Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues using quote feature?  (Read 3897 times)
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:18:57 PM »

Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else.  When I quote someones reply with the quote button in the upper right corner or there reply and then go to add my responce the screen in box jumps all around.  I can't even see what I am typing I have to scroll down and check what I type and when I start typing again it rolls to the top of the screen again and I can't see what I am typing. Not only is this annoying but it is almost making me
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:00:22 PM »

Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else.  When I quote someones reply with the quote button in the upper right corner or there reply and then go to add my responce the screen in box jumps all around.  I can't even see what I am typing I have to scroll down and check what I type and when I start typing again it rolls to the top of the screen again and I can't see what I am typing. Not only is this annoying but it is almost making me
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's juuuuuuuuuuuuust Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooou!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »

It has been happening to me ever since I 'upgraded' to the latest version of IE.  It's not even just when I quote somebody.  Anytime I've filled the box and the scroll bar appears, that's when the jumping around starts.  Obviously, if you've quoted somebody or a post that has multiple quotes, it doesn't take long to fill the box.  Don't know what the answer is but it is really annoying.   Angry  Bones, do you have any input?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »

No issue with Firefox.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 08:59:49 PM »

It has been happening to me ever since I 'upgraded' to the latest version of IE.  It's not even just when I quote somebody.  Anytime I've filled the box and the scroll bar appears, that's when the jumping around starts.  Obviously, if you've quoted somebody or a post that has multiple quotes, it doesn't take long to fill the box.  Don't know what the answer is but it is really annoying.   Angry  Bones, do you have any input?

Wow, now it's working maybe we were in time out mode or something, I don't know but it is working now.

Thank you who ever fixed it
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 09:46:01 PM »

I was wrong, it is still not working  Sad.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 05:28:52 AM »

I was wrong, it is still not working  Sad.

Works for me.. Get Firefox... Google it.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »

I just tried the quote button with IE8 and didn't have any issues. Is your computer whacked?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 01:28:18 PM »

I have had a few "appearance" issues with IE8.  Toolbars gone, or black bars instead of your toolbar, ect.  I was told to set my computer's "visual effects" to "Adjust for best performance" and I haven't had any issues since.  I don't know if this would help or not but its worth a shot.  It does change the look a little bit but I don't care.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 01:33:57 PM »

I just tried the quote button with IE8 and didn't have any issues. Is your computer whacked?

Bones, the problem doesn't start until you have typed enough for the scroll bar to appear.  After you begin to type the next line, the text jumps up and down and you cannot see what you've typed unless you use the scroll bar.  The problem is exacerbated if you insert a large quote which pushes you off the end of the page faster.  I have enabled the compatibilty view but it still happens.  I thought it may have been only at work but when I upgraded to IE8 at home, the problem started there as well.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 02:30:17 PM »

This has been doing it to me for at least 1-2 months, but I don't have problems on any other sites.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 03:25:56 PM »

I still can't replicate it. I hit the quote button, then cut and pastes hundreds of words and nothing goes wrong.

Whatever it is, it could be this template that I'm using. I've thought about scrapping it all and going back to a more simple layout. Like I used on www.JeepFlorida.com --> http://jeepflorida.com/forum/index.php

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 09:35:12 PM »

Well, the wife just set me up with Firefox like several here suggested and things seem to be working good so maybe it was IE after all.  I also like that Firefox has a built spelling feature for my other sites that don't have spell check.

Thanks for the help guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com