Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suburban or River Ranch?  (Read 5134 times)
chuckorlando

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:27:23 PM »

Anyone own land in one of these? If so what do you think? I see river ranch charges like 100 bucks just for one friend. That sucks to me. I'm just tired of not having a legal place to ride that aint a haul. Our buggies have no tites so state land is not an option. Also how much of these places is dry? I dont do mud so much. I want trails to ride
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »

I own in both places.  I initially thought it was a ripoff the way RR charges but once you see what the property owner association does, you realize it's a bargain.  Suburban is very handy for someone that lives in the Orlando area; 192 to Holopaw then south a couple miles.  If you have access to both, check them both out.  If you're interested in Suburban, I've got 5 acres high and dry that I would sell.  I haven't been back to Suburban since I bought at RR.  Has more to do with the fact that I have a camp at RR than one being so much better than the other.  The riding is very similar.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
chuckorlando

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I dont mind the hoa fees at all. I understand them. But if I have a friend down with their family, I cant bring anyone with me if I'm not mistaken. Most cases it would just be me and the wife. But I would enjoy not being bothered if we had a few friends from time to time. I know folks who just borrow keys at suburban so they dont seem to strict. But rivver ranch looks a little less wild which I kinda like. I dont care to be bothered if we dont want to be you know.

My main concern is would it be worth it for a couple who likes to ride mostly dry trails? I understand theres ALOT of mud. But is there a fair amount of dry in both places? Are there tight trails or just wide roads? Any berms, hills, jumps?

We are deff considering buying at on of them right now.
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:56:45 PM »

river ranch is great for trail rideing ,,,,,,suburban has alot mud  ,..... i ride both love both ......RR is bigger  alot better for camping.  hope it help

THE DEEPER I GO THE MORE SHE LIKE'S IT

suzuki eiger
08 grizzly 700  6' lift with 30''shoes
prosa69

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 07:43:53 AM »

Sorry to jack the thread but needed some info that might be helpful to other people interested in RR.

Im interested in buying but can someone help me out with the FEES at RR.
I plan on putting myself and wife on the deed. 

How much would the yearly cost be for both of us (me and my wife) to ride on 2 seperate atvs?  What about this spouse permit says no additional ATV's.
My son is 15 now how much would it cost him to ride there when hes 16?

I see on the RR web site a spouse permit and owners permit needed by anyone 16yrs or older.   

Im concerned with this owners permit needed for a 16year old + what is this all about??

MEMBERSHIP/PERMITS/CHECK GATES I Eligibility
- Membership is open to all property owners within River
Ranch acres. Membership is also open to spouses and
children (under the age of 21 years old) of property owners.
All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by
property owner. Also a current paid tax receipt will be
required.
Owners Permit— An owners permit is required of all
those 16 years of age or older who wish to be members of
the association and utilize its facilities. Permits are valid year
to date. A current tax receipt, deed, or contract for deed will
be required.
Spouse Permit— Allows access only, no voting, no guests,
no additional ATVs.
Guest Permits - Members may bring guests. Guest permits
are required by each guest. Guests must obey all rules.
TURBOXP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »

I also like to fine some more info for RR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com