Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8th st closed ?  (Read 12868 times)
trx450rdanny

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »

so i've heard that they closed it down is this true or just a rumor?
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »

bs  rumor!!!!

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
trx450rdanny

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 11:29:13 PM »

well i went today .. and it had signs all over saying no traspassing... on 8th st entrance and on 42 st entrance ?
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 12:56:42 AM »

unless your talkin about some new signs , those signs have been out there for a while. did they say no tresspassing consevation area, if so ,they been there for a while now. 

zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »

same old signs Deal Clown   people were out there this weekend no problems!!!   drove by there this mornin on my way to work and looks the same no change

Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:32:25 PM »

Nice! You guys know its posted, know its prohibited yet, you trespass and ride anyway?

And you wonder why people don't like ATV's.  Huh

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 09:26:08 PM »

find a legal place in Dade ,Broward, Palm beach,Monroe,Collier,etc   and I'll legally ride there other wise   Moon

Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »

That's like buying a snowmobile in Florida and then complaining we never get snow.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
pepito113

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »

That's like buying a snowmobile in Florida and then complaining we never get snow.
Your right. Had I bought a snowmobile for florida I would complain about no snow. But since I bought atv and there being millions of acres of land south of orlando they should let us ride. If its government or state land I should be allowed to ride since I pay alot taxes. Alot of land around south florida. Just cant ride legally. And it makes it hard to drive 4-5 hours to Ocala just t ride 2-3 hours and then drive home another 4-5 hours....
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »

We used to have a beautiful spot to ride in South Florida even if it was only for 3 to 5 months out of the year; Holeylands.  However, ignorant morons killing and maiming themselves on the levees and bridges, litter everywhere and a complete disregard of anything coming close to common sense or common courtesy caused the State of Florida to ban ATVs out there forever.   Angry  And you wonder why politicians aren't falling all over themselves to create a riding area.   Dunno TskTsk

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 07:03:26 PM »

And, Bonita Springs was recently shut down directly because of irresponsible individuals illegally discharging weapons in the area. Just because they bought their weapons, they can assume it a right to do so?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 11:50:13 PM »

No, but there are LEGAL shooting ranges everywhere, so there is no excuse for "discharging firearm within city limits".  If we had legal places to ride EVERYWHERE and just chose to ride illegally I could understand all this nonsence, but we have nowhere to legally ride tri county...and even futher.

Riding in S. Florida just isn't what it used to be.  We never used to be the beaten step child...but now we are.  No legal places to ride, and looked down upon.  But 5 ton trucks and buggies can TEAR UP corbett, holey lands/rootenburger, etc...I don't get it.  Well I do really...there was a large group of people causing the problem, about 95% of atv'ers.

The issue is there is land to ride, and it's legal for everything BUT atv's to ride there...and many of the other places.  What is the difference between a side by side and an atv as far as leaving tracks (which is the complaint).  

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:54:09 PM by jrpro130 » Logged

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »

I think you've already made the point; ATVs themselves aren't the problem.  Buggies, trucks, tracks and SxSs all leave a bigger footprint but, aside from a few for the SxS, how many horror stories do you hear about buggies, trucks and tracks?  I can also say you are just wrong about the 95%.  I rode Holeylands for nearly a decade and it was 99% of the sport ATVs out there that were the problem and probably only 20% (at the very generous most) of the 4x4 ATVs and that was just from the inconsiderate littering.  If it was only about the damage done to the vegetation, none of them would be allowed.  Face it; the idiots on the sport quads are ruining it not just in Florida but all over the country as well.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 11:32:23 PM »

digginfool sounds like you hate sport quads?  maybe a little??     

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 09:43:18 AM »

I think it sounds like he hates the type who trash places to ride, ride like idiots, disturb people on private property, ride illegally, injure others and just plain make atv's look bat as a whole. The fact is the majority of these idiots ride sport quads. I know diggin had a bad *ss raptor660 And his kid had a nicely built apex racing mini quad at one time so I am sure it's not the quads he hates.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »

I hear a lot of bad about buggies and trucks, not really much about airboats/tracks...the point is it is the people driving them, not what it is.  You could have a perfectly responsible person on a sport atv or a completely irresponsible person on a track. 

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 08:11:54 PM »

I agree!! Wink  I have seen these people are the minority. the majority would overwhelm all the areas people ride!

digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »

I think it sounds like he hates the type who trash places to ride, ride like idiots, disturb people on private property, ride illegally, injure others and just plain make atv's look bat as a whole. The fact is the majority of these idiots ride sport quads. I know diggin had a bad *ss raptor660 And his kid had a nicely built apex racing mini quad at one time so I am sure it's not the quads he hates.

Somebody remembers!   Wink  These days I do my time at the wheel of my Rhino.  The wife rides a CanAm Outlander 800 Max, my daughter rides my old Kawi 400 Prairie and the boy is riding a 250 Recon (which he is bored beyond tears with after the Apex - I think it's time to update his ride).  BTW, the Apex is still sitting in the warehouse.  I'll make a great deal on it for anybody interested.  I hate to see it just sit.  I'll make an even better deal on it without the Elkas (I'll put the stock shocks back on).

klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »

It was never really open to begin with. I rode there once or twice when I was younger but now I know better.

Not worth getting a ticket for, ride at your own risk and don't complain if you get stopped out there. They may let it slide this week, but they might not next time.
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »

just stay outta the water mngt. area. if you stay in the woods your good!!  but most people ride into the water retention area and bam Deal  i've never had a problem, even have a dry loop set up through the woods!!!     

cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »

just pasted by sw 8st & 137ave & saw  atvs riding 2day..the signs that say (no trespassing/preservation) area r there.that means any cop can.ticket/arrest you,tow your bike & truck..I was kicked out of nw 41st,passing the metrowest jail by jailcops,2weeks ago,there was a big presence of cops & signs all over,the enterence to the lake is closed.@nw41 st u will get arrested they arent playing,a cops told me atvers were shooting towards the jail..sw40st.birdroad all the way 2 the end, again(no trespassing signs)i was told a few trucks/bikes got towed..Were im riding now is @ the humps in homestead by cardsound road tho it was all fooled 3ft of water all over about  2weeks ago.i was told that folks are riding behind the tamiami airport is it any good???....2 find riding areas is i use google maps & i can see the atv tracks/trails /trucks.bikes everything from sattelite..what is the mean riding area now in miami??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com