Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you like to see the next endurance race?  (Read 14254 times)
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 08:23:27 AM »

I think what svbolt is saying is that alternating laps is not a sign of endurance. He would like it to be mandatory that each rider complete 2 or 3 laps, depending on course length for fuel purposes, before they can let the other rider take their place.

what about this?
I still like the 2 man team for 6 hrs and both riders can be on the course at the same time and they can ride as much as they physically can for the whole race. They dont have to be and they can come off the course anytime they want to or need to for fuel, food, drink, maintanance, or whatever. Now that is a test of endurance.

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
john450r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 08:53:21 AM »

Its all for fun if you make the race too hard less people will show up the two man team for six hours sounds good not to long but long enough for endurance.You could even have two classes one with two riders and one with three or four.
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 06:34:26 PM »

Its all for fun if you make the race too hard less people will show up the two man team for six hours sounds good not to long but long enough for endurance.You could even have two classes one with two riders and one with three or four.

Now there is a good idea, for those that dont want all the ride time, they can have 4 man teams and have another class for the 2 man teams. That takes care of the hard core and the weekend worrior Cool

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 06:56:55 PM »

i see alot of good ideas, there are a ton of variables here, if you are set on a 6 hr race, thats kinda a "tweener" race, what i mean by that is, still a little long for one guy to go all out for 6 hrs, two man teams are good and 3 man teams are good, if you start to offer a ton of different classes you will end up with one team classes, i think that there should be only a handful of classes, and up to 3 teamates, and you could have a combined race where all teamates are on course at the same time and take a total laps run, to determine the winner (shawns proposal) but then that would have to get broken down again into bikes, quads, bike quad combo, and you could literally have 25 classes

my class breakdown is as follows:
quad open, up to 3 teamates
bike open up to 3 teamates
women quad open up to 3 teamates
quad intermediate up to 3 teamates
bike quad combo up to 3 teamates
bike combined up to 3 teamates, all run simltainiously
quad open combined up to 3 teamates all run simltainiously
fun class any combination bikes quads up to 4 teamates

just because it says you can have up to 3 teamates, doesnt mean you HAVE TO have 3 

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
flahondafam

luv 2 ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »

sounds good but there should only be two on a team if some teams have two and some have three thats not fair two team mates will be easier to find also
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 08:42:07 PM »

sounds good but there should only be two on a team if some teams have two and some have three thats not fair two team mates will be easier to find also

there were plenty of 4 man teams, it shouldnt be hard to put a 3 man team together,

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »

6 hrs is a 2 man race

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »

there were plenty of 4 man teams, it shouldnt be hard to put a 3 man team together,

No sir, not enough to make it profitable.

I wonder if we had made it 2 man teams, whether we would have got a few more.

I am definately leaning towards the 2 man 6 hour format.

Hey, let's face it, we can try it see how you like it. Nothing is set in stone.
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2009, 08:11:14 AM »

Good point Paul, we tried the 4 man teams so now lets try the 2 man teams, never know, we might like it better.

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
kati16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »

love the ideas of the 2 man team i heard that some ppl wanted it like that it has always been 4, so maybe this will make it better. Smiley
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 11:08:40 PM »

if you want to run a two man team you could, is the price still going to remain $100 per team?

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »

if you want to run a two man team you could, is the price still going to remain $100 per team?

Nah Dawg, I would put it at $50 per team.
Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2009, 12:32:08 AM »

I would like to see the next endurance race be clothing optional for the female competitors.

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »

i guess thats the reason he is called "sleazy rider"  Tongue
but i like it ( as long as they are 18 and up of course)

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
oldest

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 07:38:36 AM »

U---NO----borch is champion only because ballance 1 st. started on new machine and about 4 weeks before the florida rsce he had two ribs removed due to a tumer which luckly was not cancer but had caused them to break  --in my book he is still # 1-------most would quit knowing he had no chance to defend the title he gave the title away but give him a+ he came a long way in one season and------ WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR --  and  # ONE  he is old too ha  ha  watch him have fun  with the passy kids
oldest

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »

now that we now who next years #1 will be======paul we ran a 8 hour in tenn last year it was set 2 man teams  3 man teams or 4----they set   it up for everone  young  fast and the old  and the pro 1 man teem--- each had two classes --A==B that way everone had a choice to fit there riding style
JENX450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »

ha odest you are right bill will be back Kiss Kiss
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »

I can agree with oldest about bill ballance being sick and having the surgery at the beginning of the season. But what was the excuse for the second half of the season. The bike seemed fast enouph and bill was getting on the podium sometimes and even claimed a holeshot or two But Borich Won 7 of the last 8 races and finished 2nd in the one he did not win. I think bill still has some great races in him but Borich was on fire this season and deserves the title. and I say congrats. I hope he does it again next season, I think he deserves it.
JENX450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 07:11:04 AM »

I wasnt saying he doesnt deserve a win he has followed bill for 5 years but would you -i would not- like to win a championship knowing my comp. had two stones thrown at him at once  borch is a good rider trains hard and if he can defind the title this season he will be champion in my book too we run gncc and i have met them all  the pros are all nice guys  Evil= they are like all of us they enjoy this sport. all cant be #1 I enjoy competeing if I FINISH a race i feel i am a winner Wink  we will just have to watch and see------just a thouht if you had two ribs removed think about it the pain he had to endure and still ran a race most people could not beleive was possible ### one untill he beats him on even turff  not with a handy cap of 95%  this is a mental sport you have to push yourself mentaly to ride at your top and i love it  hope to ride many more years  god willing--------  be there in jan ---------
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 11:57:09 PM »

I think it should be one lap on the quad then make the real race on foot to the ice cold beverage cooler

I just had to say that.  Wink

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 01:37:22 AM »

JENX450 = Oldest... Oldest = JENX450??

Anyways, Chillin if you are reading this, I think it would be wise to know if you can make another lap or not.. If you don't think so, isnt there a fuel stop? Maybe this should be implemented?

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 06:44:33 AM »

JENX450 = Oldest... Oldest = JENX450??

Anyways, Chillin if you are reading this, I think it would be wise to know if you can make another lap or not.. If you don't think so, isnt there a fuel stop? Maybe this should be implemented?

Chillen is my teammate so please explain what you mean. The course will be just under 20 miles so 2 laps will be possible but you dont have to run 2 in a row as far as i know.

AS I READ IT...........Its 6hrs, 2 rider team, as many laps as you can complete. You can stop for fuel or repairs at any time

Sponsored by
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
JENX450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2009, 07:19:44 AM »

a BIG thumbs up for paul he has now got a class for just about every rider so lets go have fun can"t wait  THANKS PAUL S.
apds777

screw it let's ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2009, 08:56:53 PM »

i want to play, so who wants me on their team Wink i hope i dont get picked last Cry

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com