Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bar is not open at Thunderbowl this Sat  (Read 4099 times)
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:53:21 PM »

We have info from the track Manager as of today and the bar will NOT be open for this saturday's SDTA race, please make sure to call one of the phone numbers listed on the bottom of the flyer before you leave your house on Sat to confirm all is well with the track conditions and the weather is cooperating.

I look forward to seeing a large turn out for this event.

Shawn
TadZilla-17

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »

That is one hell of a way to post a subject on here. All that does is show how stupid and immature you wannabe riders/racers are  if you think ya'll have to have a bar at a race track to have a good time. The Real Thunderbowl just needed good friends and a great FAMILY atmosphere to have FUN.If ya'll are going to have a bar at the track why not just have races without wearing helmets it amounts to the same thing
cj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:41:59 PM »

That is one hell of a way to post a subject on here. All that does is show how stupid and immature you wannabe riders/racers are  if you think ya'll have to have a bar at a race track to have a good time. The Real Thunderbowl just needed good friends and a great FAMILY atmosphere to have FUN.If ya'll are going to have a bar at the track why not just have races without wearing helmets it amounts to the same thing
Tad, I don't believe Sean was promoting the bar in any way,he was just trying to get the word out that it wont be open on the next race,because everyone hates the idea.
But your right I wouldn't have put that as a headline of a post either,it should be moved to the subject portion,with a headline of (important thunderbowl news) etc.
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:49:51 PM »

Tad:
You may want to check yourself before posting comments like this, I would hardly call myself a "wannabe/racer" what I am is a long time Expert/Pro level racer and have been for the last 20yrs. I do not agree with having a bar at the race track anymore than the next guy but unfortunately I do not own the racetrack nor do I make decisions for the track owner. What I am trying to accomplish is to provide a great night of racing just as Brady did in the past. Several people have posted that they plan to not attend this Sat's race if the bar is open so I was merely providing a factual statement that "the Bar is not open this Sat".

I can assure you that NO ONE racing will be spending any time inside the bar until after the races are complete, if a racer is caught inside the bar and drinking during normal race times they will be disqualified from that nights race and not allowed to sign up at the next event.

You have clearly misinterpreted the intent of the bar to mean that all of us racers are going to hanging out in there during the races.

The real Thunderbowl as you mention did have good friends and great Family atmosphere, what it did not have is consistent attendance of racers and spectators to keep the doors open. The goal of the SDTA Is to pick up the pieces and schedule races at different facilities throughout Florida, is this something your interested in or are you just a keyboard racer?

Shawn McNary
Notice I signed my email with my name, that's what real Men do!
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »

CJ:
I have no intention of putting this kind of important information inside another post, most people have posted that they are not attending due to the bar being open, I wanted to make it clear to all that it will NOT be open this Sat. Hence the reason it is listed at the top of the bold section.

I do not even drink so I could care less if the bar is there but everyone should keep in mind that every race track across the United States serves beer at the racetrack for fans/spectators to enjoy, yes even Nascar the largest promoting body of Motorsports in the United States.

Shawn
TadZilla-17

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »

Hey Shawn I'm no keyboard racer as a matter of fact I won the spring series of TT racing, vet 30+class, after only being out of a backbrace for only 1 1/2 months after having to wear it for 5 months,with a crushed T-8 vertebrae so Yes  I think I'm considered a racer just like you  with 20 yrs exp.Also I did misinterpret about you  opening the bar, I thought you were the new owners ,not just the race promoters, so yes I apologize

Tad DeLoach #17
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 10:52:13 PM »

Tad:
Thank you for the apolgy and the post explaining your misunderstanding, are you racing this Sat?

Shawn
cj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 10:57:42 PM »

CJ:
I have no intention of putting this kind of important information inside another post, most people have posted that they are not attending due to the bar being open, I wanted to make it clear to all that it will NOT be open this Sat. Hence the reason it is listed at the top of the bold section.

I do not even drink so I could care less if the bar is there but everyone should keep in mind that every race track across the United States serves beer at the racetrack for fans/spectators to enjoy, yes even Nascar the largest promoting body of Motorsports in the United States.

Shawn
Huffman Racing

be fast or be last

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 11:52:59 PM »

Hehe, Just because I ride a Harley, doesnt mean I hang out in a biker bar!  Toast  So what if the bar is open. Im sure when the racing is going on, they will be out watching us having fun and putting on a great show. They would have to pay to get in to be a spectator just like every one else. Hell who knows, maybe I bring out my Bagger and make some laps. Thumbs Up

Lets get sideways.
Donnie Huffman #31
www.myspace.com/huffmanracing
Rflattrackmatt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »

I agree. They do sell beer at most tracks across the country. I never see a Nascar driver with one in his hand. I don't plan on drinking at the track, but if one of my guests that travel up with me as a spectator wants a cold one while we are putting on a show, why shouldn't they??? Toast
Rflattrackmatt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 12:30:57 PM »

I might be able to pass you if you ride the bagger. I say bring it.
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 02:02:38 PM »

Tad:
You may want to check yourself before posting comments like this, I would hardly call myself a "wannabe/racer" what I am is a long time Expert/Pro level racer and have been for the last 20yrs.

yeah right....... Grin  J/K  i cant make it saturday but i hope to see yall at the next one. gotta have a new crank for my ride. Roll Eyes

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com