Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SDTA FLAT TRACK R2 THUNDER BOWL SPEEDWAY FEB 20TH  (Read 22165 times)
Orangecycle1

Go Fast Turning Left

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »

Ward, The Bike Cam has GREAT clarity and good sound. Small, 4" long and the size of 2 of your cigars. Self contained, no wires, mounts for the helmet or bars/frame, 4 hours of record time and only $132.00. I think its great. Besides, I had to get it since you can now run in the AARP Class, sorry, Super Senior. I just want a video of that yellow monster blowing by me, leaving me in the dust.
David

Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2008 ATK/Cannondale 450FT Quad
2008 ATK/cannondale 450FT Motorcycle
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
Parts discounts to SDTA and SSQSA Members
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 07:22:25 PM »

David:
Does the camera actually mount to the bike? I have seen & have the helmet camera system but it is a pain because you have to carry a camcorder on your back and the camera mounts to the side of my helmet. Does your system vibrate much and shake the camera?

S.M.
Orangecycle1

Go Fast Turning Left

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »

Shawn, I was really impressed. Has mounts for 1" or 7/8" bars, clips on and off the mount, like a snap buckle on a life vest.  I had it mounted just left of the triple tree. Camera only weighs 3.5 oz. Yes there was vibration, but not so much the clarity was bad. It did bounce a little out of turn 4, it picks up the revs of the motor. Maybe feel I was not on the gas soon enough in the turn. Could hear the tire squeal in turn 3, Good color.
D

Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »

OK cool now when can I ride the CR500 framer?? That thing has got to be handfull and that is exactly how I like them!!

Shawn
cj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 07:53:10 PM »

here is the video of the open class main
I will dig around and see what else got recorded.

jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 08:19:37 PM »

Jon held his line the entire race.......this is the reason for the win....GREAT JOB and kuddos to the crew chief as the quad looked like it was on rails. 

Derek used ALL of the track.....did you see where he ran up the wall by the flagger before spinning in turn 2?  Holy cow that would freak me out  Bow  (maybe it freaked him out too and that is why he spun right after...)

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
Orangecycle1

Go Fast Turning Left

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »

You want to ride the BEAST?Huh? TB was not the place to try it out. I have to break down and buy rear shocks. I shoe horned a CR500 short rod motor in the Champion frame, bought R6 front forks, Weiss wide adjustable trees, Jemco down pipe, completely rebuilt the motor, spent many days on the port work, trying to mellow out the power band. Remote starter, had to install an old style compression release so it would turn over, no kick start, took it out, save weight, right at 200 lbs. Besides, I don't want to kick start that thing. UF helped our local radiator shop build a system that would be compact enough and flow/cool 3 times better than stock. You know in a 2 stroke, Heat robs horse power. Still trying to dial in the jetting. Changed the rotor heavier, upgraded the stator/CDI to digital from old analog and trying to change the timing curve. I was on the street behind our shop testing last week and 3rd gear about a 100mph and rolled the throttle on and the front end stood straight up. So, still want to ride the BEAST? We can talk about a ride, or two.
David

Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
Gulley421

It Ain't Braggin, If You Can Back It Up!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »

Wow! I almost got lapped Wacko It actually looked like I was in first on the last two laps, I was so far behind I really was in first

Jon and Derrick, that was some great racing Thumbs Up  

I would like to give props to (SDTA) Shawn, Ward and Ray for a great night of racing.  Clapper  Thank you and keep up the good work.

And also I have to give it up to Linda and the TB staff, Thank you for giving us racers a 100%   Linda, I like the racing play by play commentary, it just added to all the great racing that went on that night.

I know that alot of you racers are preparing for Daytona this week, but hopefully I will see yall at the Sumter race on March 5th. Good Luck in Daytona

*2009 SDTA Pro/Am Champion*

Scott Gulley Customs
Wicked Scare Productions Inc.
Outpost Cycles
Gulley421

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 09:09:01 PM »

Jon held his line the entire race.......this is the reason for the win....GREAT JOB and kuddos to the crew chief as the quad looked like it was on rails. 

Derek used ALL of the track.....did you see where he ran up the wall by the flagger before spinning in turn 2?  Holy cow that would freak me out  Bow  (maybe it freaked him out too and that is why he spun right after...)

I agree, without a doubt that was Jon's race from the start. He just flat out drove the wheels of that Yamaha. I can foresee some great open class racing  this season, especially when Dave Ware gets his motor together and Derrick gets that 500 4-stroker in his quad that he has been talking about.

Scott Gulley Customs
Outpost Cycles
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 10:48:29 PM »

Derek used ALL of the track.....did you see where he ran up the wall by the flagger before spinning in turn 2?  Holy cow that would freak me out  Bow  (maybe it freaked him out too and that is why he spun right after...)

using all the track is called racing you a$$ off. i spun because i was too hot coming in and i hit a bad bump. the track was unusualy rough. jon DID run a good race. as everyone can see. 

im going to start putting daves back together this week. should be running by next. 500 4 stroker? that would be jons bike. im 2 stroke all the way.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:51:50 PM by derek330 » Logged

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
BlasterBoy#92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »

im going to start putting daves back together this week. should be running by next. 500 4 stroker? that would be jons bike. im 2 stroke all the way.

well get it together so we can have some actual racing  Grin Grin and as far as my bike being the 500 4 stroker,,, i wish! and u guys are really gonna be in for it when it actually does get built Devil Wink

But sat. was some real good racin in all the classes and i hope everyone had a good time and comes back for some more fun Wink
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:48:32 PM by BlasterBoy#92 » Logged
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 07:19:06 PM »

yep. it was a blast. i love racing soo much. its an addiction. Shocked  i should have dave ready by the next race unless something unforseen happens. oh yea, i forgot. your bike is stock...... and so is mine. Wacko  i had to get ugly with the crankworks people today btw.
i might have to buy a new one from crankshop. thats a freakin grand out the window. Thumbs Down

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
cj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 07:36:28 PM »

Have you worked with Falicon before?
I have used them,they are a little higher price than crankworks,but they get it done asap and they are close by !
hopefully Dave will start racing again soon,
our yfz is stock, BONE STOCK,except for external bolt on's ,and some clutch work,I can't see why nobody ever believes us.
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 09:22:19 AM »

yes i have used falicon. problem is crankworks have my crank journals. those things are expensive. i dont think falicon has any experience building my type of crank where as crankworks and crankshop do. it just sucks all the way around. Cry

nobody believes you because noone see's a "stock 450" puttin' the smackdown on other modded 450's. kind of a 1 + 1 = 2 thing ya know........

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
cj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »

you need to use that fuzzy math to figure it out !!
it just boils down to consistency,chassis set up and of course the rider.
Gulley421

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »

"it just boils down to consistency,chassis set up and of course the rider"  Thumbs Up   I second that!   Like they say "smooth is fast" and Jon was just pure out smooth that night. A race like that was what we needed, it got alot of attention. And plus, lap times don't lie. I know track conditions were a factor too, but still it was impressive. Hopefully we can keep increasing the quad numbers and start adding classes to our line up.

Are any of you planning on racing at Sumter on Friday March 5th? I will be there with my son trying to get the cob webs out of me and my quad. I'm starting a new business this year, so my race schedule is limited. But the 5th sounds like fun, hope you all can make it.

Scott Gulley Customs
Outpost Cycles
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »

you need to use that fuzzy math to figure it out !!
it just boils down to consistency,chassis set up and of course the rider.

well if thats the case then pat yourself on the back. you got the fastest stockish 450 around. Thumbs Up besides were ALL stock right? LOL Grin i know i am.
i wont be making it to sumpter on the 5th. i got my 500 parts coming and they will be here this week. so gotta get to work getting it running. and at the same time get daves going. work,work,work........ Nerd

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
BlasterBoy#92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 04:21:50 PM »

you got the fastest stockish 450 around.  besides were ALL stock right? LOL  i know i am.

look at the video, it really does come down to setup. i ran the same line everytime and u were pullin the snot out of me comin out of the corners. if my bike was built then you wouldnt be doin any of that. TRUST ME!  Grin Grin haha
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 06:19:36 PM »

Our camp will be looking forward to a much better race between Derek and you, this time on his bike, not mine.

I see the video you posted and also watched it live, the track was just plain loose that night and it's easy to block when you hug the bottom and float up to defend a pass.

With better traction, it should be much more exciting.  We feel like our "stock" motors can square off with anybody else's "stock" motors and still come out on top.  I'm looking forward to a hotly contested championship season. Cool
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:36:10 PM by Scott270r » Logged

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 08:03:15 PM »

^^^ what he said. LOL Grin  speaking of camps.... i noticed a certian person in OUR camp spying out our stuff. smelling our tire juice and scurrying back to daddy to tell him what it was. did think i saw that did ya......   No. No. i find that both insulting and disrespectfull. i dont go to anyone else's camp and peep out their stuff so i expect that not to be done to us. if thats how its gonna be then its best we keep our distance. thanx....  see everyone at the next race. the sabertooth will be running tommorow btw. stock engine of course! Brows
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:05:51 PM by derek330 » Logged

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:04 PM »

Sheesh, everyone is a legend in their own mind around here!!! Grin

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
cj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2010, 05:16:42 PM »

^^^ what he said. LOL Grin  speaking of camps.... i noticed a certian person in OUR camp spying out our stuff. smelling our tire juice and scurrying back to daddy to tell him what it was. did think i saw that did ya......   No. No. i find that both insulting and disrespectfull. i dont go to anyone else's camp and peep out their stuff so i expect that not to be done to us. if thats how its gonna be then its best we keep our distance. thanx....  see everyone at the next race. the sabertooth will be running tommorow btw. stock engine of course! Brows

I surely hope you aren't referring to Jon  !
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com