Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am i reading this right  (Read 9825 times)
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:47:07 PM »

Does the below read that if I have a lonestar frame that I cant race in the pro am class?

D.   MACHINE ELIGIBILITY AND CLASSIFICATION:

1. XC1 Pro (Bikes): (122cc-Open 2/4 Stroke).

2. XC2 Lites (Bikes): (122-250cc 2/4 Stroke).

3.   XC1 and XC2 (ATV): (201-450cc); Fuel tanks are limited to a 4-gallon maximum capacity.  Production models only: OEM motor and matching frame combination model required.  Frame geometry must remain as designed by the OEM, including all suspension pivot points.  Engine modifications, frame reinforcements, and aftermarket A-arms, caster brackets, swing-arms and suspension are permitted.

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »

yes you are, the pro and pro-am classes used to be an "open" class, until about 6-7 yrs ago, thats when they went to production class racing  but normally at tech they just test your noise db, they dont check matching  engine/frame, they will check it if you are protested, and if you are in violation, you will be dq'ed

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »

I have a call into one of the people at racer production because it also says.......OEM Geometry and even though my frame is made of 4130 chromoly it still has the OEM Geometry which i hope will get me by. I will post the answer when he calls me tomorrow.

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »

i forget who it was but there was a pro a couple of yrs ago that had, matching frame/motor combo but altered lower a-arm mounts on a production frame and it caught

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 08:59:03 PM »

You should be fine. your frame is just a OEM replacement build by LSR because the first,second,and third ones cracked all to Huh?.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 09:14:20 PM »

Won't pass...... Sad

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
pookiepickle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 09:23:15 PM »

Aftermarket frames are not allowed in any AMA/ATVA production classes. Even if you do manage to get past tech, if it is caught later, or someone protests you will be DQ'd.
Andy9933

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »

I thought you were running the A class

WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 08:36:05 AM »

I thought you were running the A class

I am exploring options at this point. I have been informed that I may not be able to race the pro am class unless i have gncc permission or a gncc number Dunno

I want to race in a class that my skill level is in the lower portions of that class so i can work my way to the top. I dont want to race in a class that i am going to win everytime because then i wont get any better. It may sound silly but my goal as of right now is to earn the right to sign up for XC1 over the next few years. Even if that is all I do is sign up and finish dead last. I just feel that I have the ability to build on to get to that level. Money will be a big factor in this adventure becuase we all know that the more you practice and race the more stuff you break, lol.

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 08:52:09 AM »

i forget who it was but there was a pro a couple of yrs ago that had, matching frame/motor combo but altered lower a-arm mounts on a production frame and it caught

Almost positive that was Bill Balance. At Vero beach.

Yeah shawn, I think XC1 and XC2 are invitation only classes. You have to prove you can win at the top of the A class to move up to pro-am. If thats seriously your goal, we should get a team together and pool money for trips to the out of state races. You need to race 9 races (I believe) to get a national number. My goal is to race at a professional level and right now quad racing is what i'm chasing. The 2nd biggest goal I have that I WILL achieve Is racing the BAJA 1000. I dream about running it solo  Grin

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »

Right now myself and bseckle are carpooling to at the least the georgia race and hope to hit the SC and NC races too. I have a truck that will hold 4 racers and a trailer that will hold all the quads and gear so who is in?

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 03:26:42 PM »

I might be interesting in sponsoring this team.  Wink
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 04:32:12 PM »

I might be interesting in sponsoring this team.  Wink

that would be great advertising, a florida motoplex team and banner flying on the gncc circuit, and possible tv coverage, VS channel records and shows races on tv,
and i will have the quad back together with a fresh, rebuilt, more reliable motor Thumbs Up Deal Toast

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 05:43:25 PM »

I belive I am in for the SC and NC races also shawn. And will probably be on vacation for either the Ny race or the PA race. For the PA race you should stay at Breezewood Proving grounds. Its about 1 hr away from the race and The cabins there are great and the place is awsome!
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 07:27:52 PM »

I belive I am in for the SC and NC races also shawn. And will probably be on vacation for either the Ny race or the PA race. For the PA race you should stay at Breezewood Proving grounds. Its about 1 hr away from the race and The cabins there are great and the place is awsome!

Thats sweet Brian. We will talk more at the MOTOPLEX Race Jan 30th Wink

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
Andy9933

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 08:22:57 PM »

I might have to get in on the action Cool

WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 08:24:40 PM »

you deffinatly should andy I am sure you will not be racing in my class so go for it!!! lol
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 11:32:16 AM »

Start racing the FTR series in AA or A and if you do good there then you can go to Pro-Am at GNCC I believe. At least it will give you a good taste of what you'll be up against racing with the top guys when they come down here for winter.
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 11:43:34 AM »

shawn raced in the Pro-Am in the last SSQSA XC race and came in 4th out of 7 or 8 i belive. he did great But Kiser did win that one. I dont think you are ready for Pro ranks yet shawn. I would go A first or AA.
SlowJoeRacing

~~JOSEPH~~ SLOW-JOE-RACING

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 06:35:07 PM »

GNCC is a total environment than FTR and SSQSA. The competition in FTR is harder than in SSQSA. You might Be better off starting in the C class and race in the morning instead of the afternoon.

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 03:21:53 AM »

Thanks for all the tips, I know I have a lot to learn.  

Average lap times over 8 laps at L-Cross
Taylor Kisor 12.24 and he did 9 laps
Mike Ansbaugh 13.38
Chuck Piper Sr 13.44
Me 14.04 (no excuses because the above riders are definatly faster than me but i did have a blown rear shock and broken upper shock bolt because of it)

These are pretty fast guys who race both FTR and SSQSA as well as have GNCC experience. Id say that I did pretty ok for just my 3rd XC race. Im not saying that im a Pro Am rider, Im saying that if you want to get faster you have to race faster people and that is what I want;) I know that the GNCC racers are on another level because if you look at last years scores you can see that floridas top FTR and SSQSA riders, aside from Albright and Kisor, finished way down in the standings at the Fl and Ga races.
It looks like as of now I will make at least 5 of the GNCCs this season and with some sponsors maybe even a few more. I intend on racing in what ever class is just below the Pro Am to see how I compare on a national level. Results pending will affect how hard I push for a full season in 2011. Wish me luck  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:27:36 PM by Shawn » Logged

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 03:30:21 AM »

go for it Shawn!! I will be at all the ones I can taking video and racing in the A.M.!!!
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 08:54:03 AM »

I have always said I would rather be the slowest fast guy, than the fastest slow guy anyday!!!! 

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 01:21:53 PM »

go for it Shawn!! I will be at all the ones I can taking video and racing in the A.M.!!!

Its gonna work out perfect for us because i can pit for you in the am and you for me in the pm. we will get pics and all. Its gonna be cold Brian so plan for some wet riding gear Wink

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »

I have always said I would rather be the slowest fast guy, than the fastest slow guy anyday!!!! 

And I dont care about the fast part, I just dont want to stop until i feel im out of talent Wink

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com