Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which trail for sport riding?  (Read 4404 times)
strubby

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2010, 12:39:25 PM »

Well since I got another atv (TRX450R) I want to start taking day and/or weekend trips. Thing is, it'll never happen if I don't organize it because my friends are lazy and not motivated. Anyways, I haven't been to ONF in over a year and I see a lot has changed. I DLed the trail maps and noticed the atv has to be registered, copy of registration and ID on hand and there is a fee now. Trails are marked now, that's a plus because we got last several times in the past, prior to trail marking. Is a spark arrestor required? Does the vehicle need to be inspected? My biggest question is where do you suggest to go for a day trip for sport riders? I am familiar with the powerlines and Big Scrub area, that's it. If there's any other suggestions and anything I missed I'd appreciate the input so I can make sure the guys are good to go. In the meantime, I'll be reading to more and more threads.

'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)
Baileygunns

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 06:51:55 AM »

Who you calling lazy?
dansummersill

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 09:45:41 PM »

We like riding the trails down by lake delancey west camp ground. You have the yellow (main trail) blue,red, brown and purple trails ( lake delancey loops ). You can stay at the camp ground and hit the trails right from there. If your at the camp ground the first part of the week when it's quite, you may get lucky and see a bear. On the week end there is to much noise and they shy away. ( on the most part) Last two trips we have had bear come right thru the camp ground. Got some good pictures.
  We have our annual camping trip coming up soon. We go and camp for a week and have a great time. Get a lot of riding in.

We will be glad when the forestry dept quits raiding the funds that were meant for new trails, so that we can get phase III and other items completed which should have been done by now. Been two or more years now, since we have seen any additions to the trails. Where have the funds gone??  not on making new trails. Someone needs to come on line and explain what the hold up is. I as well as many are watching and waiting.
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:17:17 AM »

Where have the fund gone I can tell you to Charlie Crist and is political machine.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
YFZ_450man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 01:52:53 PM »

We rode the trails at Big Scrub last week and I can tell you 95% of the trails were very WHOOPED out. Like the previous post, where is the money going to maintain these trails? we have very limited areas to ride and they can't even keep these maintained. How are the trails at Lake Delancey? my son and I would like to go ride there for the first week in April if they are WHOOPED out I will plan on ridding elsewhere.
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »

This is older post where some of the money went;

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,39980.0.html
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 06:57:18 PM »

YZF_450man go to Croom they have been grooming the trails and the back is really nice just try to avoid the A trail its whooped. It appears the Ocala trails have been forgoten by the people who control the purse strings.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com