Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 questions need help please  (Read 3721 times)
gargoyle725

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »

I have 2 questions on 2 different atvs. First 91 yamaha moto4 when it is sitting fuel drips from the carb but when running it doesnt, any ideas? second is a chinesse quad, roketa 250 older no idea of the year,. It was running fine then just died we sat for a few minutes to see if I could find anything then it started up. About a half hour later it died again and now will not restart. When you hit the start button it clicks and sounds like the battery is to weak to turn the starter but I tried to different fully charged batteries. It is a cluch and even tried to push start it. Any help would be great thanks.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 03:54:51 PM »

First problem sounds like your float in the carb is not fully closing the fuel supply. When it's running it is using the fuel, when it's not it's not closing the supply that would explain the difference. Float might even be sticking. Take the bowl off and clean it all...good chance it will fix it.

With the second quad, what happens when you try to push start it? Does the engine turn over?
Jeff L

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 04:11:46 PM »

On the roketa, loosen then tighten the nuts on the solenoid (common chinese issue) as far as stalling check the gas cap first, the vents clog, the fuel lines and filter second ( they're crap), and the intake manifold (between the carb and head) they crack and suck air
gargoyle725

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »

thanks for the quick responses. I took the solenoid off tested it and put it back on and nothing. someone said it sounded like stator and a week battery but I tried 2 different good fully charged batteries.
Stuntmanmike

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 08:24:02 PM »

The Stators are notorisly bad on the chinnese bikes, They can be hard to find but are cheap, Which is part of the problem.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »

Paul is right about the fuel drip. The needle is not sealing in the seat. You will have to see if it is a rubber tip needle meaning a brass seat or a metal needle meaning a rubber seat. Most likely a rubber tipped needle. Ethanol in fuel is wreaking havoc on everything plastic and rubber in a fuel system. You will likely have to replace the needle. Remove the carb, clean behind the needle, with the bowl off, hold the float up and blow thru the inlet tube where the fuel line connects. If you can blow through it then you know its not seating at all.

2nd quad, my guess is the ignition coil. When they heat up they separate in the windings and it dies then when it cools enough to contract the windings it will restart. however the gas cap vent could cause a similiar issue. When it dies, immediately loosen the gas cap and try to start it, if it starts then you know it is not venting properly, if it dont restart then I say you will need to replace the coil.
Also when it dies and if it wont restart when you loosen the fuel cap, pull the plug and check for spark to confirm the coil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com