Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Triple Canopy Ranch  (Read 7141 times)
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2009, 07:56:03 AM »

Wash the dog, pack the SUV, load up the rest of the food.  Drop off at the bank, the post office and hit the road.  Get to Vero, drop off the dog, stop for cooler refreshments and then really hit the road to the mudbog.  Yay!  Talked to IJ this morning, he said it was a great looking location with plenty of mud.  Drive 
Baileygunns

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 11:34:17 AM »

No sport quads Thumbs Down

renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »

Sorry about that, but I am still going. 
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 01:22:01 PM »

Your priorities are mixed up.  First thing I did was "refreshments on ice in cooler" at 7 am when Publix opened.  They will be nice and frosty!

Hope you have a great turn out!  Everybody remember to ride safe.  One of the things that seem to go hand in hand with 4th of July is the "celebrating".   Happy 4th!
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 03:28:45 PM »

Sorry about that, but I am still going. 

Us too!

http://www.triplecanopyranch.com/

Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 07:43:16 AM »

+1   Thumbs Down

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »

I went  not sport quads.  Wink   Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Baileygunns

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »

Says right on thier web page. Look under the " Park Rules & Waivers" tab, rule number 5....

No dirt bikes, sport quads, 2 wheeled vehicles, 3 wheelers or air boats allowed on the property. Utility 2wd and 4x4 quads are welcome. This is a mud bog facility not a high speed riding area so sport quats which are designed from the factory with a focus on motorcross or cross country racing are not permitted.

renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »

Regardless of the sports quads, Triple Canopy was great!  We got around quite a bit and I have over 300 pictures that I will be loading up to Mudneck.com and the Mudneck Myspace and or Facebook.  I am sending copies to the management there so there may be some on the location's website.  
The mud pits were nice and soupy.  Keeter named the ATV pits as "perfect".   The camping was spread all through the venue with easy access to showers and portapotties.  Great light towers to light up the more popular areas as well.  Good food on vendor row and if I say so myself, some really great TShirts.
If the biggest problem someone has is no sport quads the only response I can think of is, go get a mudbike and come play with us.  Wink  I know after watching those mud trucks run I am putting one on my wishlist.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:48:29 PM by renmus » Logged
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 06:57:40 PM »

ya its funny i brought my sport bike to red neck yatch club and its really funny i made it trough holes that 4x4 bikes were getting stuck in. and just because they wont let my bike in there because from factory it was made for speed he wont let me in i hope park does not make it. IMO thats poor bussines.  but its ok i still got alot more places i ride. i do have 4x4 but i bring my 2wd and my 4x4 when i go away for weekend. hopefully he will change his mind if he sees pic of bike and relize its set up for mud  and not speed would love to go chec the place out

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
Baileygunns

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 07:49:37 PM »

If the biggest problem someone has is no sport quads the only response I can think of is, go get a mudbike and come play with us.  Wink

I'm not knocking the place... Just wish there were more than a couple places to ride sport quads... Seems like all of Florida is under mud and water...

I grew up in New Hampshire... We rode from the backyard. There are more trails in the system up there then there are roads in the state. No joke. All year round. You can buy maps at the gas stations for the trails. The state grooms the trails in the winter for the snow machines. Land owners alow trails through thier property. ATV and Snowmobile clubs clean the trails during the warm months. We don't have to title our bikes but we do have to register them every year. The funds actualy go to buying land and up keep of trails. Most of the trails are marked at intersections.. restaurants, gas stations, ect are pointed out.

Florida is a let down for trail riding for any type of machine. If I have to trailer up to go riding when I was younger, before I had a licence, I wouldn't have started riding...

Mud bogs aren't every ones thing. Nor is sport riding...

Glad you guys had a ball...

Do you know some where where I could have ball?  Cry
rinconpete

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 09:51:36 PM »

Bailey pm sent and I hear ya on the riding back home. Miss those hard packed trails and all the pits plus the old railroad lines.

Ride every day like its your last!

06 RINCON GPSCAPE
05 GMC w/6inch FABTEC lift sitting on 36in MT's
RRPOA MEMBER
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 10:05:49 PM »

Theres a time & place and a type of riding for everyone. Theres even a Motoplex that is set up for the best of both worlds, unfortunately this one is not.

I'm not saying right or wrong I will just make a few observations. I dont own the place and cant control the rules the owner post. I'm guessing the thinking behind sport's at a mudbog is all there is to do is race berms,do doughnuts and speed on the hard packed roads.Which is a huge liability risk.

Simply, I'm sure that this type of machine would even in some instances raise insurance liability rates. Now you have an economic factor that an owner must consider. I have been to allot of these events & like it or not this is what I see. Any refuting that, what on earth else would you realistically do at a mud park ?Any one making these comments is saying that they would idle @ less than 10 mph all day & be satisfied with that? (yes Matt you are the exception and thats only because those darn mud grips you have on the sport of yours are too heavy to lift up)

Why is it that you never here of anyone with a utility quad complain that a track wont let them ride it? Can I run my Rhino at any of your motocross tracks? Maybe but I have not heard of one that will allow it so I simply don't go I wouldn't have any fun at one if I couldn't use it to its potential.I can tell you that there were some 50-90 maybe even a 150cc Chinese bike there that children rode. There was also some 250 on up type 2 wheel drive utility quads.But whatever, you all are beating a dead horse here. The ones to complain to is the owners and plead your case to allow yourselves in with them.

How many times does Simone on one of these machines come past vendor row only to accelerate pull a wheelie or throw up dirt & dust behind them and than you see the rider turn around to see how high the sand shot. Anyone ever take a Utility 4x4 to a track with some 29" outlaws and be welcomed to use there track? Be reasonable.

I'm working on pics will have them loaded shortly.
Heres a taste~

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:09:53 PM by bushwacker » Logged

sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 10:14:19 PM »

javascript:void(0);

+1   Thumbs Down
Toast
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 10:15:45 PM »

Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 10:37:52 PM »

Yep, the ATV mud pit was "perfect" Deep, deeper and deepest. There was a spot for all sizes of bikes. I was able to go everywhere until it got churned up in some spots then it got better. The mud drag strip was great. The mud track had a surprise 3/4 the way around,,,a deep azz sippy hole. I had to reverse out. Yep wussed out. The temperature was extreme was hard to find a cool spot. Renmus kept sucking up the fan at the Mudneck trailer. arg!! The highlight was the truck from Intense Off-Road from Auburndale Fl. Bobby drove that thing like he stole it. That truck really put on a show. The 14 foot water hole was the only thing to stop it. They took it to a local shop and $600 or some dollars later he had that thing back out giving it hell. That truck was "STOUT" Thanks again to the guys from Intense for bringing that brand new rig out. I have got to see the picture and videos that were taken. I hope the shot of the rig coming out of a hole on two wheels surfaces. Oh... two wheels I mean the two right side wheels. BTW the truck from Intense did finally meet the end. From the pictures above the one where people were in the bed...I saw 4 big buggies yank on that truck and did not budge it. Had to leave it in the hole overnight. I heard that they had to drain the hole and it took two full tracks and two buggies to finally get it out. I could be wrong but DAMN. that thing was S T U C K .  So if anyone knows the crew from Intense or knows Bobby, tell him WOW and Thanks. He deserves a fresh Vodka and Sprite.

Oh TCR  was AWESOME.  I will be back.  The owner was out and about getting peoples feedback. Super guy.  Plenty of water hoses with good water pressure to clean the dirty parts. Plenty of toilets. Showers were great. I hope he chimes in to this forum.

Thanks for a great time. 

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Baileygunns

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 06:15:30 AM »

Bushwacker,
   Not all of us run the tracks... That's the issue... Florida is either mud or tracks... No real trail riding. Not all of us are 18 and raise a ruckus either... Your right about idling around at 10mph, no fun for us. I wouldn't show up for mud and idle around, but I would for a trail system!!! Just remember for every A-hole on a sport quad there is one on a Utility. You just don't notice as much because there is more utility riders to cover them. Sport riders stick out mor because there are less of them... It's hard to find the one red jelly bean in a jar of a thousand yellow ones, but it's easy to find the red one in a cup of ten yellow ones... It's not right on either end but like everything there are a few to ruin it for the rest.

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »

I agree with you Baily, and trail systems that become over run like Ocala , Croom is about all there is for long rides.This is not the riding I do so I'm just suggesting them for you. Its pretty hard for a park to accommodate and maintain and groom dry challenging go fast trails. Most of the trails we ride are underwater and muddy most of the year challenging even 4x4's & winch knowledge. Its easy for the owner since its more like hey heres a 30-50 acre hole fill it with muck water and have at it.

LOL red,yellow jelly beans in a jar of Cammo ones Wink

L-cross has a trail course as well as a track. i think they are open every Sunday? Thats only 1.5 hrs from West Palm. Motoplex has something I am not familiar with there full venue.Mudmuckers in Bunnel is open & has 1,000 acres to ride with trails but again depending on the season without 4x4 you get into an area you may have to turn around because mud & water. I heard Seminole is going to open up some land for trail riding. There is threads on here that will give you more info for them. Good luck,you may have to travel but eventually you will find a place that works for you.

10-4 on the Ute riders. I deal with my share of problems for that group as well. Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:01:58 AM by bushwacker » Logged

Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 09:20:12 PM »

Yep, the ATV mud pit was "perfect" Deep, deeper and deepest. There was a spot for all sizes of bikes. I was able to go everywhere until it got churned up in some spots then it got better. The mud drag strip was great. The mud track had a surprise 3/4 the way around,,,a deep azz sippy hole. I had to reverse out. Yep wussed out. The temperature was extreme was hard to find a cool spot. Renmus kept sucking up the fan at the Mudneck trailer. arg!! The highlight was the truck from Intense Off-Road from Auburndale Fl. Bobby drove that thing like he stole it. That truck really put on a show. The 14 foot water hole was the only thing to stop it. They took it to a local shop and $600 or some dollars later he had that thing back out giving it hell. That truck was "STOUT" Thanks again to the guys from Intense for bringing that brand new rig out. I have got to see the picture and videos that were taken. I hope the shot of the rig coming out of a hole on two wheels surfaces. Oh... two wheels I mean the two right side wheels. BTW the truck from Intense did finally meet the end. From the pictures above the one where people were in the bed...I saw 4 big buggies yank on that truck and did not budge it. Had to leave it in the hole overnight. I heard that they had to drain the hole and it took two full tracks and two buggies to finally get it out. I could be wrong but DAMN. that thing was S T U C K .  So if anyone knows the crew from Intense or knows Bobby, tell him WOW and Thanks. He deserves a fresh Vodka and Sprite.

Oh TCR  was AWESOME.  I will be back.  The owner was out and about getting peoples feedback. Super guy.  Plenty of water hoses with good water pressure to clean the dirty parts. Plenty of toilets. Showers were great. I hope he chimes in to this forum.

Thanks for a great time. 

I spoke to soon Bobby turned out to be women beater.   Sad Sad Undecided

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 09:09:58 AM »

Looks like everyone had a great time.  Great pics.
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 09:28:40 AM »

bushwacker will be putting up more pics during the week, meanwhile check out this site: http://www.billpruittphotography.com/gallery/8771649_2Edzx#P-6-12
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com