Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: River Ranch POA  (Read 27604 times)
Anoriginal

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2005, 04:02:09 PM »

Ok you know Everything I get the point SO STFU If you dont like the Idea of RR then dont buy property do not go there and dont worry about end of story ...Oh no I see you wanna sit behind a computer and Bith=ch about something that you PROBABLY have never been too and seen what goes on Ya its not a lease but you get the Idea and no its no you cant build a house in the middle of a flood area and you still dont get the point of UNDEVELOPED your like trying to talk to my 2 year old so drop it and let us land owners enjioy RR

Wow. That was sure intelligent. Again, the issue isn't what and where you can or can't build. But, If you can't grasp what the issue is, you'll never get it and its obviously above you. Sorry about stirring you up, I'll leave you alone and not bother you with anything involving thought beyond a high school level.

Relax, Im joking. I don't want any good shot rednecks aiming at me through a Wal*Mart Tasco. You know those Rednecks are good shots and all of RR besides the "camping area" is a rifle range.

Anoriginal
do you have a deed? if you do, I buy from you for $600.00... What do say

Nope. Thanks though.

hey anoriginal, i baught my deed s knowing good and well i could never build, but i can put a trailer there, whats wrong with camping in a flood zone if your in an elevated trailer? also River ranch properties is a created association like living in a housing development. Why dont you come down here to miami and buy a house in Coral Gables for well over a milion dollars and find out that you can't paint it anycolor but one of three, canot have a pickup truck infront of your house, cannot posses a visible ATV, and can only put certain trees in your yard. you should move here, you could complain all day to the Gables association and tell the all about there zoning and all those other things you know.....

Not sure what comparison you're trying to go for here. But, regardless I am not sure it really makes any difference. RRPOA is not an association in the sense a true homeowner's or community association is. The biggest difference being the fact they (the association) do not own the property they are attempting to regulate.

Why do you folks get so touchy when someone asks a few questions about RR? It's always that way with RR. Ask the RRPOA folks for some back up and they accuse you of being a jerk or a trouble maker or threaten to shoot you and burn down your camp. Ask any deed holder the same questions and they call you an A-Hole or accuse you of consiring against them. Relax folks. It's only a series of questions on some (what appear to be) basic rules.
Funny, all this hatred toward me for no reason combined with unsolicited personal attacks and not one person has yet to address the issues.

Oh well, if you folks and the RRPOA won't do it, you can bet the folks who want to take the property away can do it. Don't think it can happen? Try Big Cypress, CMC Heartlands, Remuda Ranches, Devils Garden, Inverness, Appilachicola...etc.
tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2005, 05:03:55 PM »

As far as building restrictions they are coming hard on that now compared to few years ago.  State of Florida is monitoring what is put in ...
That is why no permanent structures now since Fl stated a no go and no permits were used.  By bombing range fence line US govt was going to try
and enforce a 1 mile back from their property line no campsites etc for
Homeland security issue but I haven't heard that mentioned for a while as that would impact alot of people.

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2005, 06:36:08 PM »

Anoriginal
Number one: I did not or would not call you an AH%LE. You obviously let your strokin get ahead of your brain.
Nuber two: I'm glad there are people like you out in the world, it gives me a reason to escape to RR.
Number three: Don't call me out, especially if your just some punk kid who's bored during the storm.
Number four: While you were writing the Gettysburg Address, I was out riding.
Number five: Frankly my dear, I don't give a d@mn.
BLAHBLAHBLAH Shutupand ride

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
team_quad_green

Your gonna need SUM!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2005, 09:18:16 PM »

If you dont like river ranch dont go there. Ive had a camp there for 5 years and I dont go there that much much but for $60 a year is a fee to have gate to keep riff raffs out.

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80
Anoriginal

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2005, 10:00:52 PM »

jwscroll
You sure seem smart......

You didn't call me an A-Hole, you just agreed with someone who did.
As for me being a punk kid, uh I think you can tell when comparing our respective prose that I'm not. Besides, my wife reminds me all the time that I'm getting old.
Calling you out? As I recall, it was you that did the calling then couldn't back any of your ramblings up with fact.
Not giving a d@mn is the problem.

team_quad
Never said I didn't like it. But, I sure do not like the way people are getting led around by their noses out there. Pretty soon, none of us will be able to go if we don't change something.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 10:08:32 PM by Anoriginal » Logged
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2005, 10:16:07 PM »

dont reply to him!!! you will never win with this guy. The same thing with Big Cypress thread... Blah blah blah blah

BTW: you call your self an ahole  Grin You got that one right  Wink

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
stretchy

Wild Turkey, Not just for breakfast anymore!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2005, 11:16:09 PM »

Anoriginal

These are indeed good ? I also have a camp area in RR.

I accept theses rules (Whether legally binding or not) for the "privaledge" of riding at RR.

I also concur w/ the idea of a camping area, I wouldn't want my "camp" in the middle of an open field during hunting season. A designated camping area suits me fine.

When I bought my deed I knew I would be buying into an association rhat had certain rules and required fees.

I am not concerned w/ tax returns for my fee.
Frankly as long as I have place to ride and camp I will adhear to RRpoa rules. When this whole thing comes to an end (hopfully never) I will own an acre 1/4 SOMEWHERE.

THIS doesn't answer any of your quest. But thats just how I see the situation to be.

If any of the authorities see fit, they will seize/sell the property at any time. We will get a check for the assessed value, and that will be that.

IF there is a better "system" lets hear it. I believe we can fight to keep this area open but we must have some sort of governing body (RRpoa) works for me. Athough I don't believe The state or the county give a damn about whether we have a place to ride ANYWHERE in the state.

I will remain open-minded on this issue and promise not to take it personally. I get aggravated at times, but promise not to take it out on you. There are legitamite quest that are unanswered, but most people let it go as long as they can ride.

That seems to be the situation at hand, complicated,  If you could shed some light on this issue. PLEASE do .
jwscroll
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2005, 05:18:03 AM »

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLABLAH
 Cool SHUTUPANDRIDE  Cool

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Anoriginal

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2005, 08:29:27 AM »

big-daddy:

No, another member called me an A-Hole. Nothing like the internet. Makes people real brave. As far as my Big Cypress Swamp discussion goes, everything I said would happen is happening. Gues that was blah-blah-blah too?

Jwscroll:

You don't give a d@mn remember?

Stretchy:

Thanks for the comments. You're the first person who's replied who actually seems concerned. I'd love to see things kept open at RR. As things are now, it is just a matter of time before the state or the Fed steps in and changes things. And, you're right, they could care less about making sure we have a place to ride. So, how do we ensure we keep RR?

Several folks have discussed the idea of approaching hte state regarding a joint governed (private and state) preserve open to the general public for a fee under a quota system. Ayone "owning" an interest in RR already is governed in and they are exempt from the quota. The Camp area is consolidated with all property owners assigned a defined parcel within the camping area.

That's not a bad idea considering the fact you would then have a definitive parcel assigned to your ownership interest with a defined ingress and egress. Any fears of not knowing where your property is located would be solved.

The association could finally become legal and legitimate. In addition, the state would likely kick in with assistance in the form of forestry service fire fighters and equipment and increased law enforcement/wild life management presence. Lord knows RR needs a wild life management plan.

Owners would benefit from knowing exactly what they own and would have the piece of mind associated with knowing their property would not be taken in the near future via eminient domian. In addition, they'd benefit from increased fire protection and wildlife management.

The property would benefit from the wildlife management frame the state would impose. Trails would be defined, areas designated walk in only, wetland protected, etc.

Finally, nobody would have to beat their chests and threaten shootings by good shot rednecks. Everyone's interests would be protected, their ownership legitimatized and protected and RR's continued openess and use by everyone who wants it would be guaranteed.

Maybe its pie in the sky. But, it sure beats the alternative of having the government sieze it over time or the Sierra Club hassle you and out spend you until they take it from you via their friends in the government. Unless you are very organized with extreme financial backing, it's hard to beat the Sierra Club once they set their mind to something.

I'd like to see somethign done to protect it regardless if many folks are too dumb to care what happens or lack the mental capacity to realize what's going on. I hope it all works out.
jwscroll
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2005, 08:50:57 AM »

Look, I'm not trying to argue w/you, I do care about what happens to our riding land but I'm not at this site to exchange witty banter. I'm at this site to meet people who are worth getting to know, and I gotta tell ya if ever I need lawerly advise I;ll be sure to ask you.
I would not use profanity to get my point across, nor did I ever agree w/ the statements made by others. I can stand alone in my fights/debates, just because I chose to spend my weekends riding not typing speeches deosn't make me a bad guy.
I would also never threaten someone w/a good shooting redneck. I was referring to the bad shooting rednecks. Errant shots kill, and not all hunters are as experienced at checking their background as they should be, an accident of that sort is not the type of publicity RR needs I'm sure.
        I don't give d@mn so much that I"m trying to organize a toy run in an effort to shed a better light on ATVer's and the loss of riding land while at the same time helping the community around us.
       Your statements at the begining of this thread set the wrong tone for the points you're trying to make. Perhaps some of your points are valid ones, I myself have delt w/much worse redtape in the military and can live w/the few rules that exist at RR.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Anoriginal

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2005, 12:18:39 PM »

jwscroll;

I appreciate your comments and your concerns. Send me a PM and I'll kick in some $$ for the toy ride.
backinsaddle

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 04:32:49 PM »

Does anyone that has a deed in RR have title insurance?  I don't know a lot about real estate, but I do know that when I bought my house, I had to pay for title insurance.  This assures me I have a clean title, and if there is a problem the title insurance will kick in.  If I buy property in RR, I would assume that I'm paying for a place to play and that at some time the state could come in and take over, and seeing as I don't really know if I own anything, I'm not entitled to any compensation.  Thoughts anyone?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 09:20:50 PM by backinsaddle » Logged
Anoriginal

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2005, 04:51:41 PM »

backin:

Good point. From what I've heard, very few parcels in RR are purchased with title insurance. The majority are via quit claim deeds done exclusive of title inspection or insurance. 

If you have title insurance, it would be interesting to see what type of exceptions were written into the policy. I've purchased land in the Big Cypress and several exceptions went along with the policy. Thankfully, access and ownership rights were guaranteed.
racemanfl

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2005, 06:26:27 PM »

Does anyone that has a deed in RR have title insurance?  I don't know a lot about real estate, but I do know that when I bought my house, I had to pay for title insurance.  This assures me I have a clean title, and if there is a problem the title insurance will kick in.  If I buy property in RR, I disagreeumption would be that I'm paying for a place to play and that at some time the state could come in and take over, and seeing as I don't really know if I own anything, I'm not entitled to any compensation.  Thoughts anyone?

backinsaddle

I think that is why almost everyone on here bought into RR.
Dont to really own anything just a place to have fun,Some one should start a poll and I think you will see that is the answer.
Nobody really gives a crap about who owns what just a place in this great state to have fun,
This guy starts this s**t all the time Jerry

I MYSELF AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS OF BUYING INTO RIVER RANCH

tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2005, 08:05:03 PM »

I know that when I went with the group to Tall the lobbyist we hired was
wanting to get all that own out there to sign the papers at gate ( remember?) that would say we do not want to be taken over by the State
and are voicing dissapproval.  He wanted to get board to have say for group like a condo group or homeowners assoc.  Jeb's buddy there at
committee was chairman and was from Texas not even a Fl resident.  His
people had told him that only 200 people were there at RR and didn't oppose it and that was quickly challenged by the lobbist who informed them it was about 4000 and no one wanted it !!!!!  But they still voted
to proceed since their votes were already made up without our show
of numbers but we did fill up the complete room and got some attention.
WE all have to stick together for the greater good    as corny as that sounds

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2005, 08:40:56 PM »

WOW!!!  I can't believe I read the whole thing. It's pretty cool to sit back and watch other people debate for a change.  Debate, name calling, threats, insults what ever you want to call it it's sure entertaining.
FORDFANZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2005, 10:05:02 PM »

Well  iam  done   Hey  if  yall  wanna  ride  pm  me  and  I  ll  meet  yall  there  .I  cant   wait  TO  RIDE  ON  MY  PROPERTY  AGAIN  !!!!!! Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin

I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2005, 12:22:41 AM »

HERE IS A QUESTION FOR ALL OF YOU...   How many of you on this site would pay a 600 dollar down payment and 60 bucks a year to have a camp at Badluck?   i know i would just to have a somewhat secure place to ride and i think all of you would too do to the fact that fourwheelers are expensive and we are running out of places to ride.                                                                                         

Anoriginal, do you even own a fourwheeler?Huh  or do you have an allwheel-drive Saab or somthing like that......

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2005, 07:51:42 AM »

being that this debate on open forum.. Let me clear something up. River Ranch is a hunting and camping club, Not a atv riders club. People go there to hunt and camp. also most the time you need a 4x4 to move around. So if you thing that you are going to buy into RR just to go riding, think it thru...

Redneck in a tree stand for 4 hour and a Atv with a loud exhuast drive by in the hunting section, scaring on the game. Hmmmm Redneck gets pissed off, redneck are darn good shot. I can hit a quarter at 100yds easy and I am only half a redneck. RR is a big place to be walking back because you have allot holes in your tires. There other places you can buy land to go riding, that are not hunting areas.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2005, 09:18:56 AM »

Just a couple comments not directed at any one person.

River Ranch is private property and should not be open to the public that is why people buy property out there. If someone wants access then pony up and buy land and become part of the POA. Property owners should be allowed access to their land regardless if they are part of the POA even though currently RR won't let you in unless you are part of the POA. The money that goes into the POA should be going back into the property itself, paying for repairs, gate security, etc... I can't comment as to whether that is happening at RR but that is how it works at other privately owned areas that are similair to RR. Through the grapevine I've also heard that RR has an attorney on retainer, which is where a fair amount of the dues go to.

I do not own land at RR but I do have some at another location that is similar to RR. I bought land specifically to have a place to go to that I will not be chased out by police, a place to set up a semi-permanent camp and just flat out a place to go riding where 90% of the people out there actually care about the property.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
Anoriginal

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2005, 09:32:22 AM »

bigdaddy:

Good points.  My only concern is that in the event the ownership issue comes to a head, everything is effected negatively. Hunting, fishing, riding, camping, etc. Hopefully a happy medium will be reached.

Raceman:

If you call asking simple questions "starting sh*t" then okay. lol  

Also, if you buy without title insurance and with quit claim only, you bought wahtever interest the seller had in the property and nothing more. If the seller had nothing, you bought nothing. If the seller had minimal rights, that's all you got too. If the state takes it, youre entitled to whatever the eminent domain proceedings determine you're entitled to, regardless of title insurance or not.

Personally, being a part owner in a title company, it would take quite a bit of guarantee or extremely clean title to write a policy on anything in RR. Even then, I'd put in some serious exceptions.

dirty1:

If you're really worried about losing places to ride, why the hostility instead of working to keep it open?

I don't own a SAAB, but the wife has a cool BMW!

tekhanto:

Great points. I'm extremely good friends with RR's attorney who also went and spoke with the Gov. It was great to see the numbers that got involved. Hopefully, everyone will realize it takes that type of action over and over to get a good end result. I can tell you, the RR subject is being discussed a lot more than what most people realize. It's a hot topic from time to time in the capital.
It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. I just hope it doesn't turn into another Big Cypress or Remuda Ranches.

Bleedsblue:

I'm with you on property owners being allowed to access thier property no matter what. I've personally seen people turned away who owned property in RR but were not members of the POA.  Pretty sad.
The attorney for RR does most of his work for free or minimal charge. He owns a place in RR and had relatives on the board too. He's a great guy and believes in his work.  You are absolutely right on the dues and where it should go.
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2005, 09:16:03 PM »

HERE IS A QUESTION FOR ALL OF YOU...   How many of you on this site would pay a 600 dollar down payment and 60 bucks a year to have a camp at Badluck?   i know i would just to have a somewhat secure place to ride and i think all of you would too do to the fact that fourwheelers are expensive and we are running out of places to ride.                                                                                         

I would pay a couple thousand dollars to own a camp out at badluck.  It just does not get any better than out there.
hellison

She who rides the most toys wins!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2005, 10:35:15 PM »

being that this debate on open forum.. Let me clear something up. River Ranch is a hunting and camping club, Not a atv riders club. People go there to hunt and camp. also most the time you need a 4x4 to move around. So if you thing that you are going to buy into RR just to go riding, think it thru...

Redneck in a tree stand for 4 hour and a Atv with a loud exhuast drive by in the hunting section, scaring on the game. Hmmmm Redneck gets pissed off, redneck are darn good shot. I can hit a quarter at 100yds easy and I am only half a redneck. RR is a big place to be walking back because you have allot holes in your tires. There other places you can buy land to go riding, that are not hunting areas.

WOW! Big Daddy....this sounds like a threat....be careful with the new law that allows a person to protect themselves in what ever means! You could find out your not the only Redneck with a good shot!

dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2005, 10:48:16 PM »

or get banned for that Grin

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2005, 08:28:19 AM »

ya'll are funny. RR has been working for YEARS just the way it is as a hunting/camping place. They are cool enough to ALLOW ATV's. Then some fancy city slicker wants to change everything to his liking.
Anoriginal, you are far from original. Too many of your type have come here to Floriduh to "Change it." You want to bitchh , piss, and moan about what you can and can't do.
I just got back from RR. I am so grateful there is a place to ride even with restrictions. Jackbags who stir up the pot ruin it for everybody.
Don't be like this. If you are a decent person you will roll with it and find a friend who has a deed w/ passes so you can enjoy it, too. I have watched in silence to your garbage for too long. You seem educated but not smart. If you were smart you would be riding instead of complaing and being all "woe is me." Woe is not you. Your ideas suck. Leave your Northern aggression up North where it belongs and let a Southern man be.
You can quote me 'till the cows come home and you will be wasting yor breath.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com