Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gibson Truck World Vs. Nations Truck and SUV Center  (Read 52940 times)
dslburner2

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2009, 01:28:55 PM »

I'll make this easy for all of you in the market for a pre-owned truck. I worked as a sales person at both dealerships and would be happy to answer any question you may have about either dealership. If you do your research online you will see many conflicting stories about were to go for the best truck at the best price. Many of the things you read online have been written by employees and I know this from first hand experience. I am no longer employed by either and will be happy to share my experiences about both so you can be fully informed. I am doing this as a public service and require no compensation what so ever. My advice is free and completely unbiased. Thank you and I would love to hear anyones opinion and/or experience with either truck store.
ganny76

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 01:39:42 PM »

No experience, but I have been looking at both regularly to find a truck.  Whats the deal? 
dslburner2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »

Like I stated I worked for both. You will find all kind of misleading information about Gibson. Most of those are written by employees and I have to tell the truth, I am guilty of it. One thing I know is Gibson does and outstanding job of making sure EVERY truck they warranty has been totally reconditioned. The owner personally inspects and road tests the trucks after they have gone through the shop. They do not cut corners or inflate the shop bills. That is more than I can say for Nations. They also have nothing to hide, ask for a Carfax at both dealerships, Gibson actually gives you a free one on their website! Is there anything in specific you wanted to ask me? I would be happy to answer honestly. I'm not here to bash Nations either, I'm just tired of people being misinformed.
ganny76

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »

No, nothing specific.  Looks like Gibson offers a good warranty that most others dont and they seem to be reasonably priced.  I like the idea that I can get a truck already lifted with nice rims and tires instead of having to buy all that after the fact.  I have noticed they have went up on their prices a considerable amount in the last 12 months.  I guess that is because deisel fuel went back down below $5. 
dslburner2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 04:40:03 PM »

The prices have gone up everywhere as far as trucks are concerned. If you think they are high in Florida check some listings up north. I have seen dealers come down to pay full retail here in Florida. They take them up north and advertise a rust free Florida truck and get top dollar for them. While in your search be weary of trucks from Texas. It seems those trucks have been worked hard. Here in our wonderful state a lot of people buy trucks for the pure beauty of a truck, not to work the crap out of them.
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »

I purchased an F250 last year off Craigslist.  The previous owner was a young guy who had it for 5 years and had obviously rode the hell out of it. It was in really good shape still but it had a mud stained engine and the under part of the hood was muddy.  He purchased the truck from Gibson, who brought it in from Texas.  I have heard a lot about them buying Texas trucks and bringing them over here.

All I can say is, if it was dogged in Texas and dogged by the person who owned it before me, then Gibson must do a good reconditioning job cause its still running like a champ for me at 150k miles.  All I have done to it is put in a new raditaor, PCV hose, spark plugs/wires and coil packs.  Total of about $300. I did the work myself though.

Or maybe its just cause its a Ford. Who knows!
dslburner2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 11:27:25 AM »

They use Hinton's auto body repair in Longwood. It's off 17-92 behind the Thai market. It's between the old Ride Now and Maaco. I really have nothing bad to say about James he was a good guy to work for. Currently I'm going back to school and getting out of the car market all together. I spent too much time in the business and got burnt out.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:53:48 PM by dslburner2 » Logged
dslburner2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 12:09:55 PM »

This isn't this first time this has happened. The major issue you have is you signed away your rights as a consumer when you purchased from Nations. There is a form called an alternative resolution agreement that you signed and probably didn't even realize it. I suggest if your ever confronted with this paper anywhere in any vehicle transaction, walk away! I have sent you an email, please feel free to respond there or if you prefer, I can continue to post here. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:53:26 PM by dslburner2 » Logged
Really Sorry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:07:58 PM »

Buyer Beware stay away from nations truck & suv center in sanford florida I was riped off by them go some were else.  Trust me.
Really Sorry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »

Get the word out about there ways of hiding behind the shaddy florida laws that protect the seller more than the buyer.
Nations Truck & SUV Center will rip you off.
quad-14

Quad 41

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »

they both suck, every truck that i looked at had the under carriage painted black, some were painted over mud, also i looked at a truck at gibson, an f250 with an 8 inch lift with 38 inch tires and there was a mud line up to the power steering pump. and the "BRAND NEW" carpet inside was only covering the muddy floor pan, all they wanted to do was sell me a truck.

anyways i found the cleanest F250 around at KNIGHTS TRUCK CENTER, ive had it for a year and six months and nothing has broken

Know Saftey...No Pain
No Saftey...Know Pain
dslburner2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 10:24:37 AM »

This one I seriously doubt. Must be an employee from Knights. Do you really expect us to believe that ANY dealer will go through the trouble of replacing the carpeting and not clean the floor pans? The undercoating you speak of is there for a reason and Gibson, Nations and Knights all do it. The difference being all in the prep work before it gets sprayed. If it was placed on a rack and thoroughly pressure washed ahead of time it will not only look nice but it also protects your truck for years to come. Quad-14 I need to ask you something. Where you not looking to buy a truck? Your statement "all they wanted to do was sell me a truck" is only what they are there for. How else do you think they or any other dealership keep their doors open? Did Knights give you your F250 for free? Where was this truck from Knights serviced because last time I checked there was no service department there.
Really Sorry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 10:42:14 AM »

Alls I can say to any one is don't buy one from nations truck & suv center in sanford florida
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 07:16:46 PM »

Here buy this one. Clean Florida truck from a private seller  Roll Eyes
I think the KBB trade in was around 19k. I just bought another so Im looking to put some change back in my bank account.

2003 FORD F-350 dually flatbed 4x4 crew cab XLT Diesel. It has the 6.0 motor with 69500 original miles. The truck runs great. It has a 2" lift with aluminum wheels. The tires have less than 5k miles on them. All brakes were also just done. The bed has aluminum under mount tool boxes installed not pictured with a hide a gooseneck hitch with wiring. Its only towed a gooseneck trailer 1 time. Heavy duty frame mounted hitch, 7 way round & 4 way flat trailer harness with the digital electric brake sending unit. The interior has the carbon fiber panels in the doors with black seats,headliner and carpet. The front and back floor was covered almost completely with rubber made spill guards and the seats had been covered since I got it with 28k miles on it. The door panels & dash are black & grey. Tinted windows, Am/Fm CD player, power seats, mirrors,door & window, heated mirrors, sliding rear window. Ice cold AC the truck runs drives  shifts perfect. I have Title . Oil changed every 3-5k miles and the tranny fluid was changed at 60k with mercron SP, recent oil change, fuel filters, FICM module, injector wiring harness and fuel pump have receipts. If it needed something it got it. I have another truck so this was used for family camping trips and some around town. It hasn't been worked hard. Located in Loxahatchee Fl. 33470

$19500

Really Sorry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 05:45:54 AM »

Nice looking truck only problem I have is its a flat bed and a ford I have had bad trans. broblems with them thats why I went to gm and the allison trans. Thanks

Dont buy from nations truck & suv center in sanford florida
quad-14

Quad 41

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 10:17:40 PM »

Dsl, There is no reason to be offended that i dont like gibson or nations, i went to both of those places before knights, but like i said there was no prep work done before the undercoat was applied at either facility, and my truck does NOT have an undercoat, and i don't know why you think that i said that there was a repair facility at knights, cause there isn't, and i never said that there was.
- The sales people at both gibson and nations "just wanted to sell me a truck" was a referance to the fact that, i wanted to buy the truck that i wanted, nothing else, i want what i want, no big deal right?, well not for them, i wanted an f250 lifted, shortbed, crewcab, 7.3 or 5.4 (depending on price), i was in no rush to buy, so i said if you dont have it, let me know when you do, and all they kept doing was trying to sell me something that they already had, such as a single cab, long bed,GMC.

soooo i went to knights, they had what i wanted, they never gave me the run around, the truck was in great condition, and everybody was happy..

..............oh and just for the record, i dont work at knights truck center, never have, never will, and i dont know anyone who does or has................

-and i dont know if your calling me a liar about the muddy floor pan in the truck at gibson, but i have no reason to lie, and there is no reason for you to call me out like that.- you asked for my opinion and you got it.

GIBSON TRUCK WORLD AND NATIONS TRUCK CENTER SUCK AND I WILL NEVER GO BACK
Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:22:03 PM by quad-14 » Logged

Know Saftey...No Pain
No Saftey...Know Pain
dslburner2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »

I wasn't trying to call you out so my bad if it seemed that way. I do agree with you with one thing for sure. You should by what you want because there is nothing worse than regretting a MAJOR purchase. The only reason I may seemed a bit harsh is because I just wanted people to be well informed about both Nations and Gibson. I just assumed that you were someone I know from Knights trying to put in their 2 cents and for that forgive me. Further more I appreciate your input though I must say I never saw anything like what you describe. Unless that truck with the mud you refer to was parked in the wholesale as is section that is.
Really Sorry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 03:45:45 PM »

Don't buy one from nations truck & suv center in sanford florida. Go any where else but there.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »

all of those trucks have half assed lift kits and huge tires with stock gears. they care about looks above function because that's what sells... the undercoat jobs look like someone went at with two cans and no regard for over spray. my buddy traded his ranger in there and got very little trade in and his new truck came with all sorts of steering issues and bad front tires, the truck shook like crazy at highway speeds and even got the death wobble at one point. his door is also very obviously replaced or re painted as well. i saw a diesel there that has a stack setup made from heater ducting and wood screwed into the plastic bed liner.

i mean, im not saying they trying to screw you over. not all of there stuff is bad, but some of the stuff looks a little sketchy. i wouldn't buy from them.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
KnK Motorsports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »

Quad-14, you will not find better people than Knights,in the used truck market than Knights. Which truck did you purchase? They are great, and yes I do work for them. Knights take pride in what they have , if the truck needs something it gets it and if doesn't ,why waste the money and the price of the truck. All the trucks get looked at to make sure they are safe. And I am sure that you will find someone that does not like Knights as well, but I can tell you this, I am sure Terry tried to please the customer. The best thing is there is no pressure when you are looking at there trucks.

K&K Motorsports
specializing in off-road performance
Suspension & body lifts,leveling kits,
tires & wheels, ATV performance,& powdercoating
Authorized Dealer for Lonestar, Blingstar,AC,Nacs,ODI Grips,Ron Woods,Falicon,ESR,Herrmann,Duncan

06 YFZ450 #12
08 KFX450 #21
quad-14

Quad 41

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 06:24:12 PM »

I bought a 2004 F250 4x4 crewcab shortbed 5.4L, charcoal in color, i purchased it in July 2008... and i am 99% sure that terry was my sales person, no matter who it was that sold it to me, i had excellent service, and i have had 0 problems with my truck. and i was offered a carfax without asking (unlike some other dealerships)..... and the next time i am in the market for a new truck, KNIGHTS will be first on my list for sure.....

here's a good comparison GIBSON/NATIONS: Thumbs Down Deal      KNIGHTS: Thumbs Up Drive

KNIGHTS TRUCK CENTER HAS EXCELLENT TRUCKS WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 06:27:58 PM by quad-14 » Logged

Know Saftey...No Pain
No Saftey...Know Pain
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 06:24:51 PM »

I think that one had about 97k on it. Real nice truck

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
quad-14

Quad 41

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 06:36:56 PM »

it had 88k, but looked like it only had 20

Know Saftey...No Pain
No Saftey...Know Pain
Really Sorry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 05:35:39 AM »

Take my advice and look any where other than nations truck & suv center in sanford florida. They riped me off and I lost $3,500.00 in three weeks time in dealing with them. Read my posts.
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 08:16:42 AM »

Take my advice and look any where other than nations truck & suv center in sanford florida. They riped me off and I lost $3,500.00 in three weeks time in dealing with them. Read my posts.

Why would someone listen to a person who has 6 posts to their credit, all about the same thing?  Your wasting your time.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com