Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Confirmed with Croom  (Read 4681 times)
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »

That starting on May 17th they will close on Tuesdays and Wednesday and then resume normal schedule Thursday-Monday.

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:55:37 PM »

so everyone that buys a annual pass should mention it to them that we are not getting a REDUCED price for services not being provided. They increased the price, reduced the days you can go to ride, and I have never once seen a trail being groomed. Sounds like the typical shaft.

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:57:57 PM »

buy a land rover Cheesy
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »

Too hell with the place I will ride elsewear.  My days off are Tue-Weds so they screwed me and them selves because they will not get my $60 X4 quads per year revenue. Angry

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 03:15:22 PM »

so they are no longer open 7 days a week? Lets hope they do some reconstructing then!!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »

We just went to Croom yesterday and was fortunate enough to speak to the rangers about closing or less days opened.  The rangers were pretty irate about the whole situation in closing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  They stated that 4 postions will either not be filled or will be eliminated which caused the 2 days a week of closure.  they did emphasized that it will only get worse.  Below is the letter they were handing out:

"beginning on May 17th 2011, the croom motorcycle park and the buttgenbach campgrounds will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  This is due to budget cutbacks and staffing restrictions in state government.  We do NOT expect things to get better in the near future.  We expect them to get worse.
  Please do what you can to respect these changes and work with the DOF staff in serving our public to the best of our abilities under these trying times.  remember that we close the gates promptly at 6pm.  Thank you for your support!

The managment"

This really sucks.  If Croom does end up closing under our great Gov. Rick Scott, I will have limited choices in a day of riding and may be forced to sell my machines.  Unfortunatly in my opinion, in government these days, I believe our opinion and lobbying will not do squat.

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
patches206
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:15:08 PM »

Thank you Governor thingy Scott! Angry

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
mudngutz

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »

That starting on May 17th they will close on Tuesdays and Wednesday and then resume normal schedule Thursday-Monday.

First big scrub, now this...  I have put my 300ex up for sale on here and on ebay if anyone is interested.
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 09:08:58 PM »

Why aren't you thanking the actual people responsible? For instance the ones that actually control our state budget, or the people that have gotten us to the point of these budget cuts. FYI I am in no way saying I like Scott and many of his recent decisions. Blame should be put where it is deserved so people are accurately informed at election time. We all know there are a million places where money could be saved but then those wouldn't make people give in and agree to pay higher taxes would they?

patches206
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »

Why aren't you thanking the actual people responsible? For instance the ones that actually control our state budget, or the people that have gotten us to the point of these budget cuts. FYI I am in no way saying I like Scott and many of his recent decisions. Blame should be put where it is deserved so people are accurately informed at election time. We all know there are a million places where money could be saved but then those wouldn't make people give in and agree to pay higher taxes would they?

Okay all the sh*ts in political office.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
usapaydirt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 09:25:11 AM »

I have been riding and camping at this park since 1974, this park has always paid its own way and earned more than the other state parks. Don`t fall for the propaganda that it`s all Scott`s fault . This place has weathered economic down turns before without closing. this is just just a power play in management, having run off all the rangers, by riding their backs forcing them to harass campers as a way of controlling them , Now that there is no resident ranger presently living on site, the management now feels the need to close the park, The truth is this man may have experience running other state parks , but when it comes to a motorcycle park , He is totally clueless--!!! The sooner he is replaced the sooner we can get back to riding this beautiful park .
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »

The FTR will come in to play if real talk of closing down comes. All the more reason to join a local riding club, FTR and AMA or ATVA or the many other rights and riding orgs! Either that or just sit here on the computer and complain and watch it all go away.
usapaydirt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 05:16:28 PM »

For many years I was an active member of AMA, though not presently. I was however under the impression that a forum was a place to share one`s thoughts and experiences, mine being from past relationships with previous rangers giving me at least some insight as to the workings of the croom motorcycle park and how fees from the park are being pilfered for uses unrelated, this began long before this governor, Though I have the highest respect for the great things these clubs have done, they seem powerless when it comes to actual operations and where the riders money goes. Informing other readers with at least, some insight , garners at least some merit-!!
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 09:41:50 PM »

I didn't mean you paydirt. Sorry if you took it like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com