Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking to buy new 700cc class atv what do you recomend  (Read 5724 times)
mattsmith

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:09:03 PM »

I am looking to buy a new 700cc class atv. I want something that is reliable and will last at least 8 years. I now have a 2000 yamaha big bear and have had no problems. All the dealers down the rincon, I thought honda was a great machine? What do you guys recomend? I ride in trails, mud, and water. Thank's Roll Eyes
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:15:45 PM »

I am looking to buy a new 700cc class atv. I want something that is reliable and will last at least 8 years. I now have a 2000 yamaha big bear and have had no problems. All the dealers down the rincon, I thought honda was a great machine? What do you guys recomend? I ride in trails, mud, and water. Thank's Roll Eyes

You will get a dozen different answers. I find that the size of a person matters. And if you a baller or a cruiser. A baller then Can Am or Brute, fast but not real durable.. A cruizer who does not want their kidneys shook out of their body then a Polaris. Soft ride last long but not the fastest. IMHO

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:37:44 PM »

Im pretty sure that all of the magazines love the grizz 700 as the best all around atv

05 kx 250f
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 12:55:19 AM »

I love my Suzuki King Quad 700  Thumbs Up.
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 07:41:33 AM »

My Suzuki Kingquad rides like a cadillac.  I never come home sore after a days worth of riding!  My buddy has one also and has sunk it a few times and it still runs like a top!
561rincon

dont get stuck. get buried!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 08:31:40 AM »

i own a 650 and 680 rincon if your going to keep the tires 27'' or smaller its the best bike. but my 650 has 28'' tires lift jet kit gear reduction whole 9 yards but still wont spin a tire in thick thick mud. the 680 has 27'' vampires and will run where ever you go. but alot cheaper to change a belt in a belt drive than the tranny in a rincon

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:17:59 AM »

Keeter's right. You'll get a ton of answers. But, I love the Kawasaki BF 750. In fact, I like them so much, I bought two of them. I run them in the Big Cypress to get back and forth to my hunting camp that I own in the middle so, durability and function are crucial to me. Also, there are three other Kawasaki V-Twins associated with me in the Big Cypress (another 750, a 650 and a 700) all of them perform flawlessly.

I run 28" Mudlights on one of the bikes and 27" Mudlights on the other. I've never had one single problem with either bike. And I honestly mean NONE. I maintain them regularly and take really good care of them. They ride great, have ridiculous power, are very well designed and a blast to ride.

The Big Cypress is no picnic on an ATV and it will definitely test man and machine. I've been around and ridden many of the other big bore bikes and none of them impress me like the BF 750. You can bet that, if I were to buy another bike today, I'd buy another Kawasaki BF 750.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 09:41:02 AM »

I would say your best bet would be to go to a dealership and test drive any of the quads your considering.  Everyone has different riding styles and body types.  I think the easiest way to find your ride is to sit on it.  All machines can be made fairly comparable with the right modifications.
stonny9

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 12:49:34 PM »

I own a BF 750i, my brother owns and Sportsman 500 efi, and my brother in law owns a Arctic Cat 700 efi.

See what features u like dislike in a quad and look at the choices u have.  Look at the controls on the bike.  Do u like how they operate i.e. the arctic cat diff has a lever that u flip to lock the front diff but the Brute Force has a lever that u have to hold for the front diff to lock so with out holding it it operates in 3wd.  On the other hand a polaris has available full time 4wd which in my opinion is the best 4wd system on a quad today. 

My next quad will be efi just because I hate changing jets and with efi u can just change the programing.

Sold
2005 Brute Force 750 IRS w/mud bitches

2006 Sportsman 500 EFI w/mud bitches
cobrap

Those who go too far, know how far they can get.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »

EFI, best choice.  Easy to start, no jets to worry about for region changes. Start from there. 
Next issue, IRS or Straight axle.  Type of riding your gonna be doing. (majority)
Then it's alot of rider preferences.  I like balance of tank up front. Not under the seat.  I feel the bike is balanced better.
Some say no.  Its probably me and the way I sit on the bike.
Power steering?  More weight and another thing to break.  More money to start with.
Diff lock? Pull handle or flip of the switch.  I like the handle, pull when u need, let go, its off.
Price, warranty? 
Upgrades available?  Winch mounting?  Location and easy to get to?
Just some of the issues you might want to consider!  Good Luck, with whatever bike you choose.

I presently own a Kaw BF 750, Polaris 400 Trailblazer.
Recently sold a 04 polaris 700, and a 04 650 rincon and a 01 Honda rubicon.
Hondas were Great!  Rubicon, great mudder. Rincon, great trail bike and light mud and lots of water.
Polaris was a trip to ride.  Gorilla kit on 29.5"  Too tough to ride on the trails.  Unequaled in the mud.
Brute Force, good all around bike.  Fast and fun.  Trailblazer 2x4,  fun to ride.
Not one of them gave me any trouble, owned all of them for at least 3 years each.

07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 02:03:41 PM »

Don't listen to those young studs like Anoriginal and Keeter. I'm balder, taller, fatter, older and uglier than both them guys and I recommend only the big bores with both EFI and EPS, since you hope to keep your's for 8 years. But, I'd also wait for the 2010s, as well.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:47:30 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »

Don't listen to those young studs like Anoriginal and Keeter. I'm taller, fatter, older and uglier than both them guys and I recommend only the big bores with both EFI and EPS, since you hope to keep your's for 8 years. But, I'd also wait for the 2010s, as well.

Hey now, are you sure about that?

I mean Keeter is pretty darn ugly.  Wink

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »

Keeter IS ugly  Roll Eyes

digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »

I have an Outlander 800 Max (I needed a two-seater) that I loved up until this past weekend.  The machine is roomy, very comfortable, extremely powerful and handles well for what it is, although it will push in a high speed turn.  My only previous complaint was the brakes were noisy when wet.  My new complaint is that it does not tolerate deep water at all (deep meaning above the wheels, which ain't too deep).  The belt gets wet and slips like hell.  After a quick Google search, I found I'm not the Lone Ranger in this complaint.  So, now I'm going to have to install a CVT intake and exhaust snorkel if I'm going to continue to use this machine up at the Ranch this summer.  So, based upon your riding preference, if you ride mud and trails mostly, the Outlander is a good machine to consider.  But, you do say water so if you buy the Outlander, be prepared to install snorkels.  One good thing is that there is enough room under the faux fuel tank that you can do a stealth snorkel system pretty easily, one that will work until the handle bars are ready to go under.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 06:05:51 PM »

Holy crap!!! UGLY!!!!  You three are the poster children for Ug-Ug_ugly

Aint-curly  Anorigin-moe and Wacker-larry   LMAO   

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »

You better quit or I'll put a midget terrorist inside your cooler.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com