Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eurika borrow pit  (Read 2709 times)
dansummersill

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2009, 05:16:34 PM »

This what I've found out so far about the Eurika Borrow pit. There was a study on the pit. (See Attachment). There were meetings called for people to voice thier opinons for or against the pit. The forestry dept was only required to anounce word of the meetings in a local Ocala paper. If you didn't live in Ocala, ATV enthusiast in the rest of the state never got the word of the meetings. This made the meetings very lopsided with local property owners who in turn voted it down. Since this is state and federal land, word of the meetings should have been sent out state wide. This was not done.
There is now a new newsletter for the Ocala OHV enthusiast. Everyone should send thier E-mail to sign up for this letter.
Grizzlybear put it on this website. This way all atv enthusiast get word of the meetings.
  I'm still researching and digging to see if there is a way to reopen these meetings. We can have one of the best riding areas if we just keep on fighting.

* Eureka.doc (28.5 KB - downloaded 143 times.)
Baileygunns

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:35:35 PM »

Can you post the link to the news letter here?
dansummersill

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 09:07:27 PM »

the first newsletter is under subject-October 2009 newsletter- trail jamboree, posted by grizzlybear
To get future newsletters you must E-mail your E-mail address to Rosie Burlock at  rburlock@fs.fed.us
Baileygunns

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 08:40:43 AM »

Thanks, I just emailed her.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com