Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Cypress National Preserve  (Read 2731 times)
RnkOutlaw

Git R Done

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »

Anyone ever ride out at Big Cypress National Preserve and if so, where do you go out there and is it a fun place to get alot of people together for a big ride?Huh

Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 07:32:21 AM »

Too flooded most of the year, ORV permits required(limit of 2000 per year with priority to those who had permits prior year), no one under 16 can operate ORVs, ORV operator's license(issued by National Park Service exam) required, 15 mph speed limit, no alcohol and destruction of habitat(no mudding) strictly enforced.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:42:48 AM »

It is definitely not a "riding spot" by any means. Not to mention the fact that it's very likely we'll see ATV's banned in the Big Cypress in the near future.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:15:37 AM »

I tried to ride there but was too much of a hassle. Wet all the time! Inspections, Rangers all around  Bang Head Bang Head

Aint and Anoriginal are right on.  Wink

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
MUDDIGGER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 10:33:35 PM »

I am running a petition to re-open the Holey lands / Rotenberger property to all 4x4 atv riders... the state had it shut down 3.5 years ago, but told no one about the meeting for voting, so no one showed up to voice..... after two years it was supposed to be brought up in front of the board again for open discussion, again unanounced... so again the state won & kept it closed.
so I need absolutely everyone to put out the word, about this petition.
Holey lands are a part of the everglades off of highway 27 around the palm beach border... please even if you are to never ride this area, this is a stand up for our rights to use the properties we pay taxes to use publicly. send your e-mail address to mine, and i will send you the petition, this will have to be signed, with you name, city & state you reside, & sent to the attached links to our Florida senator, Governer, congressman, the Florida wildlife commision, and Florida fish & game, it is to be cc back to me.  aspecialties1@aol.com.

Again, e-mail everyone, tell everyone, get my e-mail address out there...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com