you see all them workers in the back of trucks going down the highway.
if it were i am sure those companies wouldnt allow their workers back there.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 01:07:40 PM »

It's legal as long as you sit on the floor of the bed and ratchet strap yourself down. Note: do not over tighten ratchets as this will cut off circulation.  Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 03:19:55 PM »

It's legal as long as you sit on the floor of the bed and ratchet strap yourself down. Note: do not over tighten ratchets as this will cut off circulation.  Grin

I was thinking it was legal if you sit on the floor but I did not know you had to ratchet your self in. Mike do we need to where helmets back there also.  Grin Grin

Almost forgot. How about goggles for all the flying debris.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
96 warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 04:56:26 PM »

i think if you're over 18 its ok Grin

96 (and a 98) warrior
ronny86250r

keeping up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 05:06:10 PM »

i heard that it was illegal for your dog to ride on the back but not any humans oh i am sorry that was just for red-necks Grin
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 06:58:22 PM »

It's legal to ride in the back of a truck as long as you're sitting on the floor. There is no provision for a ratchet strap. If you sit on the sides or on the tire wells it is illegal and you can be ticketed for it.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 10:32:11 PM »

It's legal to ride in the back of a truck as long as you're sitting on the floor. There is no provision for a ratchet strap. If you sit on the sides or on the tire wells it is illegal and you can be ticketed for it.

Cain would be correct.

sct450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 10:48:29 PM »

i  think you have to be 18 to ride back there. i think kids can ride back there as long as there is an adult with them.when i was kid we had to ride back there.

04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 11:00:54 PM »

i  think you have to be 18 to ride back there. i think kids can ride back there as long as there is an adult with them.when i was kid we had to ride back there.

Nope, no age limit

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 11:36:41 PM »

my friend called the local police department and they said it was illegal to ride in the back.  I am not sure if she called City or County though.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
qt314nfla

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 11:42:50 PM »

Here's a suggestion.  Get a truck, in the back of the truck you will need.  One imagrant worker, one person over 18 w/ a ratchet strap and one w/o the strap, one under 18 w/ a rachet strap and one w/o the strap, one over 18 on a wheel well, one under 18 on the other wheel well, one sitting on the bed of the truck and one on a cooler, and a dog.  Then drive by the police station repeadedly.  If you don't get pulled over then it's legal.  If you get pulled over count who you get tickets for or who in the back gets tickets.

Please get back w/ us w/ the results of the experiment.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 11:44:37 PM by QT314Nfla » Logged
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 09:54:08 AM »

Here's a suggestion.  Get a truck, in the back of the truck you will need.  One imagrant worker, one person over 18 w/ a ratchet strap and one w/o the strap, one under 18 w/ a rachet strap and one w/o the strap, one over 18 on a wheel well, one under 18 on the other wheel well, one sitting on the bed of the truck and one on a cooler, and a dog.  Then drive by the police station repeadedly.  If you don't get pulled over then it's legal.  If you get pulled over count who you get tickets for or who in the back gets tickets.

LOL  Cheesy LMAO! That is too funny. That's one heck of a research design. Usuall we only test 1 independent variable at a time, but in this case I'm sure it would be a valid design.  Grin It's a good thing I read sitting down or I might have fallen due to the stomach cramps and teary eyes  Cheesy I'd hate to have seen you as a kid. I can see it now
Friend: "do you think cats can fly?"
QT314Nfla: "I'm not sure, lets find out" ( as they climb the last few steps of a 10 story building ) Grin

floridaatv.com come join the fun
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 09:13:56 PM »

You want to ride in the back of a truck? I know they are taking away riding places every day and the rules are getting tighter but man you are desperate. I guess if you get a realy small bike and a long bed truck you could ride in it, the wheelwells could be jumps Grin

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 09:18:06 PM »

You want to ride in the back of a truck? I know they are taking away riding places every day and the rules are getting tighter but man you are desperate. I guess if you get a realy small bike and a long bed truck you could ride in it, the wheelwells could be jumps Grin

LMAO good one man! They will probably put restrictions as to what part of the truck bed we can ride in.  Roll Eyes
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 09:24:11 PM »

LMAO good one man! They will probably put restrictions as to what part of the truck bed we can ride in.  Roll Eyes

Thats illegal, UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME MUD IN THE BACK.  Grin

qt314nfla

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 10:06:52 PM »

LMBO!!!! ROTFLMBO!!!  I like that you see things outside of the box.  Still laughing!
caospop
Supreme Member

BOOMSHAKAALAAAKAAA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 02:00:20 PM »

YEAP THAT SUMS IT UP

2007 Polaris Sportsman
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2005, 04:26:14 PM »

I almost always ride with two people with two bikes in the back of my dads F-150. We've pasted cops and they never said anything.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com