Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding off of I-75  (Read 6197 times)
OFFSHOR

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2011, 06:08:31 PM »

I here people have been riding off of I-75 not to far from U.S. 27.  Does anyone know of this place?
arctic15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:14:30 PM »

u talking bout max fish camp area?
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »

Funny you mention this because right off the exit I take to get to home after work which is Miami Gardens Drive from I-75 there are several noticeable trails that can be seen as you get off the exit. I google-earthed the area and found that these trails lead to a main trail with a parking area. So I thought this topic was about the area I have recently discovered but it's not. I may have to check out this area you speak of.

KiNG QuAD 750
compherh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »

I75 / Turnpike - this area is a no no, Fl Game comes out every now and then to write tickets (tresspassing pta promise to appear in court), heavy fine and stays on your record.  A few still come here to ride at night.  This parallels a canal.  To the west is okeechobee rd with the Rinker south side.  To the east is several trails and a lake (not very big maybe 45 minute ride).
Max Fishing camp - on okeechobee rd south of I75 there is a road called Kroom Ave.  When you take Kroom only S. bound in about a mile Max fishing camp (trailer park) is on the left, right after the park are woods and a muddy entrance.  Get past the mud and there is a trail that leads down to NW 41st St.  Plenty of riding.  People ride from Miramar to here.  No parking.  If you get caught going in/out of the entrance by a ranger, ticket tresspassing.  Once you go in, your good.
Turnpike / NW 41 St - go west past the jail on NW 41 until the road ends.  People ride here many trails.  If you follow the powerlines north, you will end up at Max fishing camp.
Bird Rd SW 40 St / 157 Ave - go west from the turnpike, at the end, park on the side, you'll see people here on the weekend.
SW 24 St / 137 Ave - go west from the turnpike, at the end, you'll see people here on the weekend.
compherh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »

Legal Riding - Big Cypress- SW 8 st go west towards Naples, past the Indians, past Collier / Miami Dade training airport (30 minutes from Micossuki / Kroom Ave) right hand side is Oasis Visiter Center / ranger station.  There are 3 areas to go into the Big Cypress, here at the ranger station and 2 more a couple of miles down the road from here.  You need 3 things, a driver license from big cypress free (watch 15 minute power point), an atv / utv inspection sticker free, a big cypress permit around 50 bucks renewed every January, limited quantities usually they run out of permits by Sept.  Restrictions: the trails are paved, stay on the trails if you don't have a good gps with a map, you are in the everglades from North of tamiami trail to south of I75, I road with my buddy 3 hours non stop at a good speed in and never made it to I75.  No speeding over 20mph specially near the entrance, once you are in 5 miles you could speed up, but I have had deers jump out in front of me, don't want to hit a 150lb deer at 25mph.  In order to get big cypress license you need to be 16yoa.  No 2 people riding on atv, unless your atv has the manufacturer sticker saying it's made for 2 people, fine if caught.  No inspection sticker, fine.  No permit sticker, fine.  There are active rangers riding polaris rangers in here.  Also no cell phone access after about a mile in.  Although people (atv, utv and mud buggies) ride in these trails, you rarely see someone else it's so big.  That means if you break down, you better be with someone who can tow you out.
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »

Legal Riding - Big Cypress- SW 8 st go west towards Naples, past the Indians, past Collier / Miami Dade training airport (30 minutes from Micossuki / Kroom Ave) right hand side is Oasis Visiter Center / ranger station.  There are 3 areas to go into the Big Cypress, here at the ranger station and 2 more a couple of miles down the road from here.  You need 3 things, a driver license from big cypress free (watch 15 minute power point), an atv / utv inspection sticker free, a big cypress permit around 50 bucks renewed every January, limited quantities usually they run out of permits by Sept.  Restrictions: the trails are paved, stay on the trails if you don't have a good gps with a map, you are in the everglades from North of tamiami trail to south of I75, I road with my buddy 3 hours non stop at a good speed in and never made it to I75.  No speeding over 20mph specially near the entrance, once you are in 5 miles you could speed up, but I have had deers jump out in front of me, don't want to hit a 150lb deer at 25mph.  In order to get big cypress license you need to be 16yoa.  No 2 people riding on atv, unless your atv has the manufacturer sticker saying it's made for 2 people, fine if caught.  No inspection sticker, fine.  No permit sticker, fine.  There are active rangers riding polaris rangers in here.  Also no cell phone access after about a mile in.  Although people (atv, utv and mud buggies) ride in these trails, you rarely see someone else it's so big.  That means if you break down, you better be with someone who can tow you out.

Big Cypress is in no way a "riding area" Not a place for sport bikes of any kind and, there is a very, very strict 15mph speed limit that is being enforced these days. In addition, it is now all designated trails.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 07:59:28 AM »

Aboriginal, you're too kind in your description of BC. First-off, in addition to the strict enforcement by NPS, those who regularly visit know the OHVs can be banned at anytime, so they immediately call NPS when they observe law violative. Cell phones work everywhere at BC, save for near Calusa Ranch. There's a cell tower on I-75. And, it's unlawful to ride off designated/marked trails. Most of the year, the trails are so deep under water that only buggies can travel more than a few miles in and there's no roadside assistance when you snap an axle or have mechanical trouble. The trails are NOT paved, at all!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
compherh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 01:49:52 PM »

By paved road, I meant the first couple of miles, there is a plastic mesh with about 5 inches of sand/rock on top.  The dry season (Dec till the rainy season April/May?) you can ride.  Summer time the mosquitos are the size of butterflies and lots of water.  In dry seasson there are pockets within the first 5 miles which have water usually 2 feet, but it's hard underneath.  As you ride in (5+ miles) the road becomes just dirt.  The road is marked every so often, but deep inside there are no markings.  You will see some forks in the road, the main road is well travel, the other road is less marked and usually leads to someone's house or an area that someone  hunts from a tree stand.  BC is for family oriented, 15mph cruising, see the wilderness ride, 4 wheel atv (no 2 wheel).  I had some friends go with a group of about 12 atv's, some where 2 wheel drive chain sport atv, they started doing donuts while warming up in the parking lot.  They didn't get 1 mile in before a ranger was waiting for them and on the way out there was another ranger waiting.  Most did not have cypress license, inspection sticker or permits including 2 person on single atv.  The ranger made about a grand that day in fines.  If you want to do donuts, drive 30+ mph, go mud bogging, throw empty coke cans\mcdonald's bags on the side of the road, go to NW 41 st.  Last year we even heard heavy gun fire of some idiot target practicing.  That's a zoo there and will eventually be shut down.  But it is a very large wooded area with trails.
OFFSHOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 02:34:35 PM »

I agree it is a great family place but that is the problem.  If you are under 16 you can not ride alone and we all know that boy's and girls from 12 to 15 want to ride there own ATV.  And I thank that riding there own is good for them and a learning part of life.  We need a place south of lake Okeechobee where we can trail ride with the family to see and learn about nature.  If the parents teach the kids what to do and wear helmet's for safety it would be a great think for all.  The county was working on a place inside the Jet Port on the trail but like other things like this the county let it fall Thur.  We need something for family riding for the sake of the kids.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 06:43:54 PM »

The "for the kids" argument falls on deaf ears because every city in this country has organized sports/parks, etc. and taxpayers don't think ATVs are safe for kids, so, they won't support nor fund the activity.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
compherh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 08:46:45 PM »

There are private areas in central Fl to ride in:
http://www.redneckyachtclubfl.com/
http://www.dirtyfootadventures.com/mud/

outside the state:
http://www.rideroyalblue.com
http://www.trailsheaven.com

If you have dish tv, get outdoor channel, on Mondays there are 2 shows: Polaris - reviews polaris machines & riding areas around the world, Fisher's ATV World - reviews all machines and riding areas in US.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com