Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XC Racers Please Read  (Read 6120 times)
Dirty Foot Adventures

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2011, 09:01:52 AM »

We have an unfortunate announcement

We are going to cancel our Harescramble race that is scheduled for April and also May.  We are doing so because of the scheduled race that we are hosting in May for the FTR group.  As the time nears for the race they will need to be working on their trails and would like for us to rut them up for them.  Please understand that we want to please everyone.  With that being said we would like to know if there are any of you out there that would still like to race but maybe on a more of an open course.  Meaning we would still race the month of April but the course would use trails that are not the FTR marked trails.  We will still have some woods racing but nothing tight.  This would be Side by Side friendly as well as an introduction to this type of racing for beginners.  We could do 5-8 miles and maybe 8-10 laps.  Since the trails would be more open the lap times will be shorter and would most likely be easier on the rider.  We would also consider doing the race later in the day, starting at maybe 3 or 4pm.  Please post up if this sounds like something you would consider, remember there is no training better than some seat time!!!! 

More FUN than you can handle
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »

Its great to hear that the may FTR race will be at your place. Your property is perfect for XC racing and I'll bet it will be the best race of the season. Looking forward to it.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Dirty Foot Adventures

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:40:01 PM »

Its great to hear that the may FTR race will be at your place. Your property is perfect for XC racing and I'll bet it will be the best race of the season. Looking forward to it.

Thanks Matt for the great comment!!!

duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »

Count me out for the shortened open course. Too hard on the ole engine. Not sayin I wont be there to ride anyway but just not racing. I will be there for the FTR event though. We have 10 months left in a year to race otherwise right?  Grin
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 01:29:42 PM »

Count me out for the shortened open course. Too hard on the ole engine. Not sayin I wont be there to ride anyway but just not racing. I will be there for the FTR event though. We have 10 months left in a year to race otherwise right?  Grin

that is kinda rough on the ol 400ex

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »

Yeah and I prefer tighter and rougher for a harescramble myself. Not saying this still wouldn't be a good "get a taste of it" race for some.
You guys need a sweeper or something else? I'd be more than happy to come down and lend a hand wherever needed. PM me if ya want.
Dirty Foot Adventures

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »

The race is BACK ON!!!!  We will give more details soon but just plan on being at Dirty Foot on April 9th.  Probably will start the practice lap around 4:30-5pm and start racing soon thereafter.  The trails will be more open but will have several twists and turns as well as some creek areas.  We will take a vote on the amount of laps after the practice laps.

Dirty Foot Adventures

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »

The race is on!!!!  It will still be about 10 miles so the laps will most likely remain at 4.  We will shut the trails down around 3-3:30pm and finish marking the trails.  We expect to have the practice lap somewhere around 4-4:30pm and start racing around 5pm.  The course will be very fun.  We are utilizing many trails that have not been ridden on forever and maybe never.  There will be lots of twisting trails as well as few short open ones.  There will also be areas to pass others.  We will also add a jump near the finish line as well as a jump or two near some creek crossings.  We will have a bridge crossing for those that do not wish to go through the creek or jump over it.  With the rain we have received the trails are perfect right now.  NO standing water but very moist.  Hopefully we will get some more rain this week making the trails great for the race.

DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »

The race is on!!!!  It will still be about 10 miles so the laps will most likely remain at 4.  We will shut the trails down around 3-3:30pm and finish marking the trails.  We expect to have the practice lap somewhere around 4-4:30pm and start racing around 5pm.  The course will be very fun.  We are utilizing many trails that have not been ridden on forever and maybe never.  There will be lots of twisting trails as well as few short open ones.  There will also be areas to pass others.  We will also add a jump near the finish line as well as a jump or two near some creek crossings.  We will have a bridge crossing for those that do not wish to go through the creek or jump over it.  With the rain we have received the trails are perfect right now.  NO standing water but very moist.  Hopefully we will get some more rain this week making the trails great for the race.

that sounds like a pretty awesome set up, looking forward to it

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Dirty Foot Adventures

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »

Forgot to mention that the second checkpoint forces you to go under a condo blind

DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 11:01:02 PM »

Forgot to mention that the second checkpoint forces you to go under a condo blind

what the heck is that  Dunno

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Dirty Foot Adventures

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 11:03:19 PM »

It is a wooden stand that hunters sit in while watching for game. It is about 15' tall with the bottom clearance of about 6'. It is about 6' - 6 1/2 wide. You will have to make a hard left to go under it.

Andy9933

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 11:51:38 PM »

Lmao, you must have fun copy and pasting site to site. Roll Eyes

WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:03 PM »

It is a wooden stand that hunters sit in while watching for game. It is about 15' tall with the bottom clearance of about 6'. It is about 6' - 6 1/2 wide. You will have to make a hard left to go under it.

alrighty then  Grin

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 12:12:17 PM »

I got to tell you, this was my first woods race and had a blast. I held up very well as far as stamina for not racing in almost 8 months.
I felt like I could have hung with the AA guys for a while but ran into carb problems after the first half mile and had to run the whole first lap with
one hand while holding the choke up with the other just to get past quarter throttle.
I was riding a stock quad that we got a few weeks ago that wouldnt even run. We just drained the tank, changed the plug, got her fired up and
took her out to race. I forgot how bad it sucks to ride stock suspension on a TRX.
I got to hand it to the woods racers!! I thought my thumb was going to just explode!
Can't wait to do it again actually except with no carb issues and some XC tires instead of MX tires.

JT

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 10:26:43 PM »

The bug has bitten ya!
The course was a fun one for sure. Nice change from the tight and "beat ya to death" stuff. Although I tend to do better on the rough and tight courses it was a good change up and I still had a good finish against a bunch of 450's.
Way to go Dirty Foot!  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com