Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Florida,tire question  (Read 7833 times)
dond

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:31:38 AM »

Hello everyone,just moved here from Jersey and can already see the stock tires I have on my 700 grizzly aren't going to cut it here in the sandy soil.The ones I have worked great in the snow and woods but not very well here.Any sugestions on a tire and wheel combination that would work best for a hunting and trail riding setup.Thanks in advance for any help.
hatchdemon89

Smoke tires not drugs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »

Dont know about 4x4's but paddle tires work best on my sport atv's for cutting threw the sand

09 trx450r
06 ltr450
03 ltz400---sold
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »

I'd recommend the ITP Mud Lite XTR. I use the ITP Mud Lite AT but my buddy has the XTR's and I like them a lot. If you want aggressive tires, you can always go with Outlaws or Silverbacks. I also recommend Craigslist to purchase them Smiley
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:34:09 AM by asmart82 » Logged
Ole Nasty

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »

Give it a couple of rides before you decide.  You may decide you want a full time mud tire, a lot of us on grizzlies have mud tires.  It just depends on how and what you ride.

2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee
dond

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 09:00:16 PM »

Thanks everyone for the good suggestions.Up in Jersey it was just used to haul dead deer, supplies and treestands back in the woods,not much real "riding" I guess cause there wasn't many places to ride.Now that I'm down here I can see that's going to change for the better.I like the idea of a mud tire and silverbacks do seem like a good all around tire.Looking to get out and do some exploring,nothing to crazy,I'm 58 and already have enough broken bones in my body,so not looking for any more.I live in Homosassa and going to try croom on the other side of Brooksville and get a better idea of what I need and see what others are using.Again,thank you for the help.

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »

Keep two sets of wheels/tires. Silverbacks and Outlaws are very popular and advantageous in extreme mud. They are more aggressive MT(mud terrain) tires and cost twice as much as very good, less aggressive, lighter and smoother-riding AT(all terrain) tires. Will most of your riding will be in extreme mud pits? Will you be riding alone in those conditions? Will you be racing/competing in those conditions? Do you have the clutch setup, don't mind changing CVT belts more often and have the tire clearance for more aggressive mud tires? Go to any mud pit and watch the various brands of less aggressive tires doing just fine in extreme mud conditions. Most of my riding is done in the muddy Florida Everglades and I use AT tires.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:30:31 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 04:20:16 PM »

Hey Dond so what set up dd you decide to go with?

2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com