Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Job Hunters Beware!!  (Read 2944 times)
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2010, 04:40:47 PM »

A friend of mine replied to a craigslist ad for a job and this was sent to her:

Hello

Thank you so much for your interest in our opportunity.

I appreciate you contacting us.
In case our posting was not clear, some of the responsibilities of this position are as follows:

* You will be answering the phone and taking messages when applicable
* You will be scheduling the company meetings
* Running errands for the company for things such as purchasing supplies and making bank deposits.
* You will be provided with a company car.
* While you are running errands, you will also be given one of our company credit card(s) for all business purchases.

You definitely seem qualified for the position, and more so than the other 16 applicants we received resumes from. I would like to take the next step with you. However, before I am able to schedule a formal meeting, my company will require that you acquire a recent (past 14-21 business days) credit report. We started this because our company had some bad incidents with prior employees taking advantage of having access to a company credit card.

Both myself and the company will prefer it that you use http://nothing.bit.ly/aAqXXX to acquire your check as they are offering the check at zero cost to you (unlike other places). We also discovered that their scores always reported back contain the most accurate information

Once you submit all of the required information, they will show your personal report. Then, email me the reported credit score, a phone number that you can be easily reached, and your availability to arrange an interview.

I ask you to not email me the entire report, as it will have private content. If you have a lower than expected credit score, it will never prevent you from a position with us. I had a fairly low score when I started.

If you do not want to complete a recent credit check, unfortunately the company will require that I contact the second choice. Personally, I am hoping to fill this position with a new friendly face and am looking forward to your quick response.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Holly Stevens - HR
Luxe Group | Holly Stevens | HR Dept.
HollyStevens@luxe-group.info

The Link I am sure is a fraud please be careful!  DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:57:54 PM by mrbones » Logged

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 05:57:33 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I changed the link so we don't give it more traffic.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 07:11:31 PM »

sounds like a scam to me never give up any info like that on an email thanks for the heads up
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 07:18:09 PM »

Be kinda fun to play along with this one with made up info and see where it goes?Huh?? My bet is that they send that reply to anyone that answers their ad.
Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:05:27 AM »

Good tip.  You can never be sure when it comes to Craigslist.  Too many scammers out there.  I personally use www.indeed.com to look for jobs.  It pulls job postings from several sites like careerbuilder and monster so its like a one stop shop when looking for a job.

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com