Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to ride in Miami/Homestead area?  (Read 20999 times)
DjSaneR

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »

Hi, new to the forum and new to Florida.  I was wondering if there are any legal trails/sandpits in the Miami/Homestead area?
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »

Welcome!! I ride around the Central to south Florida area but not down that far south. I am sure someone from there will chime in with some guidance.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
DjSaneR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 01:42:12 PM »

Thanks, Keeter. Looking forward to finding some spots!
CGmudder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »

The humps, 41st and 143 off of 8th. Will be at 41st Sunday at 930 take turn pike north to 41st make a left go till you hit the mud. Look for a blue Chevy with a yellow Can am X mr.
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »

A couple of people on here said its still way too wet,  137ave & 8st seems to have dried up pretty good, I might check it out sunday about 10am Wink 

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
ground_sniper

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 08:28:39 AM »

I'm going out to 41st tomorrow, if it's too wet I'll try to take pics/let you know.  More than likely, I see myself heading down to the Hump.  Last time I was at 41st, I ran over a fish.   Wink

1987 Honda ATC200S Beater/Frankenstein
1984 Honda ATC200ES/Camo/Stock
1989 S-10 4x4 Blazer, 6" lift on 33s SOLD
1980 AMC 4.2 CJ-5 restoration project.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »

41st isn't too wet if you have a 4wd with snorkels

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
DjSaneR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 01:18:43 PM »

The Humps.. Is this place legal?  I'll have my 5 year old with me so running from the cops isn't an option. 
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »

The Humps.. Is this place legal?  I'll have my 5 year old with me so running from the cops isn't an option. 

Unfortunately no, none of the places people ride in south florida are legal unless it is their property or have a written consent from the property owner. 

Places like 8th street, 41st, etc are illigal to ride...some are tolerated though

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 12:50:43 AM »

jrpro, Tolerated in my opinion is not the word.  Tresspass is simply not enforced unless your on water mngt. land or on a property that can access water mngt. land. and water mngt. land is patrolled by FWC. When  metrodade/state trooper gets involved its because they were called or they actually witnessed a guy riding on the street like at 41st or 137ave &8st. Its pretty easy to see where your gonna have an issue from the map.   

1ofAkind

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 12:03:31 AM »

I was stopped by fwc on the back side of the hump simply to see if I had registration stickers for the Atv's, other than that he said riding is okay there as long as under 16 year olds are wearing helmets
TNTaylor
MudMarine

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 02:53:14 PM »

I was stopped by fwc on the back side of the hump simply to see if I had registration stickers for the Atv's, other than that he said riding is okay there as long as under 16 year olds are wearing helmets

The same thing has happened to me back there a few times but never had a problem.  I've also seen them make arrests and confiscate quads.  Beware, Homestead police will arrest anyone they catch riding on the streets.

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 08:36:11 PM »

Thank you Homestead police!!!! Bow Clapper Clapper    I hope they arrest all the morons riding on the streets!!!!

Dowdy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 05:50:12 PM »

i ride all over the street in homestead FL city and in Redlands .....somehow they dont seem to bother me ........cant speak for those that fly down US1  do wheels all over and just act a fool on the streets....matter fact theres a bunch of us that ride from our houses out west to Jacks Continually....and no problems .....
BKK

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:03 AM »

me my 3 yr old and husband ride the humps behind the racetrack , u can also access it from the dirt roads off card sound , very fun , just stay out of the farmers land you should be good Smiley
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:25 AM »

My quad as been garaged for a while now since seminole closed down. Not taking the chances of riding anywhere illegal, One cop tells you it's fine while the other one writes you a ticket.

Luckily I have a friend that owns land right down the street from my house, but even then you can only ride the same trails so many times.
XtremeH18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »

I agree with klutchbuster400... That's how I got f**k by FWC... One FWC officer told me it was fine to ride on the levy and then another one proceeds to f**k up my record..  Cry

I can't believe your consider a criminal for riding an atv on dirt.. AMAZING!!!!  Shocked
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 11:27:06 AM »

I agree with klutchbuster400... That's how I got f**k by FWC... One FWC officer told me it was fine to ride on the levy and then another one proceeds to f**k up my record..  Cry

I can't believe your consider a criminal for riding an atv on dirt.. AMAZING!!!!  Shocked

There's an easy way to avoid these types of situations.

Never ride anywhere that you don't have the express permission from the land owner to ride. LEO's cannot give you permission to ride anywhere. They never have the authority to do so unless they're an owner.

When it comes to FWC officers, the same applies. If the management area/property you're interesting in riding in has regulations that prohibit ORV or ATV use, the FWC can't give you permission that conflicts with the rules and regulations. All WMA's have published rule and most prohibit ORV use. If it's not a WMA but, it's government owned property, you should always assume that ORV use is prohibited. Doesn't make a hill of beans what a certain officer tells you. Trespassing is still trespassing.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com