Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong with our world today  (Read 3036 times)
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »

I usually don't post much on here except in the where to ride section, but I got pretty upset today.  I was just reading the new issue of Dirtwheels and saw that Artic Cat is possibly looking to build a 4 seater wild cat to compete with the polaris RZR 4 seater.  The article stated that a top of the line model would cost you in the upwards of $19,000.  WHAT?  I can not believe these prices nowadays and the stupid people that will pay them.  Come on... $19K for atv/dune buggy? What happend to the day of finding a decent used quad or jeep for a few grand or even a few hundred.  I got into a discussion with a salesman at a local can-am dealership a few weeks ago and we had a discussion about can-am.  I was a stupid one about 4 years ago who would do anything to own a new 800 Renegade.  I actually and stupidly traded a 07 outlander 800 and a 07 outlander 400 plus some cash for that renegade. STUPID.  i have learned a lot since then and will never stoop to can-am rediculious pricing.  $12-$13K for a outlander 2up?  Last I looked this economy is still tanking and the unemployment rate continues to rise.  I never understood the people who drive a $1000 truck, but buy a $10K quad only to see how deep they can sink it in mud.  I told this salesman I would never buy a can-am again due to mark-up, lack of availablity of parts (always backordered from Canada) and non-ability to work on the thing yourself.  Sorry to vent here but i'm sick of the way this country is going and for Can-am to get a huge insane profit and rake us ATVers over the coals is wrong.  I would buy a 1979 jeep for $2k before can-am or artic cat got my $19K.  bash if you will but I know a lot of you feel the same way.  Long live the 1986 Suzuki Quadracer for $3800 out the door. Smiley

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
Cpearl

Molon Labe!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »

Eh, some people can still afford to buy stupidly priced items that are more of a luxury for us little guys and not much of a big deal for the rich blood.

I personally wouldn't buy something of that price unless I was a millionaire. No reason to buy four wheeled fun at that size when I could take 19k and dump it into an actual truck.

Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »

Amen

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 03:15:56 AM »

america has  gotten brain washed by ad's & promotions..look at any atv magazine 1st u see some young guy super happy sitting on his 2013  atv that costs $10grand,then he is even happier spending an extra $5grand on his bike(after market parts) and spending even more on his  top of the line riding gear,then he is putting his atv into a top of the line enclosed trailer and a $50k truck pulling it..thats basicaly are saying if u spend as u  can,then u will be happy like him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com