Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding state lands in Florida  (Read 2556 times)
vasi19

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:03:02 AM »

I am writing my legislators about riding on our state lands. We have thousands upon thousands of acres of state lands here that our taxes pay for and we atvers have no rights to use. Bike riders, horse riders and hikers get to use the lands but we don't. What are our registration fees used for? Car and truck registrations are used for road repairs etc, but what are atv registration fees being used for. I would like to suggest to our officials that trails be set aside on these state lands for atv use and possibly charging a yearly fee like the ONF does.  How many of you would be interested in paying a yearly fee to be able to ride closer to your own homes instead of riding for hours to reach a place. Can we get a count who would be willing to pay for it?
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:38:10 AM »

More places is always better for all riders.  I already pay 60X5=300 bucks to ride Croom, I have kids and the wife rides.  That sticker gets you into I think two other places, Tate's Hell and some place by Pensacola, all to far for the day trip.  I feel lucky I am so close to Croom.  I was under the impression the ATV/Dirt Bike titles fees where to expand riding area by purchasing other lands.  I think Tate's Hell and the Pensacola area were part of the purchased land from those fees.   
Hey good luck and yes I would be willing to pay a bit more but times are tough and with gas going sky high its only going to get harder.     

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:44:12 AM »

It’s a great idea and yes I would rather pay a yearly fee to be able to ride closer to home. But I can’t see it happening especially now when the economy is down and the parks are laying off workers.

In my humble opinion you just can’t get enough people together to  actually do all work that it takes to get it done. Oh you will have a lot of people agree with the idea and say they will help but when it comes down to the wire very few if any  are willing to go to meetings or even write letters. But you can bet your life they would be the first in line to ride if some one else did all the work.

Now if a school was to take away the kids french fries all hell would break loose.

"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"

Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »

Good luck.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »

Good luck.

Don't ruin the dream before they even get to REM sleep!
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »

been fightin this battle for years!!!! Bang Head Bang Head   your gonna eventually see all the corruption and wasteful spending in your journey.  You will eventually see that the registration fees are SUPPOSE TO go the T.Mark Smicht fund. then you will see that the funds have been RAIDED and we (the off-road community) got the shaft.  you will be passified beyond belief by your county,state officials and nothing will get done. then when you try to get the support from the people this will benefit (the off-roaders) you will see that no one will show
except maybe some nut job like me!!! or a handfull of others that I always see at the meetings for the past 15 years     good luck in your plight!!! Kiss

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »

Good luck.

Don't ruin the dream before they even get to REM sleep!

I'm not. Just wishing luck.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 10:29:30 PM »

Unfortunately, we'd have a better chance of getting public support for some snow covered mountain peaks in Florida(so we don't have to fly to Vail just to ski)!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com