Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CATVOS King Quad  (Read 27969 times)
mistercorbin

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2009, 06:57:23 PM »

Custom 5inch Lift made by CATVOS. Just finished gettin it all put together this week. The HL Springs are getting powdercoated red and I will have 29.5s on it ASAP..Heres what she looks like now

zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 07:56:19 PM »

looks like a great machine ,too bad we are so limited with places to use it!!!!!!!!!

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »

There are tons of illegal places to ride what are you talking about? I love the hump..lmaoo....just messin with ya.

Thanks for the compliments..On a serious note, lots of good places are opening up in FL lately. Im happy about that!
MedicMudder
Supreme Member

USMC...OOOO RHAA !!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »

Swaweeeet KQ that is the mostest badd azzzzzz KQ ive ever laid eyes on. Ive never heard of CATVOS lifts,s they got a web site?

Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
 My son is a United States  Marine. SmileySmiley Semper Fidelis.
 Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »

CATVOS is an abbreviation for Custom ATV's Of Shreveport www.customatvofshreveport.com

Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 01:10:19 PM »

I like the back rest. However, is it possible to mount it under the rack so as not to impede coolers and stuff on top?

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »

looks nice but its to bad u cant ride it hard.. ur axles are going to brake alot u going to
go boots like notin  ..but hey it looks good  ...  had a 7'' lift on my grizzly took it off
but hope catvos built a better litf then gorille...  it took 2days for the 1st axles to go
...let me know how it works out..... Cool

THE DEEPER I GO THE MORE SHE LIKE'S IT

suzuki eiger
08 grizzly 700  6' lift with 30''shoes
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 01:37:35 AM »

looks nice but its to bad u cant ride it hard.. ur axles are going to brake alot u going to
go boots like notin  ..but hey it looks good  ...  had a 7'' lift on my grizzly took it off
but hope catvos built a better litf then gorille...  it took 2days for the 1st axles to go
...let me know how it works out..... Cool

Thats exactly what i told him, the problem is the axles, gorillas just break very easy. 

You will go through boots like butter, and you know what sucks, with gorilla you have to send the axles in (even for boots) for your warranty to be valid.  If you do boots yourself, then your warranty is void on the entire axle.   And warranty is only for 1 year and only for the origional owner

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »

Anoriginal - I guess you could do that but you would def have to modify it a little. The backrest is for the Artic Cat Speedrack system, take a look at it and see if you would be able to modify it for you bike...If youre interested..

As far as axles go im not worried about it, if they break they break, but I find it hard to believe they are going to break as much as people/haters say, if that was the case, they wouldnt be in business
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 01:57:34 PM »

BTW DJ_PIZZM thanks for posting that link, never came back to the site after I posted the thread.

CATVOS does OUTSTANDING work. If youre interested in anything custom for your bike give them a shout.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 03:00:24 PM »

Anoriginal - I guess you could do that but you would def have to modify it a little. The backrest is for the Artic Cat Speedrack system, take a look at it and see if you would be able to modify it for you bike...If youre interested..

As far as axles go im not worried about it, if they break they break, but I find it hard to believe they are going to break as much as people/haters say, if that was the case, they wouldnt be in business

Hey man I've talked to you about it before...

I broke 7 gorillas that were NOT repairable (halfshaft and joint) and 3 shafts. That was my grizzly with 2" lift and 29.5's.  Gorilla axles are not all they are made up to be.  This is coming from experience.

Mike (eigermudder) broke a TON of gorillas on his lifted grizz.  (no it's not just a grizzly thing Wink )

I have had nothing but problems with gorilla axles, their warranty system is alright, but you can't do anything yourself if you want to keep the warranty.

With all that said, I'd still run grillas in my brute, its cheaper to replace axles than diffs...but you better believe gorillas break pretty easy.

YOUR problem is going to be boots, because of the axle angle, it heats up the boot and it will actually melt through and create a hole.  Then dirt gets in the cup and POP...

Keep an eye on the boots and if you break one just keep it clean and send it to gorilla, they'll give you a hard time if there is mud inside the cv, yet you can't take it apart yourself or warranty is void!!! It's a lose lose.

All that summed up is why I'll never lift my atv more than 2", my stock axles are decent on the brute, and to be honest...I don't need anything more! If I can't make it through a hole its either crazy deep or i was going to tip over anyway Wink

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 05:21:24 PM »

HATERS.. look my grzzly made that suzuki look like a little toy when it was lift up.. we are just trying to
stop u spening ur $$$ on sh it but hell its not my money..  just trying to help

suzuki eiger
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »

Grizzlys are notorious for breaking axles and axle problems in general, thats a known fact.
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »

HATERS.. look my grzzly made that suzuki look like a little toy when it was lift up.. we are just trying to
stop u spening ur $$$ on sh it but hell its not my money..  just trying to help

Lol, did I call u a hater? I was speaking in general, everybody loves to hate on Gorillas, yet everybody runs them. Very few people run Turners.

There is a price you pay for having a "head turning" machine. Same with big trucks, sh*t breaks. Id rather break an axle than a diff, like you said. Bottom line is this, ill follow the break in procedure for the boots/axles. If I burn up a boot, so be it, if I break an axle, so be it. At the end of the day I still have a bad ass bike and that was my goal. Also, I dont really trail ride, as much water as we have here during the wet season the boots shouldnt get as hot as they normally would.. During the dry season im sure I may have some problems.
Baileygunns

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 06:45:14 PM »

If I burn up a boot, so be it, if I break an axle, so be it. At the end of the day I still have a bad ass bike and that was my goal.

Clapper Clapper Clapper
That's what it's all about!!
 Toast
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 12:40:21 AM »

Grizzlys are notorious for breaking axles and axle problems in general, thats a known fact.

660=yes
700=no

I never broke a stocker with 29s, I just uprgraded to gorillas beacuse i thought I would breakt hem all the time...little did I know.

08 Brute 750
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 07:33:51 PM »

hey so how that bike doing brake anything Undecided  like to know how it holds up

suzuki eiger
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 07:50:49 PM »

I think it's still a virgin

08 Brute 750
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 10:29:32 AM »

ill take it that lift sucks  ,,, bike been more time in the shop..... i try to tell u  had the same s  h it   with my bike....    hope it works out

suzuki eiger
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »

ill take it that lift sucks  ,,, bike been more time in the shop..... i try to tell u  had the same s  h it   with my bike....    hope it works out

he hasn't even rode it, but I'm trying to be optomistic about the lift.  All I read about is problems, especially trail riding.  I had enough axles break on my grizzly with just a 2" lift, I know you broke more than me too!

08 Brute 750
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 05:34:57 PM »

EIGER-MUDDER first of all wtf are u talking about "bike been more time in the shop", my bikes never in the shop. Its been sitting at my house. I finally got my new 29.5s and springs powdercoated red, I havnt rode it yet except for breaking in the axles. Im waiting for TGW at RYC.

You guys can say all u want about how bad the lift or how bad the axles are, they wouldnt sell hundreds of these lifts/axles if they were sh*t. Get over it.
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »

ok    dont get mad   ill be out there the same event if i see u ill say hi  hope ur on u bike
and not fixing it.....  im not try to be a ass ,,, im was trying to help  and i had a gorillas lift
  i want to know how the  catvos working for u ..

p.s sell alot
thats funny because i only seen about 5bike + mine with a lift and i go to
alot events  and like me alot of ppl take them off   because ppl $9000 on an atv they want to ride it not to look at it thats why i took my off yes it looks bad ass u can get a ride out of it
but 2 rides  no always fixing boots or broke an axle.. and i just want to know how its working out for u...  Cool

suzuki eiger
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »

There arent many CATVOS bikes in FL but go to LA or some other states and youll see them everywhere. How is saying "I take it the lift sucks" or "Bike been in the shop" or however u tried working that, helping me? Lol. See u at RYC.

My buddies got a 6inch on an outty 800 and rides the sh*t out of that bike with no problems.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 12:58:08 PM »

I'm not saying the LIFT is sh*t...but I think you'll have some axle problems. 

The issue is that CATVOS (your specific one) did not make the bike much wider, so the axle angle is greater than say a 4" wider bike. 

I think you'll be fine if you are easy on it.  It just sucks breaking axles, I broke way too many and never want it to be like that again...thats why I won't ever lift the bike any more than 2"

Mike is speaking from experience...his grizz was a freaking beast...but it tore through axles like crazy.  It's just annoying brekaing axles...

From what I see, boots are the big problem with the lifted bikes.  Just ride in the water a lot and take it easy.

We will all be out there, so hopefully you'll be riding not fixing.  I hope the same for me because brutes are notorious for belts...I bring an extra though Wink

IMO, go ride it LIGHTLY and make sure nothing breaks...you still have 2 weeks to fix it! I'm sure you'd want to find otu a problem closer to home than 2hrs away. 

08 Brute 750
Polaris Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 10:11:45 AM »

Mister Corbin I met you a couple of times down at the hump. ( big guy on a SP 500) #1 I think your KQ looks great. #2 Since you didn't start riding yesterday I'm sure you weighed out the Pros and cons of lifting your bike. #3 ALOT of people told Vinnie (cummins power 24) He would break boots and axles on his Brute Force And as far as I know he has not. He's running 30's. #4 Your bike, your money, your dream, If it doesn't work out you can always go back. My ONLY advice, SAVE YOUR STOCK PARTS! You never know. I've been told by alot of people that I'd never get an old Sportsman 500 to run where the "Big Boys" run. After alot of work the old girl does impress people. I think we're hanging with the Homegrown crowd at RYC and I really want to see your finished project.

'02 Sportsman 500. 27" Mud B--ch tires, HL springs, HL high comp piston, Heelclicker clutch kit, Dynojet kit, Rad relocated, Custom Rad bracket & rad cover, Custom Snorkles. Rediculous amount of man hours.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com