Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Croom Closing!  (Read 18075 times)
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2011, 08:41:33 PM »

When I was a Croom today I was told some news from workers at the park which is very concerning. They were taking head counts going in though the gate and I asked why. What I was told was they are seeing if it is worth keeping the park open. I responded that this place will never close because to much money is being made with all the riding permits they sell. Well I was then told they were looking to maybe close for good or a few days during the week. I also asked about the gate closing at 6 being extended because of the longer day light times and I was told 6 pm it will be.

I know you guys hate the political crap but if we do not wake up Croom may become a memory. This is an attack from Tallahassee and Gov. Scott on all state parks because of budget cuts come on lets not loose this place. I plan on starting to send e-mails to the idiots in Tallahassee tonight.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »

I cannot express enough how profoundly dissapointed I would be if this place closed!!!! Cry Cry Cry I have countles years of great memories and experiences from this place. WOW!!!  if this place closes it would be a HUGE LOSS!!!  and an extreme  mistake.  I hope this will finally wake people up and we can all become a organized group of enthusiast that will be HEARD and RESPECTED.

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:19:23 PM »

They had to waste money on paving the main road, im sure they over paid by a $100,000 for it too. Just like the bathrooms at the first pit. idiots!

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:31:22 PM »

I honestly doubt they would be closing completely. Cutting back hours during the week, yeah I could understand that. As far as paving the road? Well they may have done that in preparation for the birdwatchers!
Johnny Rotten

Bring on the RZR burn, bumps, nicks, & cuts...

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:06:19 PM »

Closing? 

They could get even more money if they would open up to UTVs.  I would be there the next week. Sad

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."
KFX400 NPR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »

I would hope this is not true I could not see how they could close you would think the ATV dealers would get together and fight this as the sales would drop huge due to there is hardly anywhere to ride as it is if croom was gone there would be no place to ride.
offroadjunkee

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 01:59:06 PM »

I hope this RUMOR is true.

The places we ride at are soo much better. I dont have to worry about accidents or breaking things. Theres no helicopter pad either (hint hint).

Seems to me that most state run facilities aren't getting the turnout their prices demanded. Big Scrub is still very empty since the rules the state imposed went into effect. We used to have awesome three day weekends at Blue Sink. It was sad to see the attendance go down hill.

I don't ride at Croom, so I could really care less.... Durhamtown, worth every penny.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:48:23 PM by offroadjunkee » Logged
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:06:10 PM »

The places we ride at are soo much better. I dont have to worry about accidents or breaking things. Theres no helicopter pad either (hint hint).

Seems to me that most state run facilities aren't getting the turnout their prices demanded. Big Scrub is still very empty since the rules the state imposed went into effect. We used have have awesome three day weekends at Blue Sink. It was sad to see the attendance go down hill.

In case you haven't caught on... I don't ride at Croom, so I could really care less.... Durhamtown, worth every penny.

If you have any more RUMORS, please post them, they make for interesting conversation.

Well good for you. So why are you posting here?

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:02:15 PM »

Your an idiot!
hwf-racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 10:48:23 PM »

We ride Croom at least once a month when not racing. Croom is a great place to relax and just have somee quality seat time. Durhamtown is the best I've ever seen, I was just there 2 weeks ago, However it's 9 hrs away. Gas at 3.50 gal gets very expensive plus you loose 2 days just driving. If  this rumor is true I would urge all Atv & Dirt bike riders to call Scotts office!!!  Derek
KFX400 NPR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 11:24:04 PM »

Seems to me that most state run facilities aren't getting the turnout their prices demanded. Big Scrub is still very empty since the rules the state imposed went into effect. We used to have awesome three day weekends at Blue Sink. It was sad to see the attendance go down hill.

I don't ride at Croom, so I could really care less.... Durhamtown, worth every penny.

Total Tool!
patches206
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »

The Fl. Foresty Service folks told me I do not think its a rumor.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »

Why would they have to do a count at the gate when all they would have to do is look at the number of stickers sold? I would think they could care less how many people actually show up to ride as long as sticker sales are good? I can't help but think the head count is for some other reason. The FTR, which is largley responsible the creation of Croom, will fight any closing I'm pretty sure. All the more reason for everyone to join the FTR if they care about this place. http://floridatrailriders.org/
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 04:07:34 PM »

according to a buddy of mine who has some info, croom is the largest money making state park in the state of florida, and the revenue from that park keeps several other state parks open, close that park and several others will follow, but with the moron we got as a gov. who promised more jobs....all he has done was cost the state 1000's of jobs, whats a few more

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Andy9933

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 07:37:39 PM »

according to a buddy of mine who has some info, croom is the largest money making state park in the state of florida, and the revenue from that park keeps several other state parks open, close that park and several others will follow, but with the moron we got as a gov. who promised more jobs....all he has done was cost the state 1000's of jobs, whats a few more

That's the problem, the STATE doesn't want to make money.

WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM
96cobra10101

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 11:21:03 PM »

You make absolutely no sense.

07 YFZ450 with all the goodies!
mudngutz

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 09:58:24 PM »

The Fl. Foresty Service folks told me I do not think its a rumor.

OMG dude! I went by and they were closed today! I cant beleive it!!!!!!!!!! What will we do now! You were right! It's not a rumor after all!!!

KFX400 NPR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 12:18:04 PM »

They were open you toolbox Wink
mudngutz

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »

Really? Thanks for checking dildo. Croom will never close.
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 09:51:56 PM »

nice!!!!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
patches206
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 11:54:21 PM »

[/quote/]

Never say never, I recall someone once said that we would never have 4 to 5 dollar gas, its here.  We have a tool for a governor so who knows what is on the chopping block unless its to his benefit to make more money for his piggy bank.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
usapaydirt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 03:23:31 PM »

As a loyal croom rider and camper since 1974 I can tell you that croom evolved into a wonderful place to bring your family and friends, to experience nature and create stories to last a lifetime, this came to be  because of the unique nature of the riders and the life styles they choose, the laid back atmosphere at camp created a truly relaxing experience that was second to none-! But in recent times new management feels they know more than the people that built this park, about what is supposed to enjoyable for all , In the interim they created ranger turnover and kaos. On a recent camping /ride this Easter I experienced a rude camp host, just walking into my camp unannounced complaining about ropes on my tarp. this was then followed in the same manner by cops the next day. The rangers however have always been polite and informative. This IS why the campground no longer fills up, in recent emails with management, he called the past group of campers a bunch of destructive drunks and doesn't need their patronage, that may be his opinion, however no happy campers = no revenue which = no croom  To me with a rich history here it`s Paradise Lost Sad
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »

All the more reason to support Florida's privately owned riding and camping areas. All you can depend on the government now days is to take away what we have had and enjoyed in the past.
mudngutz

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 12:10:12 AM »

Your an idiot!

I think he may be on to something here. my son just brought me the June edition of dirtwheels magazine. Page 26 (and I quote word for word here)

"D' OH
Dear Dirt Wheels,
I had some fun on my Polaris up at Durhamtown, Georgia, and then got back to Florida and wrecked it at Croom ATV Park. Thank goodness for safety gear and ATV insurance!     

Joe Mastandrea
Spring Hill, FL "

Now either he's full of it or maybe Croom can be as bad as this "offroadjunkee" makes it out to be.
usapaydirt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 11:25:40 AM »

The direction new management is taking at croom mc park clearly makes no sense , All state parks , their rules and guidelines should be tailored as to the particular use to which the park was designed, obviously a wildlife area should be more heavily protected than say a equestrian park and a motorcycle, atv park should have even less stringent rules, just by the nature of it`s purpose and use. Present management at croom like the typical one size fits all approach for rules. The park is now feeling the wrath of the new changes ,in lost revenue and attendance. The past rangers understood this, and attendance reflected that in sold out sites and record sticker sales!! But have been run off for failing to be hard on the campers. Dirt bikes and atvs blow through the woods all over this 2600 acre park and their making it a crime to toss a rope over a limb to raise a tarp for protection sound ludicrous, on my last visit I tied my tarp to some of the same trees I had tied to 37 years earlier , but am now told it will kill them. This park belongs to the people and their totaly out of touch!! Bring back Bob, Red , John these guys were in touch and it worked--!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com