Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Scrub & Cops  (Read 1266 times)
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 15, 2005, 01:26:19 PM »

I went on a ride at Big Scrub today and it was pretty interesting. We got there around 8:30am and hit the trails right away. Around 12:30 we headed down the jeep trail on your left as soon as the paved road turns into dirt. After we got through the 1st couple big holes and came up to the first area where it has the high land and low stream, I came through the water and right up on the United State Department of Agriculture and the Lake County SWAT unit, all in bullett proof vests loaded rifles and handguns. After a nice little conversation it pretty much ended that the Forest is FULL of Meth Labs and the "cooks" are armed and camp out in semi-open areas where atv's ride. They told us to always have our cellphone and call 911 right away if we see a camp, and be EXTREMELY careful if you stumble upon 1 of these labs. They said the people camp out for a couple days and then just abandon the camp. They were extremely nice officers and they told us that if we have an option to take a go-around or high land that we have to take it. They understand if we have to cross water to continue on the trail. Towards the end of the conversation we started talking about the people that throw trash out and fly 60mph down the numbered roads. He said "Those are the people that are getting this place shut down for the rest of you." He said thank you to my group for being courteous and having our helmets. I asked him if he had heard of ATVFLORIDA.com and he said "Yea I know about ya'll" and when I asked him if that was a good thing or bad thing he said "Most of the time it's Good, but it can be bad too." He didn't elaborate on why it could be bad but he did say he appreciated the cleanup rides the site does.  I say we just continue doing our good rides and be as polite as possible to everyone and the land.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 03:00:39 PM »

Towards the end of the conversation we started talking about the people that throw trash out and fly 60mph down the numbered roads.

That and the clowns doing the doughnut circles in the trails.

Thanks for the post. Lots of meth labs in the ONF.

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 03:17:40 PM »

Yeah I always kit those retarded donut pits right in the middle of the powerlines. Its scary as crap going 5th gear then seeing a donut pit.

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 03:27:05 PM »

Yeah I always kit those retarded donut pits right in the middle of the powerlines. Its scary as crap going 5th gear then seeing a donut pit.

Also, those donut pits are VERY hard to see when the sun is hitting them. When I left I almost got stuck in one with my crew cab Chevy with a quad in the bed and a trailer with 3 quads.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com