Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I say it is time to Protest.  (Read 124616 times)
uscbchuck

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2005, 08:44:55 AM »

you should get a permit, or find someone that has a business near i95. have a tailgate party, with signs and BBQ. Make a party out of it.
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2005, 09:21:56 AM »

If you do a BBQ or something like that go to local business' like Winn Dixie or Mc Donalds they will donate some things. You just have to tell them you are having a fundraiser or a group ride for a cause and most of the time they will gladly donate cups, napkins, juice, buns, plates stuff like that. I had a friend who got into an accident and we did a fundraiser for stuff for his daughter. He was a single parent and was on life support. It's just a tax write off for the business...Let me know and I will help  Grin

surfnskate98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2005, 09:29:47 AM »

The problem is that the drunk ass hillbillys screw every thing up. thier were like 5 or 6 place to ride by were i live but now thier all closed down becuase of some stuiped drunk hillbillys. they start fires throw beer bottles all over the place start fights and bring trash to the riding places like bombed out cars messed up campers trashed out boats. those are the people who are messing every thing up for us.
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2005, 09:50:35 AM »

There is a Mc Donalds in South Florida somewhere that has race cars hanging from the ceiling. Maybe they can help. I think there is one in Orlando as well. It's a good opportunity to see who is involved, that and I love a BBQ.

J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2005, 10:41:27 AM »

Ghandi had it right , PASSIVE AGRESSION . We need to cause some kind of commotion passively . It has to get alot of attention . A little gathering on the side of the highway would clog things up a bit . Passive Agression and a couple slurpees we could get some attention . I have never seen any no atv signs on the side of  95 or 75
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 10:43:14 AM by J.D. » Logged

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2005, 11:19:38 AM »

Sounds good. Where is the question. I-75 doesn't have as much traffic which may be better. Since this site supports members throughout Florida than we should setup more than one. Have them at different spots at the same time. That should get some attention. The first step is to be heard and seen and let the lawmakers know we are willing to fight for our right to ride. We will need to make signs, hand out pamphlets, etc. We still need help with petitions and letters also.

YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2005, 11:21:27 AM »

Going along side of 95 would be unsafe.  Either one of us would get hurt by a distracted driver in a sideswipe crash, or a rubbernecker would hit another car.  Then we take the blame and look bad.  

There was a post a few before this mentioning that riders are being banned in many places across the nation.  Maybe its timewe take this one step further, and creat a nationwide base.  ATVUSA.com.  The squeaky wheel will get the grease.  
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2005, 11:56:51 AM »

We need a famous leader  [smiley=lecture.gif]  Anyone know Jessie Jackson?  [smiley=dunno.gif]

HondaBeaterSFL

I shoulda packed a lunch or two.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2005, 12:12:26 PM »

This is just one more of those freedoms we are on the verge of losing in the land of the free. I agree that the only way we will ever have a future to be free to ride is if we take action. If not then one more unnoticed bill will be passed through the wheels of the political machine, that strips us of freedom. I can see it now, "Best way to handle this is to ban them from riding everywhere in the state. That way we are not fighting with the manufacturers, over a ban on there product. Instead just saying its legal to buy, sell and own an ATV. Its just not legal to ride one in Florida." Scares me, a person who has already had a civil rights violation this year.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 12:13:58 PM by HondaBeaterSFL » Logged

Truck
ATV
Fishing pole
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2005, 12:16:49 PM »

We could form a group and call it NAATV     National Association for All Terrain Vehicles

An interstate would be a bad place. The best way to do it is get as many people that can to show up at the Capital of every state, and for the ones that could not show up could all gather at their local courthouse to show support, all on a certain day.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2005, 12:18:55 PM »

What about setting up on all the exit's for the places being closed down? Ya know 75 and 50 Croom exit and 75 on the ONF exit maybe a couple other major places like wildwood and somewhere else in Ocala.. I'm with Kaw on trying to find someone famous but instead of Jessie Jackson ( don't wanna mess up his do) lol what about some of these pro racers? they more than likely have ATV's at home that they DON"T race. It's affecting them too.

HondaBeaterSFL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2005, 12:25:04 PM »

Good point, get professional ATV racers in on it. Also The Honda Riders Club of America. website http://atv.hrca.honda.com

Truck
ATV
Fishing pole
backinsaddle

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2005, 12:43:41 PM »

How about Ozzie, there's even video of him riding (and crashing) Roll Eyes
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2005, 01:39:25 PM »

That's just wrong. Smiley Next we'll be trying to get Brett Favre to help out.

o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2005, 01:56:49 PM »

Ted nugent is all for the outdoors Wink
CAOSPOP

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2005, 02:32:30 PM »

Why dont we arrange a caravan with all our bikes and drive 55 on the highway all the way to tallahassee. Then when we get there we all try to book the same hotels and just make them see us. Nothing illegal just us coming through. We make banners and put them on out cars and trucks letting capitol hill know who we are and what we are doing there. Once we get there everyone there calls the capital on this day and asked to speak to the governor and leaves messages that we would like to speak to him about a concern that we have about giving us more places to ride thoughout the state. In addition to that we send him letters and pictures showing him how much we enjoy our hobby and that we want to be heard and that we want something done about this. We are Americans and its the least they can do for us. If we do this a couple times a year I'm SURE that we will start to get the attention of state reps. and to legislators and congresspersons. Something might just work. We just all have to stick together on this and do it. Its not going to be easy but if you want something bad enough you have to fight for it tooth and nail. I wrote my letter to Mr. Jeb Bush allready today expressing my concern over the atv issues of this state and that it is not fair that in other states people ride in abundant areas but that in south Florida and in Florida all together people are buying ATV's and the roads to ride them on are closing. We pay taxes just like every one else and we should be afforded the right to enjoy the products that we pay taxes on to use them and to run them meaning the gas we buy and the oil we use. Also added to that all the revenue that is collected when we do group rides and we have to pay for extra gas and lodging. Just so that we can spend quality time with friends and family. I also invited him to visit out website and maybe join us on our next ride so the he could see for him self how we spend our time enjoying the beutiful land scape of this state.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 02:35:27 PM by CAOSPOP » Logged
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2005, 02:38:10 PM »

Why dont we arrange a caravan with all our bikes and drive 55 on the highway all the way to tallahassee. Then when we get there we all try to book the same hotels and just make them see us. Nothing illegal just us coming through. We make banners and put them on out cars and trucks letting capitol hill know who we are and what we are doing there. Once we get there everyone there calls the capital on this day and asked to speak to the governor and leaves messages that we would like to speak to him about a concern that we have about giving us more places to ride thoughout the state. In addition to that we send him letters and pictures showing him how much we enjoy our hobby and that we want to be heard and that we want something done about this. We are Americans and its the least they can do for us. If we do this a couple times a year I'm SURE that we will start to get the attention of state reps. and to legislators and congresspersons. Something might just work. We just all have to stick together on this and do it. Its not going to be easy but if you want something bad enough you have to fight for it tooth and nail. I wrote my letter to Mr. Jeb Bush allready today expressing my concern over the atv issues of this state and that it is not fair that in other states people ride in abundant areas but that in south Florida and in Florida all together people are buying ATV's and the roads to ride them on are closing. We pay taxes just like every one else and we should be afforded the right to enjoy the products that we pay taxes on to use them and to run them meaning the gas we buy and the oil we use. Also added to that all the revenue that is collected when we do group rides and we have to pay for extra gas and lodging. Just so that we can spend quality time with friends and family. I also invited him to visit out website and maybe join us on our next ride so the he could see for him self how we spend our time enjoying the beutiful land scape of this state.

I like the idea of caravaning up there at a certain slow speed,,,,that might just get some attention.

I'm for it.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2005, 02:39:39 PM »

Out of everyone on here, do we not have a lawyer in the group that could steer this in the right direction. Maybe even someone that works at the Capital with the Governor.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 02:42:34 PM by yunt2ride » Logged

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
HondaBeaterSFL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2005, 02:46:13 PM »

This must be thought out and the repercusions examined, otherwise it may backfire and give us a bad image. Then they sit back and say "I told you they were bad news"

or we could overthrow the white house get Bush out and run the country how we see fit. jk  Smiley

one or the other....

Truck
ATV
Fishing pole
Mrs.Nightbreed

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2005, 03:28:42 PM »

So here is the response I got from the Governor's office:

Governor Bush has received your e-mail and has asked me to respond on his behalf.

To better assist you, I am forwarding your concerns to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for review and response.  You should hear from someone in that office.

Thank you for writing and do not hesitate to write again on matters of concern or interest to you.

Sincerely,

Rex T. Newman
Citizens' Services
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2005, 03:37:53 PM »

I like the slow train idea . Good one Manny ..

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2005, 03:46:31 PM »

We need a famous leader  [smiley=lecture.gif]  Anyone know Jessie Jackson?  [smiley=dunno.gif]

man, he dont even know who is father is!

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2005, 03:59:33 PM »

We do need a spokesperson . Maybe an athlete from one of our Florida teams . Anybody got any famous cuzzins ? [smiley=groupies.gif]

uscbchuck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2005, 04:57:22 PM »

i heard that tony sevalis is available.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2005, 05:52:22 PM »

Fred Savage might be up for it.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com