Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Under Estimate the Power of........  (Read 2598 times)
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2005, 05:42:43 PM »

Guys dont under estimate the power of mother nature. I came real close to learning that one the hard way yesterday. I was out riding with 3 buddies yesterday and i could see some nasty weather down the powerlines i live on and "figured" it was still quite a ways away. Didnt really think that the outskirts of that storm were above us. So were sittin on the power lines building a jump and jabber jawing when out of no where a BIG strike of lightning hits behind me about 100 feet striking a tree. I just covered my ears and put my head on the gas tank and prayed. Dont know if it was the rubber on the tires that saved me or what. But after sittin there just praying i took off running towards the house and my buddies took off to go home. I left the wheeler out there and all. It was too close of a call for me and now have more respect for mother nature and her powers. So just dont under estimate the power of her.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 06:15:29 PM »

LOL !! Grin   I  heard  that ! I  was  mowing  today  and  about  the  same  thing  happend  to  me !  It  aint  worth  the  money  if  you  aint  around  to  spend  it !! Grin Grin

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 06:26:18 PM »

you are lucky brother. live every day as it were your last Grin
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 10:03:54 PM »

She is VERY powerful. I just got off a cruise sunday and Sat night we had 70mph winds and 35foot waves! Its amazing what the open water looks like when your in the middle of the gulf right by a hurricane. Looking over the side at 3 in the morning and seeing these giant swells I was just thinking, how can somthing do that? I guess GOD knows how to do it quite well, lol.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
dreth

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »

that just goes to show that you have more respect for LIFE than for the material things on life Wink thank GOD and GOD only
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 09:32:57 AM »

You're lucky. I've felt the power of lightning twice in my life from a 100 feet or less. It really messes up your body. Feels like ants all over your body, your hair stands up and your arms and legs feel like they feel asleep.

gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 09:37:29 AM »

You're lucky. I've felt the power of lightning twice in my life from a 100 feet or less. It really messes up your body. Feels like ants all over your body, your hair stands up and your arms and legs feel like they feel asleep.
TWICE?-and survived. you sure are blessed. give me some winning lottery numbers.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 09:58:28 AM by gery350 » Logged

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 09:55:10 AM »

Lightning can hit any time, any where. A friend of mine was fishing the flats around Ozello, south of Crystal River, with a friend of his when out of nowhere a bolt of lightning hits the guy in the back of the boat. They had swapped seats just 5 minutes before. Well it threw the guy 20 feet out of the boat, and he was gone when he hit the water. It welded a penny to the knife in his pocket. There were no dark clouds nearby either. We need to thank the LORD for each day he gives us.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 10:07:49 AM »

TWICE?-and survived. you sure are blessed. give me some winning lottery numbers.  Grin

You know what they say: " Lottery is for people who are bad at math" and yet I keep playing Grin

MrsPureLogic

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 11:05:07 AM »

We need to thank the LORD for each day he gives us.

So true Moose!! 

My aunt was driving on I-75 once during a thunderstorm, lightening hit her car - literally pick it up off the ground, knocked out the entire computer system....but thank God she was ok.  I think she got out and kissed those tires and said thank you!! 

Glad you're ok LaKeMaRyKiD!
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 11:22:24 AM »

I forgot about that incident. About 10 years ago I was sitting in my Cadillac Elderado (POS) during a torrential downpour when a bolt of lightning no more than 20 feet to my right struck. I was fine, but the car lit up and shut off. Luckily the car started since I wasn't about to get out. There was an Oakland Park Police officer in his car right where the lightning hit. His was just frozen there in his car with his eyes wide open.

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 03:33:37 PM »

my Dodge Stratus was hit directly by a strike, the only thing it did was kill my radio,,,,but that was my sign to sell it,,,now I got my truck.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 04:01:05 PM »

I KNOW THIS DONT COMPARE TO HUMAN LIFE BUT.I WORK IN A GM DEALERSHIP YOU GUYS OUGHT TO SEE THE CARS THAT COME IN HERE
THAT WERE HIT .LOL CAN YOU SAY 1500K TO 7500 K?? NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY!!!!!!
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 09:28:17 PM »

I can understand the appreciation of life after being nearly struck by lightening.  I work on cranes 150-220 feet up in the air.  I myself have been on these cranes as the hair raises on the back of your neck before a lightening strike!  It's usually our sign to duck and cover. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com